Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th September 2008, 10:33   #31
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid6639 View Post
The other colour is the one available with the new A4. looks smashing.
IMO the seats don't go with the headlining and pillars (white) at all. If they left those in black, then I'd be of the same opinion. Smashing.
Old 16th September 2008, 21:38   #32
Senior - BHPian

Nice thread!

Beige interiors may look good, but, if manufacturers command a premium just because of the color of the interiors, it isn't just acceptable.

Personally I like the black interiors. I wish Swift interiors were completely black.
Old 17th September 2008, 22:26   #33
BHPian

most hopeless case is the i10.
sat in my friends car and the reflection was so horrible!
very uncomfortable to the eyes and agitating experience.
what were those "designers" thinking?!
Old 17th September 2008, 23:51   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by subscrive View Post
most hopeless case is the i10.
sat in my friends car and the reflection was so horrible!
very uncomfortable to the eyes and agitating experience.
what were those "designers" thinking?!
That is a case of thoughtless designing of interiors. A good example of a practical and thoughtful design is the now old-gen Corolla. The upper half of the dash is a darker shade because of which the reflection is never a problem. Atleast it has never been, for me.
Old 18th September 2008, 01:12   #35
Senior - BHPian

I dont like beige or grey and would prefer the all black interiors any day!

Having customization options for interiors in cars below 25L is something that the manufacturers cannot absorb as overhead since it will eat into their already thin profit margin as already pointed out. So they come up with the 2 tone interior ideas which tend to click with a few people but not for a select few!!
Old 18th September 2008, 14:01   #36
BHPian

Well, I am not from any camp Beige, Black or Grey. But what I have noticed is, if it is Beige it has to be absolutely elegant and well done. You just cant get away with a cheap job in Beige. Unfortunately some manufacturers are trying the trick of giving some ordinary interiors and making it feel upmarket by using Beige as the colour. It just sucks big time IMO. Its so el-cheapo and wannabe feel inside. If you are a entry level car its fine to have average interiors in black (case in point Alto) but why add that gaudy prostitute type cheap make-up (beige) and make things worse!!!!.

No offense meant but I felt the same when I took a test drive of Logaan and the entry level Ikon Flair. To me their interiors were a huge put off.
Then I entered a Ford Fusion and WOW the same beige work felt so nice and rich...just because it was done well.
Old 18th September 2008, 15:19   #37
BHPian

I guess lighter toned down colors (beige) would give a more spacy feel to the interiors. Black will make things look cramped and white would be too bright for comfort. Same funda as a small room with a few windows
Old 19th September 2008, 19:01   #38
BHPian

I hope manufacturers take notice of this thread and start thinking.
Old 19th September 2008, 23:26   #39
Senior - BHPian

[quote=Pani;982265] If you are a entry level car its fine to have average interiors in black (case in point Alto) but why add that gaudy prostitute type cheap make-up (beige) and make things worse!!!!.

Well said. I do not hate beige but I think it looks good only on chauffer-driven luxury sedans like Rolls, Bentleys etc. But not in a puny cheap hatch like i10, for Christ's sake. It looks el-cheapo to the core. Speaking of i10, I hate even that name. It sounds like a washing machine or vacuum cleaner.

Even most Merc and BMW models have black interiors.
Most self-drive cars as also even sports cars like Ferrari, Lambo have black interiors. Besides, beige looks pathetic when stained.
Old 20th September 2008, 13:54   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pani View Post
Well, I am not from any camp Beige, Black or Grey. But what I have noticed is, if it is Beige it has to be absolutely elegant and well done. You just cant get away with a cheap job in Beige. Unfortunately some manufacturers are trying the trick of giving some ordinary interiors and making it feel upmarket by using Beige as the colour. It just sucks big time IMO. Its so el-cheapo and wannabe feel inside. If you are a entry level car its fine to have average interiors in black (case in point Alto) but why add that gaudy prostitute type cheap make-up (beige) and make things worse!!!!.

No offense meant but I felt the same when I took a test drive of Logaan and the entry level Ikon Flair. To me their interiors were a huge put off.
Then I entered a Ford Fusion and WOW the same beige work felt so nice and rich...just because it was done well.

I totally second that. Its also equally important how the whole package has been put together. In case cheap plastics and poor quality materials are used - then regardless of whether the interiors are black/grey/beige - they will look equally pathetic.

End of the day - color to me is a personal choice - so yes we can debate about which one is better over the other but frankly its on a case by case basis wrt the vehicle as well as the corresponding individual in question who plans to buy it
Old 20th September 2008, 17:06   #41
Senior - BHPian

we indians have always been treated to a feast of grey plasticky interiors a la the maruti 800.. the reason why i mentioned it is cos everyone has owned one (well almost!)...
almost all cars coming in the 80s and 90s featured dull,drab swarthy grey fascias and dirty seat designs.. its only now that the onslaught of foreign cars has hit us and most of them offer beige interiors at least as an option.. beige DOES give a feeling of spaciousness IMHO even though they can't prove it scientifically!
that explains why we indians have 'beige' fever!
Old 20th September 2008, 20:44   #42
Distinguished - BHPian

Beige is anyday better than grey,but beige in some cars like i10 is bad.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks