Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 9th September 2008, 11:21   #1
BHPian

SX4 Diesel - Is it on the cards? Update: Now launched

Hi folks,

Went yesterday for a dinner at our family friends home. Their son is doing engineering at IIT Delhi and was a head of the project for devloping the Sports car by students, which won last year at the Silverstone circuit.

He was recently on an Intern with Maruti.

As from him Maruti has been testing the SX4 diesel form quite a long time know and was supposed to launch this in September 1st week, before the launch of new City.

Reasons for the delay, not able to meet the demand for Swift diesel and Dzire diesel.

Engine:- 90 Bhp MJD with VGT (Sounds pretty cool)

Last edited by S_budhiraj : 9th September 2008 at 11:22. Reason: Grammer mistake
Old 9th September 2008, 11:23   #2
Senior - BHPian

I have been waiting for so long SX4 Diesel. Come soon!

By the way any idea how much liters it would be? It must be either 1.6 or 1.9. But chances are for 1.6 as they have 1.3 liter engine in Swift petrol & diesel. Keeping finger crossed.

Last edited by anujmishra : 9th September 2008 at 11:28.
Old 9th September 2008, 11:24   #3
Team-BHP Support

Good news

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...time-soon.html
Old 9th September 2008, 11:34   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_budhiraj View Post
Hi folks,

As from him Maruti has been testing the SX4 diesel form quite a long time know and was supposed to launch this in September 1st week, before the launch of new City.

Reasons for the delay, not able to meet the demand for Swift diesel and Dzire diesel.

Wow, this is good news but when will they launch it?

Another question on this, how will a Diesel SX4 affect FIAT Linea? I guess with the perceptions of both manufacturers in the minds of general public, a Diesel SX4 with an MJD will effectively kill off any hopes of the Linea being a huge success.
Old 9th September 2008, 11:40   #5
BHPian

Sorry folks, not much of details as Moms were there to kill us discussing cars all time on dinner table.

As for engine, it is either 1.3 or 1.6 not 1.9 as it will be used in Vitara for future.

But I will try to crack as much more info I can
Old 9th September 2008, 11:40   #6
Senior - BHPian

It will be the same 1.3 L engine , as it has a VGT, so 90bhp is not a big deal for 1.3 MJD[or DDIS ]with that.

Last edited by dinar : 9th September 2008 at 11:58.
Old 9th September 2008, 11:42   #7
BHPian

Am just curious here with so many diesel cars being launched. What happens to all these diesel cars and their current demand if government comes out with differential pricing for industrial users, railways, public transport - both passenger & goods, and individual cars. I personally, endorse that there should be differential pricing and it should not be subsided for industrial users and individual car owners.

Btw, this is my personal opinion and I feel that differential will ensure that there is no undue demand for diesel.

Last edited by muralisk : 9th September 2008 at 11:44.
Old 9th September 2008, 11:59   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by elfhelm View Post
Wow, this is good news but when will they launch it?

Another question on this, how will a Diesel SX4 affect FIAT Linea? I guess with the perceptions of both manufacturers in the minds of general public, a Diesel SX4 with an MJD will effectively kill off any hopes of the Linea being a huge success.
Well Linea will be longer and interiors will be better compared to SX4. Looks are subjective. SX4 has the Maruti badge as the biggest advantage! It seems like this is the same engine that will be plonked in the Linea. But how come there was no info regarding this before. I would rather wait for more concrete info.
Old 9th September 2008, 12:06   #9
Senior - BHPian

Now is the time for Fiat to grow real guts, take Maruti head on, and show them whose boss!

Fiat- please listen, smell the coffee, provide sensible service, decent spares, and even a maintenance package. Time to counter Sedici with usii ka baap - Linea
Old 9th September 2008, 12:16   #10
BHPian

good news.But I doubt even after launching SX4 diesel,MSIL would be able deliver within 6 months(i.e the current waiting period of diesel dzire).My guess is That DZire ZDI has started taking the sales of SX4 petrol.SX4 sales have decreased due to which they want to launch SX4 diesel ASAP.
But one question remains unanswered,WHAT ABOUT THE WAITING PERIOD.??
Old 9th September 2008, 12:25   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by elfhelm View Post
Why diesel SX4? The Linea MJD wouldn't be able to make a dent in the Petrol SX4 sales. It's unfortunate but true. This despite the fact that Linea will be bigger, longer , wider with better build quality, better suspension and better driving dynamics.

Of course, unlike the SX4, the Linea will also track straight instead of darting and dancing all over the road like the SX4!

Last edited by amit : 9th September 2008 at 12:31.
Old 9th September 2008, 12:28   #12
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

good point. i tend to agree.
however, as a vehicle I think the SX4 diesel will be first class - especially if they also offer the ZXi variant - unlike their strategy with Swift DDIS where they had only VDi as the top end.
cheerio

Quote:
Originally Posted by muralisk View Post
Am just curious here with so many diesel cars being launched. What happens to all these diesel cars and their current demand if government comes out with differential pricing for industrial users, railways, public transport - both passenger & goods, and individual cars. I personally, endorse that there should be differential pricing and it should not be subsided for industrial users and individual car owners.

Btw, this is my personal opinion and I feel that differential will ensure that there is no undue demand for diesel.
Old 9th September 2008, 12:39   #13
Senior - BHPian

OT:
Quote:
Originally Posted by S_Budhiraj
sports car by students, which won last year at the Silverstone circuit.
When did this happen?
Old 9th September 2008, 13:35   #14
Senior - BHPian

While it would be an ace for MSIL to have a diesel SX4, I think first they need to work on sorting out the diesel engine production constraints and get those huge waiting periods closed for Swift-D and Dzire-D. Else, what is the use of saying that you have a diesel variant, but please wait a few years for delivery ?

And if and when the diesel SX4 comes, it would be competing with the existing players like Verna-D, Fiesta-D, NNHC etc more than Linea.
Old 9th September 2008, 15:10   #15
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anujmishra View Post
I have been waiting for so long SX4 Diesel. Come soon!

By the way any idea how much liters it would be? It must be either 1.6 or 1.9. But chances are for 1.6 as they have 1.3 liter engine in Swift petrol & diesel. Keeping finger crossed.
Well, anuj if budhiraj is right then the engine is a 1.3 VGT that pumps out 90BHP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_budhiraj View Post

Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks