Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 26th January 2011, 15:09   #421
Senior - BHPian

Re: SX4 Diesel - Is it on the cards ?

Rs.10,000 higher than the current Petrol variant is too good to be true - so I checked, and yes, it is not true!! Autocar India has corrected the article which now reads:

Quote:
According to company sources, the diesel SX4 could undercut the Vento by around Rs 1 lakh. Hence, expect the diesel SX4 to cost around Rs 70,000 more than the existing petrol version.
Old 26th January 2011, 15:31   #422
MAS
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by psbali View Post
guys.. My Uncle who owns a maruti showroom got a call from the company asking him to make payment for SX4 diesel demo vehicle.
Wow... this is good news. It would be very nice if you could ask your uncle how much has Maruti asked him to pay for the demo car.

We could get an idea of the pricing from that.
Old 26th January 2011, 15:53   #423
BHPian

yep i would get back on that asap.. usually the demo cars are sold to dealers at 20% discount.. i would confirm with him about it soon..
Old 26th January 2011, 15:54   #424
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by selfdrive View Post
I agree the TDs wont be difficult, but if it goes any direction like the Swift then the delivery timelines will run into months, right?
If the deliveries run into months, am sure t-bhpians [at least Maharashtrians] will know how to get a priority delivery now !! [Read the below line if you didn't get the point still ]
Quote:
guys.. My Uncle who owns a maruti showroom
Quote:
Originally Posted by ph03n!x View Post
Rs.10,000 higher than the current Petrol variant is too good to be true - so I checked, and yes, it is not true!! Autocar India has corrected the article which now reads:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAS View Post
According to company sources, the diesel SX4 could undercut the Vento by around Rs 1 lakh. Hence, expect the diesel SX4 to cost around Rs 70,000 more than the existing petrol version.
Hmmm.. rates slightly above my guess. Anyway lets wait for the final pricing. Hope they are going to provide a fully loaded car for that price.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAS View Post
Wow... this is good news. It would be very nice if you could ask your uncle how much has Maruti asked him to pay for the demo car.

We could get an idea of the pricing from that.
Good point. And i never knew the dealers have to pay for the demo car !!

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 26th January 2011 at 15:55.
Old 26th January 2011, 16:18   #425
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Good point. And i never knew the dealers have to pay for the demo car !!
I never knew that either. this probably explains why some of the dealers try to provide a booked or sold one as a demo car.
Old 26th January 2011, 16:29   #426
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
There is a 50K discount on the SX4. Why is it not available in Chennai? Or is it for the manual version ?
@SnF: Yes there is a cash discount of 25k and a corporate discount of 5k if your company is there in their list (which in my case is yes). But unless you exchange a car, you don't get the exchange bonus of 20k. So for a buyer who's not trading in a car, like me, max I can get is about 30k. One showroom did offer a 2010 light blue SX4 A/T model, for an additional 15k discount since they had stock of that one vehicle. Ironically, it was exactly the model and colour we wanted. But we didn't wanna take a hasty decision.

Quote:
guys.. My Uncle who owns a maruti showroom got a call from the company asking him to make payment for SX4 diesel demo vehicle.
Now that's some super news! Guess the SX4 diesel will pretty much be launched in Feb then. I just want to wait and see if they launch the facelifted SX4 along with the diesel. If so, the petrol versions will also be facelifted which would make it better (if there are any feature additions on the inside).

Sid, any idea on the facelift for the SX4? Will the SX4 diesel be a facelifted one?
Old 26th January 2011, 16:35   #427
BHPian

Asked my uncle and he said that the company has informed him that they will deduct the cost of the car from balance that is maintained with the company. And he says that they will just one day deduct that amount and they will most probably do that just few days before the car is launched.. Ill keep everyone updated and will keep bugging my uncle.. till then his guess is as good as ours :P

And @ selfdrive and swiftnfurious.. demo cars are indeed sold at a discount of around 20% to the dealers. My uncle for that reason is dreading the launch of kizashi as he'll have to get a demo car and maintain few of them in his inventory.

But pretty neat on company's part.. I really wonder the need for so much secrecy.. But I guess they really know what they are doing.. Just look at the anticipation that is building up..

Last edited by psbali : 26th January 2011 at 16:42. Reason: Addition.
Old 26th January 2011, 16:53   #428
Team-BHP Support

Just read the Verna thread that suggests new Verna is coming with a monster 128ps diesel engine! Hopefully, they have sorted the handling this time around!

If true, it can eat 1.3 90bhp for breakfast, lunch and dinner! Linea and SX4 better watch out!
Old 26th January 2011, 17:39   #429
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Just read the Verna thread that suggests new Verna is coming with a monster 128ps diesel engine! Hopefully, they have sorted the handling this time around!

If true, it can eat 1.3 90bhp for breakfast, lunch and dinner! Linea and SX4 better watch out!
well more the power the better.. but it wont be competitively prices as compared to SX4.. here we are talking about how SX4 is going to undercut Vento. So IMHO if SX4 diesel is really very competitively priced then it will be a sure shot hit. I am sure that Maruti Suzuki is going to work its magic on the VGT this time like how it did with DDIS.. For more performance people will always have vento and cruze.. As having 128 ps will be really expensive and that would make the new diesel verna the i20 of this segment.

Last edited by psbali : 26th January 2011 at 17:48. Reason: addition
Old 27th January 2011, 11:09   #430
Senior - BHPian

Like the Pirelli tag line - Power is nothing without control. 128 bhp Verna will only result in a lot of smashed up Vernas if the current Verna's handling is anything to go by. The chassis just is not capable of handling all that power. Guess the chassis design is what seperates the men from the boys. (No hard feelings intended to Verna owners)

Last edited by longhorn : 27th January 2011 at 11:11.
Old 27th January 2011, 18:06   #431
Senior - BHPian

SX4 diesel won't get any facelift, it will come in ZD and ZDI models. I am still keeping my fingers crossed about my range of pricing estimates which I posted in the previous page. SX4 will play the "value" game in the upper C diesel sedan segment.
The verna and fiesta, both coming with the 1.6 diesel motors, wont make it easy for SX4. but will the ndian public go for "cheap priced" SX4 or will they pay a premium for performance and finesse? Only time will tell but ooh la la..I can't wait to see this battle for diesel supremacy. And Come on Fiat! Get that 1.6 MJD quick, will ya?
Old 27th January 2011, 20:58   #432
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ph03n!x View Post
70000 more than ZXi will put the ZDi at 8.4L ex-showroom delhi! Sounds like good value!
Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post
And Come on Fiat! Get that 1.6 MJD quick, will ya?
Seriously! They really need it, and quick. The segment is moving up, and fast! Vento, new fiesta and new Verna all got powerful mills under the hood! With all these launched, i cant imagine what will happen to Linea (and SX4 to an extent protected by the Maruti brand name)
Old 27th January 2011, 22:52   #433
BHPian

Oh Sid! No facelift? That's sad. Was really looking forward to it. Especially after seeing the facelifted SX4 in China. The SX4s in the US and Aussie markets look superb inside and out. Both front seats have built-in side-mounted arm rests like the one for the driver's seat in the current Verna. There are other changes to the dash, addition of trip computer, GPS Nav unit etc.

Thought they would give the car a facelift coinciding with the diesel launch. Would have been really good. After all, externally the car hasn't changed apart from the new alloy design and the honeycomb grille. And of course, the 2 tone beige interiors.

Sigh ... guess I'd have to wait till 2nd week of April to check out the new Verna and then take a decision.
Old 28th January 2011, 01:25   #434
MAS
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Asked my uncle and he said that the company has informed him that they will deduct the cost of the car from balance that is maintained with the company. And he says that they will just one day deduct that amount and they will most probably do that just few days before the car is launched.. Ill keep everyone updated and will keep bugging my uncle.. till then his guess is as good as ours :P

And @ selfdrive and swiftnfurious.. demo cars are indeed sold at a discount of around 20% to the dealers. My uncle for that reason is dreading the launch of kizashi as he'll have to get a demo car and maintain few of them in his inventory.

But pretty neat on company's part.. I really wonder the need for so much secrecy.. But I guess they really know what they are doing.. Just look at the anticipation that is building up..
Thank you for the efforts. MS knows how to keep the prices a secret. As SX4 has gone the Altis D-4D route of putting a small motor into a bigger car, I hope they come up with a 6 speed gear box. This is called wishful thinking :-)
Old 28th January 2011, 07:55   #435
BHPian

If the European SX4 comes with a 1.9 engine, they could have at least given it as an option. Though a die-hard Maruti Loyalist, I prefer a Ford or Fiat Diesel Car to Maruti. Let the competition decide the winner before I decide on the next ride, and would not mind a Verna or Vento. Vento has been my favourite, but I understand that the waiting period is long.

Not sure why they want to consider the Indian Market to be inferior, even in this segment, Or would they launch the Kizashi Diesel with a 1.9 in India (if and when they plan to have a diesel option after the launch)!!
Closed Thread

Most Viewed