Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 6th February 2011, 15:16   #481
BHPian

Re: SX4 Diesel - Is it on the cards ?

Hii all, just came back after droping my car for service at a maruti workshop at Mohali and what do i see standing there is an SX4 with Demo written all over it, at first i dint pay any attention to it as i thought that its just an Sx4 but then i suddenly realised that it has got Sx4 DIESEL written all over it .... yes it was a demo vehicle which had just reached the dealership and all the sales guys were standing around it and looking under its bonnet, i quickly went near it and asked the guys if they had any information about the engine but they said that it had just reached and they dint have any training on the car and dont know about the engine specs, but the plastic engine cover said it was a DDIS and it even had a moniker on its boot which said it was a DDIS.
Old 6th February 2011, 15:21   #482
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gill22g View Post
Hii all, just came back after droping my car for service at a maruti workshop at Mohali and what do i see standing there is an SX4 with Demo written all over it, at first i dint pay any attention to it as i thought that its just an Sx4 but then i suddenly realised that it has got Sx4 DIESEL written all over it .... yes it was a demo vehicle which had just reached the dealership and all the sales guys were standing around it and looking under its bonnet, i quickly went near it and asked the guys if they had any information about the engine but they said that it had just reached and they dint have any training on the car and dont know about the engine specs, but the plastic engine cover said it was a DDIS and it even had a moniker on its boot which said it was a DDIS.
wow so its finally coming and coming soon then.Mostly speculations seems like same 1.3L multijet engine with 90bhp power plant like we have on manza and linea.Any pictures Gill
Old 6th February 2011, 15:34   #483
MAS
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gill22g View Post
That is positive news. Any pics Gill?
Old 6th February 2011, 15:37   #484
BHPian

Sorry mates, no pictures
Old 6th February 2011, 16:22   #485
Senior - BHPian

A fellow BHPian from has paid a token advance for the SX4 Diesel. Will keep you guys posted (if not me, then he will )
Old 6th February 2011, 17:12   #486
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ph03n!x View Post
A fellow BHPian from has paid a token advance for the SX4 Diesel. Will keep you guys posted (if not me, then he will )
This is cool news ! So any likely dates of delivery they have mentioned ?
Old 6th February 2011, 17:53   #487
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ph03n!x View Post
Oh yeah, I'd agree. Its seems he "has" paid advance because its a MARUTI...BTW, Am still curious whether it makes sense to plonk the 1.3 DDIS to the SX4. That engine will be underpowered in that car!

Cheers
Old 6th February 2011, 18:00   #488
Distinguished - BHPian

The booking is open here in Bangalore also last week itself, but strangely dealers saying they not sure of the launch date though
Old 6th February 2011, 18:14   #489
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by headers View Post
Oh yeah, I'd agree. Its seems he "has" paid advance because its a MARUTI...BTW, Am still curious whether it makes sense to plonk the 1.3 DDIS to the SX4. That engine will be underpowered in that car!

Cheers
Why not? The Linea and the Manza are doing quite well with the same VGT 1.3 DDIS.
Old 6th February 2011, 23:45   #490
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by headers View Post

Cheers
For some, it is not the power but the package. Our man already drives a 4SX, and he is getting "more torque"

But then, I don't see a better option, especially for our buddy. I will not recommend him anything else, and I guess he did what is the best for him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
This is cool news ! So any likely dates of delivery they have mentioned ?
Not that I heard. It just puts you on the top of the queue. I am thinking anywhere between 4 - 6 weeks once it gets launched. Lets hope he gets it sooner!

Last edited by ph03n!x : 6th February 2011 at 23:47.
Old 7th February 2011, 00:20   #491
BHPian

Most of the dealers have received the cars at their warehouses. The only difference between The Diesel & the Petrol SX4 is the engine Detailed specs awaited. Will try to attach few photographs.

Last edited by kiren : 7th February 2011 at 00:21.
Old 7th February 2011, 07:18   #492
BHPian

I could not find any difference between a ZDI & ZXI. Price difference and launch date is not known but dealers have started taking bookings.
Attached Thumbnails
SX4 Diesel - Is it on the cards? Update: Now launched-zdi01.jpeg  

SX4 Diesel - Is it on the cards? Update: Now launched-zdi.jpg  

Old 7th February 2011, 08:41   #493
Senior - BHPian

1.3 mjd on a SX4 will make it an anaemic also ran in performance terms which struggles for breath a certain RPMs like the Indigo Manza qjd. The 1.3 mjd is an economy series diesel for very basic hatch-backs and ultra-light vehicles.
Old 7th February 2011, 12:55   #494
BHPian

This is something Maruti should have done at much earlier. 90BHP is OK in a Diesel car. The Diesel Fiesta and to some extent the Linea sold and still sells well despite being lower in power than Vento and Verna. The Corolla Diesel likewise sell in good numbers despite the Cruze.

In the SX4, good ground clearance, a proven engine offering satisfactory blend of adequate performance and superior economy, and the assurance of the Maruti brand might just prove to be right mix for another great sales success. Hope Maruti prices it well too, since the product is in the latter half of the life cycle and the engine itself has sold in good numbers perhaps past break- even figures. I am surely a prospective customer if the price is right.
Old 7th February 2011, 13:05   #495
Senior - BHPian

I'm slightly apprehensive about Maruti's pricing strategy here. If they price the diesel at about 80k-1 lakh premium over the petrol version, then it may not do very well as then pricing would be more than 10.5 lakhs! I honestly dont think that the car's interiors have anything worth so as to command a 10 lakh tag! Price it as close to the fiesta as possible { may even at par} and you will see it do well. Or else it may just do 1-2 k every month like the Linea.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed