Team-BHP - Spy Pic: Nissan X-trail Facelift
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Spy Pic: Nissan X-trail Facelift (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/45363-spy-pic-nissan-x-trail-facelift.html)

Note from Mod: X-Trail test drive & review have been uploaded here.

I was on the third stage of my journey from Delhi to Calicut. After Pune on nearing Kandala Ghats, couple of new facelifted Nissan X-trail passed me on a high speed. Just after the toll plaza before the Ghats they have seen stopped in fron of a small tea stall. Then later soon after the Ghats four X-trails passed me, three of them white & one red. Some many times I've seen slowing, then suddenly speeding, etc. They were on test. Then just before reaching Kolhapur I saw them returning Mumbai side on through the opposite track.

Nice spotting there buddy

If someone is not so knowledgable about cars, he cant differentiate between the old and the new one easily

looks a much bigger car than the older xtrail!!
wonder if there's a better engine than the alreayd stonking 2.5 ctdi!

The new x-trail is based on the Nissan Qashqai platform - although it looks as if few visual changes have been made - there are extensive differences - including the console which has been shifted from the middle to the right hand side in front of the driver.

The new x-trail is much longer too and boot space goes up from aprox 400 ltrs to over 600 ltrs.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain Pings (Post 967883)
including the console which has been shifted from the middle to the right hand side in front of the driver.

Looks like they are back to their senses.
As for the looks, its quite unappealing IMO.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain Pings (Post 967883)
The new x-trail is based on the Nissan Qashqai platform - although it looks as if few visual changes have been made - there are extensive differences - including the console which has been shifted from the middle to the right hand side in front of the driver.

The new x-trail is much longer too and boot space goes up from aprox 400 ltrs to over 600 ltrs.

I believe that one of the points where xtrial failed was due to its smaller size for the price it offered in india. Indians needs huge vehicles if the price is above 15L. So thats for tackling indian mentality. Quantity over quality

Quote:

Originally Posted by hanmust (Post 967828)
I was on the third stage of my journey from Delhi to Calicut.

Wow.. you are driving from Delhi To Calicut? Thats one heavy road trip! Which car? How many cars / people with you? It would be helpful if you could post regarding the trip preparations you have done.
:OT

Still ugly as its predecessor IMO.

nice to see this,atleast its distinctly nissan. the one they showed in autobild magzine was just horrible .grills were similar to the future micra

Quote:

Originally Posted by AMATMO (Post 967996)
nice to see this,atleast its distinctly nissan. the one they showed in autobild magzine was just horrible .grills were similar to the future micra

Oh YA! I remember that one, looked as if the designer was piss drunk while designing the car and got confused between a "car"toon and a car.:uncontrol

Saw this one near my home long time back. I thought it was already launched so didnt post the pic earlier. THis one is red on colour. very sorry for the poor quality picture.

The Old X-trail looks so much better and - CLASSY

Dont you guys think?

Quote:

Originally Posted by aerohit (Post 968068)
The Old X-trail looks so much better and - CLASSY

Dont you guys think?

agree: me too think so.
this looks too ugly.

I think the new X-Trail is as horrible looking as the previous gen. Why does it have to look so fuzzy and complicated? Plus, the X-Trails pricing effectively kills any potential left over.

Lots of interesting pictures from your trip, eh? Thanks for sharing them Hanmust.

It has gotten uglier with every facelift. The first version when launched here was decent looking.