Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 23rd December 2010, 14:36   #331
Senior - BHPian

Re: SX4 Diesel - Is it on the cards ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by A350XWB View Post
Are we sure that the 1.3 engine will be the 90 Bhp version or will it be the same 75 Bhp avatar?
It should be the 90 bhp VGT variant of the 1.3 DDiS. 75 bhp engine in an SX4 just doesn't make sense.
Old 23rd December 2010, 14:49   #332
MAS
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by longhorn View Post
It should be the 90 bhp VGT variant of the 1.3 DDiS. 75 bhp engine in an SX4 just doesn't make sense.
+1

I am sure it is the 90 BHP 1.3 Litre MJD that will go into the SX4. Not sure how it would perform in an SX4. But the good thing is that we have a good car with a diesel heart.
Old 23rd December 2010, 15:06   #333
Senior - BHPian

+1 to 90 bhp
I would in fact prefer the hatchback version as seen in Europe. It will be a key
differentiator from the other sedans in this range. I dont think MSIL will do that though, looking at previous forays by some other companies that havent hit the sweet spot
Old 24th December 2010, 12:03   #334
BHPian

Well, it definitely appears to be the 90 BHP VGT version of our national engine- Even the 22nd Dec issue of Economic Times says so. Also, they are quoting the Maruti spokesperson that the assembly will commence at their Manesar plant after it re-opens on 3rd Jan.
Old 8th January 2011, 02:19   #335
BHPian

Looks like the diesel is all set to hit the showrooms soon. Just drove past one . This was a " ZD " version. Shot a pic, but did not come out too well
Attached Thumbnails
SX4 Diesel - Is it on the cards? Update: Now launched-08012011206.jpg  

Old 8th January 2011, 10:35   #336
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoranjit View Post
Looks like the diesel is all set to hit the showrooms soon. Just drove past one . This was a " ZD " version. Shot a pic, but did not come out too well
Great news !!!! ... I am waiting for this one for last 1 year. MSIL will surely dent sales of Vento, Linea, Verna, Fiesta, Manza, & Dzire itself. MSIL must launch it with 90 Horses ... That will be just perfect. Also they should improve some interiors like duel color. Balance car is perfect. Last but not least price it sensitively, may be 80 K more than petrol version will be great
Old 8th January 2011, 10:54   #337
Senior - BHPian

The service training for the diesel SX4 has not started yet.But the same is finished for the kizashi.So the earlier launch is definetly kizashi which could be in the first week of feb 2011.SX4 diesel would be maybe in another months time.

ram
Old 8th January 2011, 21:14   #338
Senior - BHPian

I saw on SX4 ZDI in Maruti Service masters Chennai. I did not notice it was diesel and commented if it is in Diesel it would be nice.In the mean time a Maruti Wagon R was following and that driver told the one in the front is Diesel.Then only I noticed the model ZDI.The dash looked good with Ac control fan speed,the blow level are like a tuning dial.There is a screen to show time and the temperature.The seats looked good. Two Wagon R one was duo and one SX $ came from Cars Chennai to MSM and there was a talk that these might have been sent for the training in the MASS.
Old 8th January 2011, 21:43   #339
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram_hyundai View Post
The service training for the diesel SX4 has not started yet.But the same is finished for the kizashi.So the earlier launch is definetly kizashi which could be in the first week of feb 2011.SX4 diesel would be maybe in another months time.

ram
dude kizashi is a whole new car whereas sx4 is not. only the components that make a diesel car would be different from the petrol sx4. so only specific knowledge would required vis a vis diesel components. and that shouldn't take much time. i agree that the training is required but not to the extent of kizashi. though I have stopped really bothering about how these car companies think. what they do and why they do it is really beyond me and people in general. I believe that now they have started assembling diesel sx4 then they shouldn't really make people wait. as all the people who have commented in this tread really care.

Last edited by psbali : 8th January 2011 at 21:45. Reason: Extra dots
Old 8th January 2011, 23:26   #340
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by psbali View Post
dude kizashi is a whole new car whereas sx4 is not. only the components that make a diesel car would be different from the petrol sx4. so only specific knowledge would required vis a vis diesel components. and that shouldn't take much time. i agree that the training is required but not to the extent of kizashi. though I have stopped really bothering about how these car companies think. what they do and why they do it is really beyond me and people in general. I believe that now they have started assembling diesel sx4 then they shouldn't really make people wait. as all the people who have commented in this tread really care.
psbali: With all due respect, ram_hyundai works for a Maruti dealership, and hence he would know.

However, i agree with your views. Only small training sessions would be needed as the car and engine are already known to service people. Kizashi, on the other hand- is an all new car + they really cant afford mistakes in service with it being the flagship model for MSIL.
Old 8th January 2011, 23:53   #341
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram_hyundai View Post

ram
Definitely great news ! Would love to see all these launches soon. I am sure Maruti will tweak the D engine to make it a fun-to-drive car! They just cant go wrong with this.
Old 9th January 2011, 00:00   #342
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
psbali: With all due respect, ram_hyundai works for a Maruti dealership, and hence he would know.

However, i agree with your views. Only small training sessions would be needed as the car and engine are already known to service people. Kizashi, on the other hand- is an all new car + they really cant afford mistakes in service with it being the flagship model for MSIL.
Well I just expressed my views and nothing against anything. It is for sure that there are people more knowledgeable than me when it comes to automobiles. But these companies have become really secretive. My dad's friend who owns a maruti dealership got to know from me that "Maruit's Managing Executive Officer (Production) M M Singh" has released a statement that they will start assembling sx4 diesel from 3rd Jan onwards..

Dad's friend even said that they'll inform us about these additions on the day they roll things out.. Till maruti's press release about kizashi they didn't even let their dealers know about the actual dates. Same I guess will be in SX4's case.. Though they really don't need to wait to release SX4 diesel. They should really launch it soon. As it has been a really long wait anyway. We have held back our SX4 replacement for a long time already.

and yeah sorry mods for the massive OT.
Old 9th January 2011, 01:06   #343
Senior - BHPian

I agree, it is weird how the car manufacturers keep things so secretive and then end up spending millions on advertising. Would it not make more sense to create a buzz by just announcing launch dates? It would help keep prospective customers interested, who would otherwise go in for a competiting model
Old 9th January 2011, 10:54   #344
Max
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by selfdrive View Post
I agree, it is weird how the car manufacturers keep things so secretive and then end up spending millions on advertising. Would it not make more sense to create a buzz by just announcing launch dates? It would help keep prospective customers interested, who would otherwise go in for a competiting model
they don't leak information in order to clear current stocks. If they will tell every one new model is coming very few people will buy current model and they will be stuck with inventory or they will have to give lots of discounts.
Old 9th January 2011, 12:30   #345
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max View Post
they don't leak information in order to clear current stocks. If they will tell every one new model is coming very few people will buy current model and they will be stuck with inventory or they will have to give lots of discounts.
In this case, should they not regulate production based on demand when they know of an upcoming launch?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks