Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 2nd February 2011, 01:34   #451
BHPian

Re: SX4 Diesel - Is it on the cards ?

I dont think maruti is aiming for the enthusiast with the SX4 anyway. The most that we can expect is improved drivability with better gear ratios and a higher ground clearance compared to the Linea. Perfect for city driving and the occasional highway excursion [although the highway manners of the SX4 are an entirely different topic].

If they offer a Zdi version, it should sell pretty well. I dont think the Vdi would sell as well as the Zdi. At this price point, people would be less willing to compromise on creature comforts.
Old 2nd February 2011, 11:04   #452
BHPian

Just now received intel that sx4 diesel will be priced @ 90k more than the petrol variant. and display models are on their way to showrooms. can expect some of them to reach in 2 to 3 days. I still don't know the actual launch date.
Old 2nd February 2011, 11:12   #453
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

It maybe only 90K more, but I feel Maruthi will remove stuff from the equivalent petrol version to adjust their profit margins.
Old 2nd February 2011, 11:47   #454
Distinguished - BHPian

Checked with Bimal Maruti showroom in Bangalore old airport road yesterday evening, sales rep told demo cars are in transit and is expected to reach showrooms in 15 days. When asked about the specs he confirmed that its the 1.3L engine only but the full specs / launch date/ price and other details they will be able to inform only after 2-3 days. As per him there will be a Vdi and Zdi variant.
Old 2nd February 2011, 12:07   #455
BHPian

Here is some news on the diesel SX4 in "The Hindu" today chennai edition.

The Hindu : FEATURES / METRO PLUS : SX4 in a diesel avatar
Old 2nd February 2011, 17:18   #456
Senior - BHPian

Are they tweaking with the original Fiat engine to suit the SX4 or leaving it as it is? Is there any authentic report on this aspect?
Old 2nd February 2011, 18:09   #457
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sudipto-S-Team View Post
Are they tweaking with the original Fiat engine to suit the SX4 or leaving it as it is? Is there any authentic report on this aspect?
As per the sales rep whom I had talked to yesterday as which I mentioned two posts above its the same 1.3 L fiat engine and its tweaked for higher perfomance. However the full details of the same he was not able to say, he was saying they will be getting the detailed specs only by this weekend or next week start.
Old 2nd February 2011, 18:13   #458
Senior - BHPian

Its gonna be a VGT DDIS, or to be simple, linea's motor plonked into SX4 with some tweaks. Still don't have any concrete idea here in Delhi when they will launch it..
Old 2nd February 2011, 23:31   #459
BHPian

Will there be an automatic in diesel?

Apart from the Verna CRDI automatic there is no other option in sub 10 lac segment of diesel cars. So if there will be an automatic than it will open up a new segment and compel other players such as volkswagen and ford to come with diesel automatics.
Old 3rd February 2011, 18:32   #460
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Any maruti car should be easily lighter than the Fiats given that Fiat is always bulit tank like and Maruti's like feather ! So the accelaration should be decent and I strongly agree with you on the gear ratios. Maruti does good tweaking on the gear ratios.

Swiftnfurious, The SX4 is no lightweight car. The ZXI tips the scales at 1200 KG. The only car in its segment that is heavier is the Linea.
Old 3rd February 2011, 19:03   #461
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Fiat Linea Petrol (Not T-Jet)- 1180 kg.
Maruti SX4- 1200 kg. (VXi- 1170kg).

You forgot SX4 is half suzuki, half FIAT?

@opendro: Unless they take all the seats out, i dont think they'll be able to make the diesel weigh 1.1 ton, when the petrol ZXi itself weighs 1.2 tons! Dont take these magazines too seriously!
Quote:
Originally Posted by rajneeesh View Post
Swiftnfurious, The SX4 is no lightweight car. The ZXI tips the scales at 1200 KG. The only car in its segment that is heavier is the Linea.
Hey..thanx guys ! I didnt know this. But is this weight felt in the car too? in terms of the build quality or the safety feeling ? I have heard numerous people saying that they feel quite secure in a Fiat because of the "build" ! Again with this factor, how will it be a Fun-to-Drive car? And what about mileage?!!
Old 3rd February 2011, 19:51   #462
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post
Its gonna be a VGT DDIS, or to be simple, linea's motor plonked into SX4 with some tweaks. Still don't have any concrete idea here in Delhi when they will launch it..
Pretty soon I guess. Within a couple of months.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4addict View Post
It maybe only 90K more, but I feel Maruthi will remove stuff from the equivalent petrol version to adjust their profit margins.
That sucks. 90K premium would be acceptable if it was a 1.6L diesel. Looks like maruti is messing up with the pricing. It is no more VFM as perceived before. Kizashi is not at all well priced. No cars even in the hatchback category offer more VFM than Beat/Figo. Neither it offer the luxury of I20/Jazz. Nor does it have the Ride and handling of Polo/Fabia/Punto. Unless they produce VFM products I don't see them sustaining the share in the long run.
As for SX4 diesel. It sucks. A 1.3L diesel is injustice to the overweight, bulky machine. To tell the truth I am least interested about its launch. However I feel Pricing should be at par with the current 1.6L motor. And off course without removing any features.

Last edited by oxyzen : 3rd February 2011 at 19:53.
Old 4th February 2011, 09:19   #463
Distinguished - BHPian

There was one point that the sales guy had told which most of us has misssed out when talking about the on road price diffrence between diesel and petrol. Diesel engine is going to be 1.3l one and he was saying that comes in the lower tax bracket (Iam not sure what are each tax slabs in engine capacity though so cant comment on the exact percentage); so compared to petrol which I guess is 1.58 l there will be a tax diffrence which will offset part of the price increase of diesel.
Though the agent was asking me to check out next week for the price details he was saying a diffrence of 70k range may be whats expected.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oxyzen View Post
Pretty soon I guess. Within a couple of months.

That sucks. 90K premium would be acceptable if it was a 1.6L diesel. Looks like maruti is messing up with the pricing. It is no more VFM as perceived before. Kizashi is not at all well priced. No cars even in the hatchback category offer more VFM than Beat/Figo. Neither it offer the luxury of I20/Jazz. Nor does it have the Ride and handling of Polo/Fabia/Punto. Unless they produce VFM products I don't see them sustaining the share in the long run.
As for SX4 diesel. It sucks. A 1.3L diesel is injustice to the overweight, bulky machine. To tell the truth I am least interested about its launch. However I feel Pricing should be at par with the current 1.6L motor. And off course without removing any features.
Old 4th February 2011, 09:50   #464
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post
Diesel engine is going to be 1.3l one and he was saying that comes in the lower tax bracket (Iam not sure what are each tax slabs in engine capacity though so cant comment on the exact percentage); so compared to petrol which I guess is 1.58 l there will be a tax diffrence which will offset part of the price increase of diesel.
As usual with sales guys, he is only partially true.

Yes, diesels less than 1.5L, and petrols less than 1.2L do qualify for lower (small car) tax bracket, provided they are less than 4 metres in length.

SX4 is 4490m and hence it wont qualify!

(However, Maruti is working on bringing the DZire in this tax bracket. DZire has 1.2L petrol, and 1.3L diesels which will qualify if its length is brought under 4m)
Old 4th February 2011, 10:27   #465
Distinguished - BHPian

Ok, so thats how the tax thing work. I was thinking the length and engine capacity criterion was not related to each other. Well, so it doesnt matter even if the engine would have been the much wished for 1.6l since the car will be above 4 mts in length.

Thanks for letting me know the same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
As usual with sales guys, he is only partially true.

Yes, diesels less than 1.5L, and petrols less than 1.2L do qualify for lower (small car) tax bracket, provided they are less than 4 metres in length.

SX4 is 4490m and hence it wont qualify!

(However, Maruti is working on bringing the DZire in this tax bracket. DZire has 1.2L petrol, and 1.3L diesels which will qualify if its length is brought under 4m)
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks