Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 24th January 2011, 16:17   #406
Senior - BHPian

Re: SX4 Diesel - Is it on the cards ?

I think that the date sid mentioned is correct as ACI reports that the SX4 diesel launch is in second half of Feb 2011.

Here is the ACI article.

Source : http://www.autocarindia.com/news/sco...sel-coming-feb

Article :

Quote:
Maruti will finally launch the diesel version of the Suzuki SX4 in the second half February.

The mid-size saloon will use the same Fiat-sourced 90bhp, 1.3 Multi-jet diesel, that powers the Linea and Indigo Manza. However, according to Maruti sources, the SX4 diesel which is estimated to be around 70kg lighter will offer better performance and economy than its rivals.

While the SX4 hatchback in Europe uses Fiat’s 1.9 diesel engines, for India, the 1.3 Multi-jet was considered a more practical choice as it is essentially the same base engine as the one in the Swift and Dzire but with a Variable Geometry Turbo (VGT).

With growing competition from diesel mid-sizers, especially VW Vento, the SX4 which only has a petrol option was under threat. According to company sources, the diesel SX4 could undercut the Vento by around Rs 1 lakh. Hence expect the diesel SX4 to cost around Rs 6.99 lakh or just Rs 10,000 more than the existing petrol version.
This would be shocking if they price the car at the above mentioned price. Real shock. Could hit etios a bit IMO and also Dzire/Manza in a very small way.

Last edited by aaggoswami : 24th January 2011 at 16:24. Reason: 1) Forgot full stop. 2) To highlight a few points.
Old 24th January 2011, 16:22   #407
Senior - BHPian

Yup, I got confused with the launch date of the Kizashi. My bad.They need to do something about that sx4ish grille on the Kizashi.
Edit:- Just 10k above SX4 petrol prices is a remote possibility. I don't see that happening.

Last edited by longhorn : 24th January 2011 at 16:25.
Old 24th January 2011, 16:26   #408
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaggoswami View Post
This would be shocking if they price the car at the above mentioned price. Real shock. Could hit etios a bit IMO and also Dzire/Manza in a very small way.
The pricing would be nothing short of a shocker (albeit pleasant!)
Would this mean that the prices of the petrol version will also be reviewed? One would rather buy a diesel for an extra 10K, though its difficult to believe that Maruti would keep such a low premium on the diesel.
Old 24th January 2011, 16:35   #409
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

if it is true that they intend plugging in the 1.3 MJD into the SX4 diesel would the performance not be compromised a bit when compared to their own stable? given that the same engine powers the much lighter Swift Diesel and Swift DZire Diesel?

However, if this is indeed true, then it could very well be another nail in the coffin for the poor little Punto and the much maligned Linea. Not to mention the Manza! Because Im sure there will be more takers for the SX4 Diesel in preference to these above mentioned vehicles.

The pricing as reported - Rs 10K more than the Petrol SX4 - this I think is mere speculation and a little un-realistic. But this SX4 Diesel may very well undercut the VW Vento and certainly will compete seriously with the Toyota Etios.

All in all I think the SX4 Diesel will be a good car - with a Diesel engine, nice price and its high GC and nice-ish handling, it will become a typical Maruti - read highly popular seller.
Old 24th January 2011, 18:54   #410
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaggoswami View Post
I think that the date sid mentioned is correct as ACI reports that the SX4 diesel launch is in second half of Feb 2011.

Here is the ACI article.

Source : SCOOP! SX4 Diesel coming this Feb | Autocar India

Article :

Just a 10K premium is way too optimistic ! It will definitely kill Petrol SX4 sales. They could price is 50K lesser than VW and bring a lot more equipment, then it will be seen as a VFM buy !
Old 24th January 2011, 19:23   #411
BHPian

I guess maruti will Re Position the SX4 petrol sibling in the price range of 6.30 - 6.5L as they are already working on Dzire CS which will reduce the gap between Swift & Swift CS.
Old 24th January 2011, 19:57   #412
BHPian

Rs.10,000 premium is way too optimistic in my opnion, although i would love to be proven wrong!!!! Me thinks that it will undercut Vento by Rs.50,000.
Old 24th January 2011, 22:22   #413
BHPian

Few more questions. Will there be a diesel automatic? Will there be a facelift or interior upgrade in the recent future? Well we dont want to repent having bought one in a hurry.
Old 25th January 2011, 22:33   #414
BHPian

Yeah same question as Patil's. I am sure most of us have read about and seen the photos of the facelifted SX4 launched in China recently. The car has, apart from exterior looks, grill change, lights change at the rear, alloy wheel design change etc, got better equipment on the inside too, along with an improved design dashboard. It looks very much like the Australian and US market SX4.

So for all we know, there might be a facelift along with the diesel launch. My wife and I are considering an SX4 automatic and I would rather wait and see what happens at the end of Feb.

Took a test drive of the automatic on Sat, and loved the car in all aspects. Price could have been a bit lower though. The car costs 9.8L (revised on 17 Jan with a 2% increase) on road in Chennai, without any discounts.

However, the new Verna and Fiesta are also around the corner and hence I might wait till April to see what developments take place in this segment.

Sid, kindly request you to check on whether the SX4 would come with a facelift along with the diesel launch in Feb. You're the scoop guru!
Old 26th January 2011, 10:52   #415
Senior - BHPian

Launching soon - ads are being shot.
Old 26th January 2011, 12:29   #416
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VSG12777 View Post
Took a test drive of the automatic on Sat, and loved the car in all aspects. Price could have been a bit lower though. The car costs 9.8L (revised on 17 Jan with a 2% increase) on road in Chennai, without any discounts.
There is a 50K discount on the SX4. Why is it not available in Chennai? Or is it for the manual version ?
Old 26th January 2011, 13:12   #417
BHPian

guys.. My Uncle who owns a maruti showroom got a call from the company asking him to make payment for SX4 diesel demo vehicle.
Old 26th January 2011, 14:34   #418
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by psbali View Post
guys.. My Uncle who owns a maruti showroom got a call from the company asking him to make payment for SX4 diesel demo vehicle.
Great news sir, if your uncle's showroom is in Pune, can I request for an early bird test drive?!!
Old 26th January 2011, 15:00   #419
BHPian

oh no no.. Not in pune.. But in Maharashtra only.. Though I dont think so getting a test ride would be difficult once it is launched.. And please call me Puneet and not Sir .. I dont know if I deserve that title.
Old 26th January 2011, 15:08   #420
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by psbali View Post
oh no no.. Not in pune.. But in Maharashtra only.. Though I dont think so getting a test ride would be difficult once it is launched.. And please call me Puneet and not Sir .. I dont know if I deserve that title.
sorry, but its more a habit with me than a title really!
I agree the TDs wont be difficult, but if it goes any direction like the Swift then the delivery timelines will run into months, right?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks