Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 17th August 2009, 20:01   #226
Senior - BHPian

1 year is not soon!!
i think this thread is going no where .
are there any concrete evidence that a diesel is on the cards.
Old 17th August 2009, 20:16   #227
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselFan View Post
Only 1.3L technology has been transferred so far. Fiat is delaying transfer of 1.6L technology to Maruti and hence my Rant.
Well, if FIAT is not bound by some agreement i see no reason for them to supply any 1.6 or 1.9 to Maruti. Maybe in some years when they bring the 1.6 (and FIAT is slow in bringing these) in Linea and made some money on it, they can think about licensing it to Maruti at a high margin and milking them on licensing fees. (the other reason would be if Linea fails)

Quote:
Yes Maruti has not had a backup plan which I am sure it is repenting now(Detailed in my earlier post).
and what would that be? develop a multijet themselves?
Old 17th August 2009, 20:26   #228
ashwinpak

Quote:
Fiat is not supplying engine but has licensed the technology to Maruti to manufacture the engine themselves. The technology was for 1.3L, 1.6L and 1.9L engines. only 1.3L technology has been transferred so far. Fiat is delaying transfer of 1.6L technology to Maruti and hence my Rant.
Too grave an accusation here. Can somebody confirm whether it is true? If it is a case of breach of licence, I wonder, what is preventing Maruti from taking the legal route.

Old 17th August 2009, 22:07   #229
Senior - BHPian

1) About diesel engines : In UK, Suzuki SX4 is available with 1.6 diesel. In UK again, Vitara is available with 1.9 diesel. I am not sure if these engines are supplied by Fiat in UK or not. But they are not coming in high state of tune in Suzuki cars.

2) About the license, the current SDE is being produced by Maruti under license. Suzuki did pay a huge amount for this. Fiat was slow in bringing the unit in palio and has payed price with interest. If Suzuki, after getting license, make a plant and start producing this engine, Fiat was damn slow then.

3) There is another thread started by Sidindica where he has mentioned that SX4 diesel was about to come with VVT engine ( M16A with VVT for emession, and this will be surely coming ) and a diesel. Earlier he mentioned a 1.6 D, but in another post later on he mentioned 1.9.
There are some issues otherwise Suzuki is super quick in bringing these diesels in its cars. 1.6/1.9D in SX4 = trouble for Linea and others.

4) I am again able to see that this thread is going in Fiat VS others thread.
Already a thread started by Sidindica about new engines in maruti cars is there :
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...-lineup-3.html

5) Something from Sidindica's thread :
Link to post : http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/1296025-post1.html
Quote:
SX4 DDIS expected in june 2010 with 1.6 DDIS engine with 110 bhp.
Link to post : http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/1305556-post42.html
Quote:
Confirmed Launch of 1.9 DDIS in a vehicle in Jan 2010.

I suggest that mods lock this topic before it goes down the line in Fiat VS others format.

Last edited by aaggoswami : 17th August 2009 at 22:09.
Old 5th January 2010, 08:35   #230
BHPian

VW diesel engine for SX4?

A news item in the Times of India this morning states:

1. Maruti is developing its own diesel engine for the SX4, but there is no time frame specified yet.

2. Maruti may also look at VW for a diesel engine for the SX4 since VW now has a 20% stake in Suzuki.

However, both statements seem rather tentative in the way they are quoted in the TOI.
Old 5th January 2010, 16:53   #231
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivprasad View Post
A news item in the Times of India this morning states:

1. Maruti is developing its own diesel engine for the SX4, but there is no time frame specified yet.

2. Maruti may also look at VW for a diesel engine for the SX4 since VW now has a 20% stake in Suzuki.

However, both statements seem rather tentative in the way they are quoted in the TOI.
yeah read the article too - doesnt look like we'll be seeing the SX4 diesel in 2010
Old 7th January 2010, 14:15   #232
BHPian

i read somewhere that sx4 diesel is now stated for 2012 launch as the maruti's manesar diesel plant doesnt have capacity .
Old 7th January 2010, 14:32   #233
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Fiat cannot supply enough engines owing to lack of capacity
if Suzuki has to develop their own Diesel engine then it will take ages - atleast 2 years more minimum
i somehow do not think they will re-activate the old peugeot alliance which gave them the TUD5 which was in the Esteem D and Zen D and which is now sitting in the Premier Rio!
since they have now part of the VW brotherhood, they should ideally tap into big brother VW's resources for Diesel tech and bring in some of their engines.
these things considered I would say that the SX4 Diesel and the SX4 Hatch 4x4 are still some distance away at the moment.

Last edited by shankar.balan : 7th January 2010 at 14:33.
Old 7th January 2010, 14:55   #234
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
Fiat cannot supply enough engines owing to lack of capacity
if Suzuki has to develop their own Diesel engine then it will take ages - atleast 2 years more minimum
i somehow do not think they will re-activate the old peugeot alliance which gave them the TUD5 which was in the Esteem D and Zen D and which is now sitting in the Premier Rio!
since they have now part of the VW brotherhood, they should ideally tap into big brother VW's resources for Diesel tech and bring in some of their engines.
these things considered I would say that the SX4 Diesel and the SX4 Hatch 4x4 are still some distance away at the moment.
when i asked the maruti executive is the hatch a 4x4 he said no sir,when i said it has a batch at the end ,he said its only a stylish badge.
Old 15th January 2010, 07:52   #235
BHPian

How about this ... SX4 diesel with 1.9 DDiS listed as an upcoming variant for 2010. Facelifts / Variants - Upcoming cars in 2010
Old 15th January 2010, 09:59   #236
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldsun View Post
How about this ... SX4 diesel with 1.9 DDiS listed as an upcoming variant for 2010. Facelifts / Variants - Upcoming cars in 2010
This site may not be giving accurate news. It states Fiat bravo to be under 7 Lacs and Polo to have 6 speed automatic transmission.

If the above statements are true then pigs will fly.
Old 16th January 2010, 14:56   #237
BHPian

Quote:
This site may not be giving accurate news. It states Fiat bravo to be under 7 Lacs and Polo to have 6 speed automatic transmission.

If the above statements are true then pigs will fly.
yes the msn seems to have got the wrong source for their information.bravo under 7 lakhs,who the hell is going to buy polo or jazz.
Old 16th January 2010, 17:14   #238
Senior - BHPian

ACI reported that new SX4 that currently in development stage can have diesel unit. But the chances of current SX4 getting diesel unit are not high.

Since the inception of the thread, this is the most accurate news we can talk about. The current generation SX4 is already too late to start off with a diesel unit. The new SX4 is expected in 2012, so its not much time left and there are no internet grapevines unlike Wagon R that is certain to get some change.

@mods : I request that we lock this topic. No news is coming about this from any concrete source. ACI has mentioned that the chances of current SX4 getting diesel are slim and next gen may have diesel unit.
Old 21st January 2010, 16:26   #239
BHPian

Spotted - SX4 VDi at Gurgaon

Guys I was not aware that the SX4 VDi has already been launched. But here are the pics I managed to take last evening on my way back home from work. The car registration number can be read pretty clearly

Surprisingly Maruti’s SX4 website mentions only the SX4 with a VVT engine. There is no mention of the diesel engine.

Sorry for the poor quality of the pics. My cell only had a VGA camera and the snaps were taken in bumper to bumper traffic near IFFCO Chowk in Gurgaon on 20th Jan.
Now my question is, has the SX4 MJD been launched already? If so, that’s great news!
Guys your inputs required, please!
Attached Thumbnails
SX4 Diesel - Is it on the cards? Update: Now launched-img0096a.jpg  

SX4 Diesel - Is it on the cards? Update: Now launched-img0097a.jpg  

SX4 Diesel - Is it on the cards? Update: Now launched-img0098a.jpg  

SX4 Diesel - Is it on the cards? Update: Now launched-img0099a.jpg  

SX4 Diesel - Is it on the cards? Update: Now launched-img0100a.jpg  

Last edited by abhi413 : 21st January 2010 at 16:34.
Old 21st January 2010, 16:29   #240
Senior - BHPian

This can be a Scoop if not a bad re-badging misleading act. Was this pic somewhere near the Maruti factory?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks