Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 22nd February 2011, 22:08   #676
Senior - BHPian

Re: SX4 Diesel - Is it on the cards? Update: Now launched

SX4 in petrol version never sold well. All that is about change now with the diesel launch. SX4 is going to be a very familiar and common sighting on Indian roads from now on, like Dzire. Who knows it might even overtake Dzire in sales because many did not like the add-on boot of Dzire. Looks like it will emerge numero uno sedan in india in terms of sales.
Old 22nd February 2011, 22:58   #677
Senior - BHPian

dont forget the new varna plus fiesta looming in the horizon. SX4 will though remain the best value oriented practical diesel sedan in the upper C segment.
Old 22nd February 2011, 23:50   #678
BHPian

Hey Sid

Any possibility of a facelift to the SX4 anytime soon? I think it badly needs one! The Indian market SX4 is the same one that was launched globally in late 2006/early 2007. After that, the car has been updated more than once globally with features.

Apart from the grille on the Chinese market SX4, I liked the other things. LEDs on ORVMs, side-mounted arm rests for driver and passenger seats (present on US and Aussie versions too), better instrumentation with DTE indicator, and more.

The Indian update in Oct 2009 merely got a new grille, new alloys, 2 tone dash, illuminated steering wheel switches, better designed rear headrests and a USB port for the audio system. Of course, 2 new colours were introduced, out of which the nice French Eclair seems to have been discontinued now!

I am waiting for the new Verna and Fiesta to make a final decision on our new car. For now, it is the SX4 automatic. I simply loved it.

The diesel seems to be properly priced too. Looks like the SX4 D and the SX4 AT would be around the same price on-road, just like i20 CRDi Asta and i20 1.4 AT.

Thought I'd include some photos of the Aussie market facelifted SX4 (done in 2010) below. All images from Carsales.com.au.

The taillights - see how both sides have clear lenses, as compared to one clear lens and one red lens on the Indian one:
SX4 Diesel - Is it on the cards? Update: Now launched-black-01-back.jpg

Seats with front armrests for driver and passenger:
SX4 Diesel - Is it on the cards? Update: Now launched-black-02-front-armrests.jpg

Steering wheel and dashboard:
SX4 Diesel - Is it on the cards? Update: Now launched-black-03-steering-wheel-dash.jpg
SX4 Diesel - Is it on the cards? Update: Now launched-blue-01-steering-wheel-dash.jpg

Front armrests on seats folded:
SX4 Diesel - Is it on the cards? Update: Now launched-blue-02-folded-front-armrest.jpg

Instrument cluster:
SX4 Diesel - Is it on the cards? Update: Now launched-blue-03-instru.jpg

Another shot of the tail lights:
SX4 Diesel - Is it on the cards? Update: Now launched-blue-04-tail-light.jpg

Factory fitted audio system:
SX4 Diesel - Is it on the cards? Update: Now launched-blue-05-audio.jpg

Full shot of a blue SX4 - so sporty looking!
SX4 Diesel - Is it on the cards? Update: Now launched-blue-06-full-shot.jpg

Last edited by VSG12777 : 23rd February 2011 at 00:26.
Old 23rd February 2011, 03:49   #679
Senior - BHPian

10+L OTR for a Maruti Suzuki SX4 seems to be on the higher side. Maruti should target for 9.7-9.8L OTR in Bangalore for a ZXi. The only way if they have to beat cars like Vento.
Old 23rd February 2011, 06:22   #680
BANNED

At Rs 8.62 lakhs for the ZDi, I feel its slightly overpriced keeping in mind that the fully loaded Linea is Rs 8.96 Lakhs. And then there's the Vento too with that stonker of a diesel and is more modern and much better looking as well.

Last edited by akhilesh : 23rd February 2011 at 06:24.
Old 23rd February 2011, 07:16   #681
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgsagar View Post
SX4 in petrol version never sold well.
ONLYwhen compared to the Honda City.

Otherwise, on an average- SX4 in petrol alone was selling more than Verna, Fiesta, Linea, Logan etc which had both petrol and diesel versions.
Quote:
Originally Posted by akhilesh View Post
At Rs 8.62 lakhs for the ZDi, I feel its slightly overpriced keeping in mind that the fully loaded Linea is Rs 8.96 Lakhs. And then there's the Vento too with that stonker of a diesel and is more modern and much better looking as well.
For its target market, the combination of a decent car + Maruti's network + claimed ARAI figure of 21.5kmpl would work! If the petrol version can sell 1.5k- 2k units per month, i believe it can sell at 4k - 5k units per month.

I suspect Maruti ad campaign will highlight 'Best in class fuel efficiency of 21.5kmpl'.

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 23rd February 2011 at 07:20.
Old 23rd February 2011, 09:28   #682
BHPian

Re: SX4 Diesel - Delhi price

The VDi and ZDi models will be available for an ex-showroom Delhi price of Rs 7.74 lakh and Rs 8.62 lakh, respectively.
Old 23rd February 2011, 10:09   #683
BHPian

You forgot that it is a Maruti and a diesel too. I would expect anywhere around 3.5K to 4K per month sale for this.

BTW, wider network of Maruti may not help that much here as remote places usually don't buy the premium segment cars as much as cities do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by akhilesh View Post
Old 23rd February 2011, 12:07   #684
Senior - BHPian

The complete prices are up in the website.
Old 23rd February 2011, 12:16   #685
BHPian

I'm sure this diesel variant will have a long delivery time. Looking at the pricing, it looks a tad overpriced IMO. Especially when you can buy a Vento TDi for around the same price. Leaving aside VW's A-S-S and supposedly higher ownership cost, the Vento has a better engine, is a newer car and has a better brand image. And it looks much better too. I wish Maruti had looked at a 1.6L or a 1.9L diesel engine for the SX4. Then the current pricing would have looked a lot more attractive.

One thing that the SX4 diesel will do is increase SX4 sales overall which have been dismal so far. The Linea, Manza, Vento and City will have stiffer competition.

Last edited by fuel_addict : 23rd February 2011 at 12:21.
Old 23rd February 2011, 13:23   #686
Senior - BHPian

Await a first drive report from me soon. On the way to drive
Old 23rd February 2011, 13:24   #687
BHPian

VW has its own customers...that's a different segment altogether.

If we compare Lenia and Vento, in all factors, Lenia is better barring the Engine. Lenia is ageless beauty..loaded with features...Almost all the reviews say Lenia is much better in handling at higher speeds than vento. So the real competition will come when Lenia Multijet 1.6 comes with not less than 120 bhp and the days are not far away.....

SX4 D may boost Maruti's sales in the segment, can't expect a miracle though.....
Old 23rd February 2011, 13:25   #688
BHPian

On Specs Comparison SX4 1.3 DDIS doesnt look to shudder under competition , and then add the weight of Maruti SuzukiBrand Name in India. Please refer the excel comparison between its chief competitors.
Attached Files
File Type: xlsx DieselA3Comparison.xlsx (12.1 KB, 748 views)
Old 23rd February 2011, 13:49   #689
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post
Await a first drive report from me soon. On the way to drive
Waiting for the same. A complete TBHP review is the only thing that is stopping me from booking a ZDI
Old 23rd February 2011, 13:50   #690
BHPian

Is the SX4 Diesel sporting the same Fiat Engine that is already fitted in Swift and Dzire ?
The specifications seem to suggest that.
Only the power output seems to be more !!

Last edited by INDIAN_VAGABOND : 23rd February 2011 at 13:56.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks