Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 11th September 2008, 16:25   #16
Senior - BHPian

My Ikon is taking this pot holed Bangy roads well. I scrapped twice and that too while crossing NICE road to Bannerghatta Road. Was doing off roading to reach B'ghatta road. Otherwise, the vehicle has taken the rains and the potholes well.
Old 11th September 2008, 16:43   #17
Senior - BHPian

No probs due to monsoons so far. Could be bcoz most of the roads here are in good shape.

Shan2nu
Old 11th September 2008, 17:05   #18
Senior - BHPian

My Palio is seeing it's fifth monsoon. No rattles or squeaks of any kind.

SX4 is seeing it's first monsoon and has held up really well. No rattles have developed during the monsoons although the car really shakes up the occupants when going over rough roads and the suspension is very thrashy through potholes.
Old 11th September 2008, 17:08   #19
Senior - BHPian

In my 14 years of experience of driving on Delhi roads, I have never seen such widespread damage on nearly all roads. This is no hype, and regardless of Govt. excuses such as heavy monsoons, Delhi roads have never been worse. Fortunately, my office route is through Lutyens Delhi (the last place to find potholes in Delhi), and the new NH8 expressway. But get out of these places, and potholes are everywhere with the depths being reached in South Delhi.
Old 11th September 2008, 18:06   #20
BHPian

My 7yr old Santro is tired of the roads in Bangy and started making noises in suspension and even the engine noise has gone up.
Old 11th September 2008, 20:56   #21
BHPian

I have travelled extensively this monsoon as was on A/L (which coincidently overlap with kids' school vacationsin UK). In my travel covering 1600+ kms over 3 weeks (mainly Pune-Nagpur-Tuljapur-Pune and my native village), my 3 year old Palio handled the roads very well. The way she still handles and glides over speedbrekers, small potholes and rough roads is amazing.

On a seperate note, I must say that the roads in most part of Maharashtra are lot better than those in PUNE. I really struggled to see any main road either not digged or diverted. Add to this chaos , we have the trademark Pune traffic . Seriously wish people to need common sense over commonwealth there..
Old 11th September 2008, 22:00   #22
Senior - BHPian

Our wagonR's suspension needs to be changed.
Old 11th September 2008, 22:20   #23
Team-BHP Support

My GV was bought after watching the coastal Karnataka rains and roads for two monsoon seasons. In other words, it was specially bought for handling potholes.

I gotta say it has done a stellar job. It has handled every road I have thrown at it with ease and with maximum comfort of the riders. No rattles either.

The monsoon is not over here, in fact it has been raining cats and dogs everyday since a week after a brief break in the first week of September.
Old 12th September 2008, 10:47   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanstorm View Post
On a seperate note, I must say that the roads in most part of Maharashtra are lot better than those in PUNE. I really struggled to see any main road either not digged or diverted...
IN NO WAY this is true...

Mumbai has perennial potholes whether you its raining or not...the saga continues.

My Ikon seems to handling the roads pretty well but still feel a stab everytime i hit a pothole. And believe me when i say pothole where is stay in Ghodbunder road I mean BLACK HOLES(big bang theory...LOL only they eat up the car).
Old 12th September 2008, 12:07   #25
BHPian

My Palio is facing it's third monsoon. Every day I have to drive on 3 kms of dirt track due to diversion off Baner road (CYG work). Some rattles in the dash have crept up (surface only when the road is bad).
Old 12th September 2008, 12:41   #26
BANNED

What potholes are you guys talking about?
Old 12th September 2008, 12:46   #27
Senior - BHPian

Whole Gurgaon is full of pot holes, specially the old Gurgaon is way ahead in competition with moon for deepest craters.

My new SX4 is not taking these potholes really well, too shaky and shock does not absorbs them on slow speed.

My Indica was way ahead from SX4 in terms of comfort on these roads.
Old 12th September 2008, 13:27   #28
Senior - BHPian

I did close to 1900 kms in the last 3 weeks time of which 70% of the roads covered was in shambles. Only good stretch I can remember was bangalore- mysore road and the car has been holding up without any squeaks or rattles. The only rattle I hear is from the end can clamp or so ,need to get it checked this weekend.
Old 12th September 2008, 13:46   #29
Senior - BHPian

did someone say potholed roads....no wonder my truck is smiling so much these days....after all, it is in an environment it was designed for
Old 13th September 2008, 12:06   #30
BHPian

Wagony R

My Wagon-R Duo facing its second monsoon season on Mumbai roads has now developed various rattles.

The suspension - which was never too comfy over bumps - makes a clunking noise everytime it encounters a non-flat surface, need to take it for servicing soon. As for driving it during the rains, the car felt skittish on dry roads, on wet ones its like driving on oil or something so I stay on the safe side of 70 kmh.

Most Viewed