Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 18th January 2011, 14:47   #361
BHPian

Re: SX4 Diesel - Is it on the cards ?

well, i really doubt if this is true or not but news on zigwheels suggest it to be a feb end launch .

Url Below

Maruti Suzuki SX4 to go diesel!

Engine is Same 1.3 DDIS
Quote:
The SX4 will sport the tried and tested 1.3-litre DDiS engine which does duty on the Swift, Ritz and Swift DZire. The diesel option may not be available in the absolute base version of the current SX4, so we’re pinning a price of around Rs 8.5 lakh for the most inexpensive version, and around Rs 9.5 lakh ex-showroom for the fully-loaded diesel SX4.

That will put the car bang in the territory of the Fiat Linea MultiJet, Ford Fiesta TDCi, Hyundai Verna Transform and the Volkswagen Vento TDI. The SX4 has not seen the sort of arms-wide-open welcome that most hatchbacks from Maruti Suzuki have seen, which has meant that it still trails the Honda City in the C-segment sedan market. It remains to be seen if – equipped with both the diesel option and the Maruti brandname – the SX4 can bring some sheen in this space for its makers.
Old 18th January 2011, 15:06   #362
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranc View Post
Integrated Blinkers have always been there on SX 4 for a while, I think the first year models (ie whenever it was introduced, may be 2006-7) didnt have them but after that it has always been there.
SX4 never had integrated blinkers in ORVMs till date! Please check before you say something here.

Last edited by GTO : 18th January 2011 at 17:24. Reason: Lets be polite here & maintain an atmosphere of harmony. Removing the offensive comment
Old 19th January 2011, 11:54   #363
Senior - BHPian

I kinda feel that SX4 is past its due date. Heart transplants may give it a little sales boost but wondering if its really going to be enough now.
Old 19th January 2011, 20:42   #364
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolFire View Post

I would rather prefer companies manufacturing enough numbers before the actual launch and dont let people wait after booking.
I think Ford India did the perfect orchestra for launching figo.. stocked enough.. kudos to their marketing and production and prediction team..
Old 19th January 2011, 23:10   #365
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by .sushilkumar View Post
well, i really doubt if this is true or not but news on zigwheels suggest it to be a feb end launch .

Url Below

Maruti Suzuki SX4 to go diesel!

Engine is Same 1.3 DDIS
At 9.5 lakhs, I would pay 50K more and go for Vento eyes closed! better brand, comfort, quality, status, power and what not ! Maruti just doesnt make a cut with that kinda pricing against VW !
Old 19th January 2011, 23:10   #366
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilesh5417 View Post
I kinda feel that SX4 is past its due date. Heart transplants may give it a little sales boost but wondering if its really going to be enough now.
I half agree with you - especially with all the new launches, Maruti needs to seriously consider going in for a redesign. perhaps the SX4 cycle does need a push. All said and done, it is a decent VFM car, and the diesel launch will certainly have some takers (me included!)
Old 20th January 2011, 11:50   #367
BHPian

Yes, there could be a lot of takers for the model, not just because its a Maruti. SX4 design is suited for the horrible roads we have and could go anywhere most softroaders can.

A safe prediction would be a sale of around 1000-1500 units a month for the diesel model alone with total around 2000.

Last edited by CoolFire : 20th January 2011 at 11:55.
Old 20th January 2011, 12:08   #368
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
At 9.5 lakhs, I would pay 50K more and go for Vento eyes closed! better brand, comfort, quality, status, power and what not ! Maruti just doesnt make a cut with that kinda pricing against VW !
So what could be said about the showroom service, after sales service,maintenance cost,service cost and service network?
Old 20th January 2011, 12:41   #369
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolFire View Post
Yes, there could be a lot of takers for the model, not just because its a Maruti. SX4 design is suited for the horrible roads we have and could go anywhere most softroaders can.

A safe prediction would be a sale of around 1000-1500 units a month for the diesel model alone with total around 2000.
Would it be?

Pricing had allways been a major key for success.

why would someone spend close to 10L on 1.3 Diesel heart?

Would probably settle with Dzire (if pricing, A.S.S, n/w, resale is considered).

If it's true to have a 1.3, I pitty SX4 diesel.
Old 20th January 2011, 12:53   #370
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DicKy View Post
So what could be said about the showroom service, after sales service,maintenance cost,service cost and service network?
If you meant this about VW, costs are higher and service is not any better than Maruti. For some reason, the word that I could think of in my brief experience with VW was complacency. There is no effort, all the onus is on the customer to do something.
Old 20th January 2011, 14:12   #371
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DicKy View Post
Out of this what holds good in favor of Maruti is only service network and service cost.

I had to wait for 4 months for my swift VDi and a 6 months for a Vento is not so different, is it?

I take my swift only for regular services and thankfully no niggling issues except for rattles - I expect the same to happen with Vento, have not come across any major issues so far. You could point me to any if in case I missed. Good to know about reliability before putting down that much cash.

So the deal boils down to cost alone assuming Vento also will be a trouble free car. Yes, If I need that premium feel, I will need to pay that extra bucks - no one can help it, can it be?

Do we have any "premium" car which has low service cost?

Having said these, I like the tall stance of SX4 and if they bring better interiors / build quality at that price, definitely they can expect booming sales. Needless to say it should be fun-to-drive as well.
Old 20th January 2011, 14:31   #372
Senior - BHPian

a 75 bhp swift engine? not even 90bhp like ones on the linea or manza?

if its SX4 the engine should be 90bhp default and not 75 like ones on dezire.

75bhp for 9.5 lacs is waste on money.
Old 20th January 2011, 15:44   #373
Senior - BHPian

75 BHP on such a huge car would be a shame. 90 BHP should be the minimum else it would be
Old 20th January 2011, 17:01   #374
BHPian

I think all these power vs price arguments doesnt hold good in India.

People see brand and buy - I am positive this will be runaway success.

I never thought I'd see ANY Diesel Altis on Road with 15 Lakh car powered by a 1.4L 89 BHP Heart. I just see them everywhere now. I think FE and peace of mind ride high in the hearts of Indians.

Even if it is slower than a swift, this would sell. Period.
Old 20th January 2011, 17:17   #375
Senior - BHPian

Guys, I feel it would be the 90 PS version and not the 75 BHP one. I do not have any data to support this, but I think Maruti knows the Indian market well and would not leave any stone unturned.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks