Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 13th September 2008, 03:14   #46
Senior - BHPian

The funny part is, we all have owned Fiats in our past. And we speak from experience, when we 'Fiat-bash', in the words of others.

Amit, didn't you buy an SX4?
Old 13th September 2008, 07:10   #47
rippergeo

Quote:
Originally Posted by sridharps View Post
Opendro, thanks. I am as much a Fiat enthusiast and am eagerly awaiting the launch of Linea. As you say, if it satisfies the 2 parameters, I would definitely buy it over a SX4 diesel.
I'm sure fiat will get its pricing right, and the cars will be built well, but I'm not going back to FIAT. once bitten twice shy

Old 13th September 2008, 10:03   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rippergeo View Post
I'm sure fiat will get its pricing right, and the cars will be built well, but I'm not going back to FIAT. once bitten twice shy
It would be nice to hear your experiences with Fiat(Palio?), so it would be great if you can share them. Have you already posted a thread on this?
Anyway, I guess I am going OT , so I will stop here.

Btw, has there ever been any official communication from Maruti on the possibility of a SX4 diesel? I couldn't find it. It would be great if someone can share it.
Old 13th September 2008, 10:22   #49
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r View Post
The funny part is, we all have owned Fiats in our past. And we speak from experience, when we 'Fiat-bash', in the words of others.

Amit, didn't you buy an SX4?
Yes I did buy an SX4. I bought it because the Linea wasn't avaliable, the Fiesta and Verna CRdi didn't have ABS and twin airbags and the NHC was a downgrade (100bhp Palio to 77bhp NHC) and was, till then, the ugliest car on Indian roads. The reason why I bought the SX4 is put down on my SX4 thread.

Since we are all talking from personal expereince and not from the numerous Swift/SX4 problem threads, my expereince has been totally opposite of yours. My Palio has been ultra reliable while the SX4 is plagued with niggling problems. The SX4 has gone to the dealer for niggling problems more times in the last one year then my Palio has had to go in 5 years. Come to think about it, apart from moisture condensation in the ride side headlight and faulty tripmeter, my Palio didn't have any problems when it was new.

As for difficult to source Fiat spares, my Maruti dealer placed the order for the new engine mountings and axles on July 7 and till September 3, he said he hasn't recieved spares yet from Maruti and that he expects to recieve the parts within the next week. Of course, the 'within next week' theory has been on since July now, so I am going to take the vehicle to another dealer which in itself is a challenge because every MUL dealer's response to any customer problem is 'this is normal and all cars, not just Maruti, are like this.' It's high time Maruti's dealers realise that they are no longer dealing with first time car buyers that they can fool by such crap.

If, based on your personal expereince, Maruti is more reliable then Fiat then in the same way, based on my personal expereince, Fiat is way more reliable then Maruti.

If, based on our personal expereince, you say that people are paying for assured quality in favour of Maruti then based on my personal expereince, I can say the same to you in favour of Fiat.

As for 'Fiat bashing', don't worry, I have been accused of 'SX4 bashing' and 'Maruti bashing' too. I have also been accused of 'thinking that Palio is best car in the world.' How come those people don't end up reading (or do they choose to ignore?) my thread, where Fiat was critised for their goof up's in not making S10 specific muffler avaliable is something I haven't understood till now.

Is it my fault that apart from the muffler, I haven't had any problems sourcing Fiat spares?

Last edited by amit : 13th September 2008 at 10:29.
Old 13th September 2008, 12:29   #50
rippergeo

Quote:
Originally Posted by sridharps View Post
It would be nice to hear your experiences with Fiat(Palio?), so it would be great if you can share them. Have you already posted a thread on this?
Anyway, I guess I am going OT , so I will stop here.
No thanks!
Even a single post about Fiat's after sales gets me slammed. what about a whole thread?

SX4 diesel being launched was the thread's initial intention, it degenerated quickly into a fiat is best/fiat is worst shouting match. it seems to happen in every thread that is about a car that shares the category with an existing fiat product or a rumoured one.

Old 13th September 2008, 18:17   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rippergeo View Post
No thanks!
Even a single post about Fiat's after sales gets me slammed. what about a whole thread?

SX4 diesel being launched was the thread's initial intention, it degenerated quickly into a fiat is best/fiat is worst shouting match. it seems to happen in every thread that is about a car that shares the category with an existing fiat product or a rumoured one.

Yeah I really dont understand why there has to be a catfight always between Maruti and Fiat . Both have their pros and cons in some way or the other . Anyways getting back to the topic , SX4 D with a 1.3l MJD + VGT , sounds good but I have an inkling feeling that it may be more than a year before we see the car on the roads .

Ps: I just wanted to write something so that we get back to the original topic
Old 14th September 2008, 10:41   #52
Senior - BHPian

Well, the launch of the 3rd gen Honda city is likely to affect the SX4 sales. One way to take he battle to the Honda camp, is to launch the Diesel SX4. However, before that happens, MSIL need to sort out the problems related to the long delivery schedules of the Swift and Dzire diesel.
Old 14th September 2008, 11:10   #53
BHPian

There You Go

well, the more i read about this thread ,i realize that it is more of a wishful thinking than anything else!how the MARUTI is programmed in our systems and how much ever we crib about the the so called plastic quality and cost cutting tactics of maruti; ....
As they say you love it ,you hate it .but you can not ignore A MARUTI!
I'm not complaining ,i own a SX4!!
Old 14th September 2008, 18:50   #54
BHPian

So, 4 pages so far over rumours that has no hint of truth.
Old 15th September 2008, 10:29   #55
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by opendro View Post
So, 4 pages so far over rumours that has no hint of truth.
There is no official info on SX4 diesel form MSIL. But seeing SX4 sales sliding they might think of launching it before time. But frankly speaking i dont see this car on our roads atleast for another 1 year.
Old 15th September 2008, 12:49   #56
Senior - BHPian

Although there is no solid backup regarding the existence of a SX4 diesel project, I think there is a very high possibility.

The way Maruti has adapted its model range recently as per market demands eg. bringing out Lpg/Cng variants and of course the Swift Dzire variant, diesel options etc; I wont be suprised on seeing the SX4 Diesel. What better foil against the new City, considering the price premium the Honda will have over the present SX4, Maruti can provide a diesel option at the same price of a City!!

I know all this is wishful thinking but this MJD engine is the trump card in Marutis plans and has been a huge sucess for them so far. Once they get the MJD supplies up it will definitely spin of more diesel variants.
A Diesel Versa anyone??
Old 21st September 2008, 08:29   #57
Senior - BHPian

Yesterday i visited a showroom,my mech told that they will be releasing by year end.Hope they may get-in 1.5 ltr DDiS eng.so that can compete with existing verna & fiesta.What say guys?
Old 21st September 2008, 12:22   #58
Senior - BHPian

Ramsagar, did your mechanic undergo any training in preparation for the launch of the Diesel engined Sx4. In case not, you can take this information with a pinch of salt. The dealership mechanics and sales men are not the most reliable people in such matters.
Old 21st September 2008, 13:06   #59
BHPian

It seems that there is a face-lift planned for SX4 soon? It seems there is one recently done for the Chinese market. Indian Autos blog Exciting- SX4 hatch gets refreshed in China

BH.
Old 21st September 2008, 13:21   #60
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurningHeart View Post
It seems that there is a face-lift planned for SX4 soon? It seems there is one recently done for the Chinese market. Indian Autos blog Exciting- SX4 hatch gets refreshed in China

BH.
They probably HAD to do a facelift in China, after the car was copied by one of the chinese manufacturers.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed