Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 9th September 2008, 17:06   #16
BHPian

I wonder what the likely pricing can be. If we say one lakh more than SX4 petrol , then the top end comes to around 9.7 L OTR in bangalore. A customer paying around 10 L would certainly look for good interiors & comfort as well. Verna Crdi , Ford Fiesta D, Lower version of Optra all will compete in this segment with SX4.
As we all know,the maruti brand normally sells easily in India. However, I do think the SX4 diesel will not necessarily be a runaway success and maruti needs to do a bit more work on the interiors as well the pricing front.
Old 9th September 2008, 19:25   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anujmishra View Post
By the way any idea how much liters it would be? It must be either 1.6 or 1.9. But chances are for 1.6 as they have 1.3 liter engine in Swift petrol & diesel. Keeping finger crossed.
It will be the same 1.3 DDiS engine as in the swift - but with a VGT and a different state of tune. The Fiat GP is also offered in both the versions in Europe.
Old 9th September 2008, 19:53   #18
Senior - BHPian

I just hope they start putting particulate filters in all these diesel cars so one can buy them with a `clean' conscience.
Old 9th September 2008, 20:09   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_budhiraj View Post
Sorry folks, not much of details as Moms were there to kill us discussing cars all time on dinner table.

As for engine, it is either 1.3 or 1.6 not 1.9 as it will be used in Vitara for future.

But I will try to crack as much more info I can

SLURP SLURP !!! So the Vitara will eventually come with a deisel That is the nicest news I have heard in a while . The BIG question is WHEN ???

Cheers
Old 9th September 2008, 20:52   #20
BHPian

Even if it launches anytime soon,the waiting period will really test the patients.

Good news,anyways
Old 9th September 2008, 23:58   #21
Senior - BHPian

Good news. Do you guys think they would offer the same engine in the swift ?
Would the vgt be a bolt on if the sx4 does come in with the 1.3 ddis ?
Old 10th September 2008, 00:31   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarScream View Post
I just hope they start putting particulate filters in all these diesel cars so one can buy them with a `clean' conscience.
Don't they already? I thought all diesels in India are sold with a particulate filter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit View Post
Why diesel SX4? The Linea MJD wouldn't be able to make a dent in the Petrol SX4 sales. It's unfortunate but true. This despite the fact that Linea will be bigger, longer , wider with better build quality, better suspension and better driving dynamics.

Of course, unlike the SX4, the Linea will also track straight instead of darting and dancing all over the road like the SX4!
Is that why the SX4 is being used in the WRC? Have you ever driven one?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sridharps View Post
I wonder what the likely pricing can be. If we say one lakh more than SX4 petrol , then the top end comes to around 9.7 L OTR in bangalore. A customer paying around 10 L would certainly look for good interiors & comfort as well. Verna Crdi , Ford Fiesta D, Lower version of Optra all will compete in this segment with SX4.
As we all know,the maruti brand normally sells easily in India. However, I do think the SX4 diesel will not necessarily be a runaway success and maruti needs to do a bit more work on the interiors as well the pricing front.
I think they will slash prices of the SX4 petrol versions anyway. The car's sales have really started to pick up. I'm noticing a lot of them on the road.
Old 10th September 2008, 00:43   #23
Senior - BHPian

are all the accent owners out there watching this thread???

if this rolls out of the factory its one possible replacement to the accent CRDi with much better handling than the verna!!!

i hope it does and i sincerely hope they dont do kanjoosi with that car, and limit it to VDi abs, as people would seriously consider the top model with alloys.

Maruthi are you listening? we want the Top variant on this car too.
Old 10th September 2008, 02:06   #24
BHPian

I really do not think that we will see a suzuki sx4 diesel anytime soon. Given the time that they are taking to deliver on the swift.

Secondly the pricing will need to be around 11 Lacs, as a fully loaded swift dezire costs arnd 8.5 lacs on the road., so at that price band, the competition is too high for the sx4 to make a mark...
Old 10th September 2008, 02:08   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by muralisk View Post
Am just curious here with so many diesel cars being launched. What happens to all these diesel cars and their current demand if government comes out with differential pricing for industrial users, railways, public transport - both passenger & goods, and individual cars. I personally, endorse that there should be differential pricing and it should not be subsided for industrial users and individual car owners.

Btw, this is my personal opinion and I feel that differential will ensure that there is no undue demand for diesel.
muralisk not everybody drives the diesel s for diesel being cheap !! i am sure many will vouch for this the lugging in 3rd gear in traffic and sudden cut in of the turbo and the turbo whistle there are many thing s that make you addictive to clean lean diesel s !!! As a matter of fact there are quite a few countries that have diesel priced on par with petrol and a few where it s expensive than petrol too !!! REgards
Old 10th September 2008, 09:47   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by an_and View Post
I really do not think that we will see a suzuki sx4 diesel anytime soon. Given the time that they are taking to deliver on the swift.

Secondly the pricing will need to be around 11 Lacs, as a fully loaded swift dezire costs arnd 8.5 lacs on the road., so at that price band, the competition is too high for the sx4 to make a mark...
Well its no pint discussing the price until we got more concrete info on the engine. If it was a 1.9 DDIS 10-10.5 lacs OTR would be acceptable. For a 1.3 MJD 90 BHP 50-75 k more than Petrol would be max. i would shell out. Anyways even i dont see SX4 DDIS in near future. Maybe they can delay Splash launch and bring in SX4 DDIS before.
Old 10th September 2008, 10:19   #27
BHPian

Fiat is willing to sell MJD engines fron Ranjangaon plant to Maruti. Why is Maruti Suzuki not willling to take it? I seem to remember that they are going to set up another powertrain plant to fill up the shortage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by m-hawk View Post
muralisk not everybody drives the diesel s for diesel being cheap !! i am sure many will vouch for this the lugging in 3rd gear in traffic and sudden cut in of the turbo and the turbo whistle there are many thing s that make you addictive to clean lean diesel s !!! As a matter of fact there are quite a few countries that have diesel priced on par with petrol and a few where it s expensive than petrol too !!! REgards
Exactly. I would also drive diesel even if it is more expensive than petrol. And a turbo charged petrol engine with similar torque as diesel counterpart will always be costlier than (or at least not less than) the diesel one. The additional extra mileage you get out of diesel is the bonus even if the turbo charged petrol engine is as cheap as diesel turbo charged engines.

But I also agree that many among the general mass would not opt for diesel engine if the price of diesel is high.

Last edited by aah78 : 14th September 2008 at 20:07. Reason: Posts merged.
Old 10th September 2008, 10:38   #28
GTO
Team-BHP Support

If this news is true, the timing could not have been better : A diesel SX4 will be the perfect answer to Honda's awesome new City.
Old 10th September 2008, 10:39   #29
Senior - BHPian

What I find hypocritical is that many of us were commenting that the the Linea with the 1.3L 90hp MJD would be underpowered but are hailing Maruti for giving us the SX4 with the same engine! Many of us even said that paying 10 lacs for a 1.3L engined car isn't justified but are willing to get in line and wait for months for a similarly sized and priced car from Maruti.
Old 10th September 2008, 11:11   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarScream View Post
The beauty of the Multi-jet engine is that it did not require a particulate filter to clear the Euro IV / Euro V emission norms, while many of its contemporaries did. Rest assured, even without the particulate filter, the Multijet engines clear the standards.

This is one of the reasons why the engine is so popular. It is lightweight, powerful and does not require an expensive particulate filter. In fact, so popular, that Fiat seems to be content to produce and sell just engines and forget about selling cars!
Closed Thread

Most Viewed