Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 10th September 2008, 16:30   #1
BHPian

New Elantra & Santa Fe not coming this year says hyundai Customer Relations

Recently was inquisitive about the anticipated launches of vehicles from the Hyundai stable esp the new Elantra and Santa Fe and wanted to know when they were going to launch these vehicles since their launch times would greatly affect my decision on which new car to go for in the near future.

So, i just went to the Hyundai India Website and shot an email to their customer relations email address, I did not expect them to reply, BUT they did , and their reply seems to be very disappointing. They say, that the vehicles are not going to be launched anytime soon :(

See the transcript of the email conversation below. Start from the bottom and read up

RE: New Car
muneer uddin ahmad <ahmad@hmil.net> Wed, Sep 10, 2008 at 11:24 AM
To: Tim J <<snip>>

Yes. No plan so far.

Sent: Tuesday, September 09, 2008 4:13 PM
To: muneer uddin ahmad
Subject: Re: New Car

No Plans of launch of both Sante-Fe and New Elantra?

Thanks
Timothy

On Tue, Sep 9, 2008 at 3:59 PM, muneer uddin ahmad <ahmad@hmil.net> wrote:

Dear Sir,

Thanks for showing your interest in Hyundai.

We would like to tell you that we are just going through it but so far there is no plan to launch this model within this year.

Regards,

CR Team

Sent: Saturday, September 06, 2008 8:24 AM
To: cr@hmil.net
Subject: New Car

Hi,
I am planning to buy a new car. Can you give me a tentative launch time of the New Elantra (crdi) and also the Santa-fe . My budget is 12-15 lacs and I guess both these cars come in the price bracket and the period of launch of these 2 cars will greatly influence my decision of which car to buy. It would be great if you can revert back to me at your earliest convenience.

Thanks
Timothy

Also i was not too happy with the one line answer he gave me : Was a blunt NO on my face :( NOT a good sign of a CR guy

Even though they say they are not going to launch anything for now, I am sure its their policy not to disclose new launches fearing the rival camps. I hope thats the way it is cos i really want the Sante-Fe out SOON!

Cheers!

Most Viewed