Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 25th February 2011, 18:27   #736
BHPian

Re: SX4 Diesel - Is it on the cards? Update: Now launched

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT post one-liners that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the overall quality of this forum.

Please read our rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by GTO : 28th February 2011 at 10:23.
RemingtonSteele is offline   Received Infraction
Old 25th February 2011, 18:30   #737
Senior - BHPian

Looks like nobody has read the press release. The SX4 1.3 VGT motor is manufactured alongside the swift and dzire engines at Suzuki powertrain India limited, Manesar. Let me see how fast I can get my hands on a TD car by late next week.
Old 25th February 2011, 18:35   #738
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWind View Post
So is the engine manufactured at FIAT's plant in Ranjangaon and not at Maruti's engine plant at Manesar? Why would Maruti want to do that?
Maruti manufactures the engines themselves. They have the license to manufacture these engines, so Fiat India has no role to play.

I'm surprised that no BHPian has properly test driven the SX4 D as yet.

Last edited by fiat_tarun : 25th February 2011 at 18:36.
Old 25th February 2011, 20:03   #739
Senior - BHPian

being a bit optimistic here . But any chances of the Swift getting the VGT badge like the punto?
Old 26th February 2011, 02:03   #740
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinaydas View Post
being a bit optimistic here . But any chances of the Swift getting the VGT badge like the punto?
You never know !! they can bring in the 1.3 VGT on the swift and call it Swift Sports D ! Should be one heck of a ride for sure. And the premium - a 50K with some additional features.

Bring it on Maruti - we are waiting !
Old 26th February 2011, 11:17   #741
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
You never know !! they can bring in the 1.3 VGT on the swift and call it Swift Sports D ! Should be one heck of a ride for sure. And the premium - a 50K with some additional features.

Ona side note, I just hope that they come up with the Zdi variant of the Swift, a 90hp Swift with the SX4 motor is surely going to sell.

Maruti needs to Analyze the market for such products.
Old 26th February 2011, 11:29   #742
BHPian

Well said Swiftnfurious. They should introduce a new Swift with VGT to compete with the likes of i20 and Punto 90. A true premium hatch from Maruti stable

Coming back to the topic, I am going to take a TD of SX4 diesel next week to see if it is a worthy upgrade from my Swift D.
Old 26th February 2011, 14:47   #743
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharma_sanjeevi View Post
+1 to that. The Diesel Version seems to be slightly overpriced considering the Linea retails at a lesser price with plethora of features.

High pricing, can it be due to the royalty charged to Maruti from FIAT for the Engine ?
Well Maruti believes that they can sell the SX4 at that price. Fiat is to Blame if they cannot sell the feature rich Linea even at an attractive price.

Maruti will on probability start offering the discounts once the initial rush is over and they increase production as was the cxase with the petrol SX4 when it was launched.

It is not the royalty AFAIK but higher profit margind for MSIL.
Old 26th February 2011, 16:55   #744
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

I think Maruti is being a bit optimistic on the pricing in comparison to the Linea.
However, having said that, most consumers will go along with it (in my opinion) on account of the proven reliability, service-ability, availability of service centres and overall Maruti peace of mind.
Since the car itself is a bit lighter than the Linea, I think this DDIS engine should pretty much be good enough to power it. Also the introduction of the VGT is a good thing so that engine power is optimized to the best extent possible.
All in all I think it is a very good move by MAruti because the SX4 is basically a very good car and all it needed was a nice Diesel under its hood to take the game to the next level in terms of sales.
Typical of all things Maruti, I am 100% sure this product will also see good success in the marketplace.
Old 26th February 2011, 17:07   #745
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
Typical of all things Maruti, I am 100% sure this product will also see good success in the marketplace.
Agreed, being a Maruti and a diesel are enough for the SX4 to become a good proposition and sell in large numbers.

I feel that in this case a lot more benefit regarding the price could have been passed on to the consumer, I agree the price is competitive but it could have been much lesser citing that the engine and transmission belong to the Swift.
Old 26th February 2011, 20:03   #746
Senior - BHPian

I dont know why you guys are so enthusiastic about SX4 Diesel.

IMO it does not deserve a place in the current Diesel Midsize competition.
When you have the likes of
1) Vento
2) Linea
3) Upcoming Fiesta
4) Upcoming Verna

1) Spare 50K extra and drive home with 50Nm more torque and 15Bhp more power.
2) Get rid of so called turbo lag and rev the engine like a petrol.
3) Get a much better ride and handling Package.
4) Much better interior fit and Finish
5) Excellent Built quality
6) Clean and proportionate design as opposed to the Bulky and outdated elephant like.
7) Slick Gearbox.
In Sx4 what you get is the Maruti A.S.S and a few more features.

Or opt for the Linea for its wonderful design and ride and handling Package.

Or wait for the upcoming Fiesta & Verna. Sid has already given enough info about these.
Old 26th February 2011, 22:45   #747
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselLover View Post
Well said Swiftnfurious. They should introduce a new Swift with VGT to compete with the likes of i20 and Punto 90. A true premium hatch from Maruti stable

Coming back to the topic, I am going to take a TD of SX4 diesel next week to see if it is a worthy upgrade from my Swift D.
Pray!

Quote:
Originally Posted by oxyzen View Post
Answer is in shankar's post

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
I think Maruti is being a bit optimistic on the pricing in comparison to the Linea.
However, having said that, most consumers will go along with it (in my opinion) on account of the proven reliability, service-ability, availability of service centres and overall Maruti peace of mind.
Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post

And you will wait for buying one too! They should also add some space, more premium look & built to interior and rear seat comfort.

I was told that one canget SX4 DDIS within a month here at Trivandrum.One's already sold.

If MS can sell cars without delay, then they sure will have a winner.
Old 27th February 2011, 03:20   #748
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
And you will wait for buying one too! They should also add some space, more premium look & built to interior and rear seat comfort.
Whatever you mentioned are all wish list which I have as well. But doubt when will Maruti introduce all these. Lets wait and see whether the new swift will have any of these included. Probably Maruti needs to be de-throned from No.1 position to think in these lines.
Old 27th February 2011, 06:38   #749
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by oxyzen View Post
A well known biker, and editor of an automobile magazine had a query on his facebook account yesterday, which goes approximately as-

Need help selecting car. Swift/ Ritz. Only interested in Maruti Suzuki brand, or can somewhat consider i20 too.

Now think of the ordinary man! Looking forward to seeing the sales figures for SX4 diesel. I really believe it has the potential to catch up with the Honda City numbers.
Old 27th February 2011, 10:21   #750
BHPian

Hi,

In my quest to pick up the SX4 ZXI, I had the opportunity to TD the ZDI yesterday. The 'consulatant' from Pratham motors (Bangalore) siad it was a brand new car and no one had driven it yet (it had 130 km on the odo). First impressions:

1. Looks exactly like the ZXI - no special interiors or any changes what so ever. If it was not for the ZDI badge you would not be able to differentiate
2. The car did feel sluggish initially. I was driving it in heavy traffic and had to shift into first many times
3. When there was a little space on the road I tried to push it a bit. I did not like the initial response but after 2500 RPM it came into its own
4. The in cabin noise is negligable but you can tell its a diesel from the vibrations from pedal area and a little bit of noise

I dont think it is as refined as good as the Swift diesel. My review could be inclnclusive because I have driven the Swift only a couple of times and the TD also lasted for only 20 mins (I have spent more time in the petrol version - drove it from Ratnagiri to Mahabaleshwar and back last November. But honestly I did not get out of the car with the wow feeling.

I hope this helps. Considering that a lot of people are looking forward to the car I hope or TD reviews bring out some positive stuff.

Parik
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks