Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 15th September 2008, 18:02   #16
BHPian

I just love my black interiors, But if it's leather biege is not bad either only for the matter of fact that it gets dirty. The fabric biege gets too dirty one can see that from the TD Cars itself, But still i've seen many people who prefer biege and many say my interiors(Black) are bad, But stil I would opt for all black anytime if there is an option.

Cant blame the manufactures though, because it is the people who ask for it. An option would always be cool.
Old 15th September 2008, 18:04   #17
BHPian

Beige atleast in this part of town tends to keep the heat at a minimum.My accord has beige fabric and it looks good but if stained its a nuisance.
Old 15th September 2008, 19:39   #18
BHPian

This is my first post here.

I don't know who told manufacturers that customers like Beige color. I think first it came in luxury cars as a premium to Grey in A,B and C segment cars. It does look good in cars which are bought for purpose of family, taxi or as a company owned cars. May be, they look good when you have chaffer and you wear suits to office. But, what purpose they serve in SUVs like Safari and Scropio. I use to like interiors of Octavia with those Grey, Black and with small aluminum accents. I recently looked at one of my cousin's Laura Ambient, it has that bland Beige interiors. I think L&K model has those black and Grey interiors. Not sure though.

I believe all manufactures should provide Grey or Black color interiors as an option. Whenever I buy a car, I would be ready to pay 30-50k extra and even wait for a month or two for delivery if they have such option.

I don't know about cars above 20 grand, but below that I have not come across any manufacture in India that provides interiors color as an option. Some of them provide it as sport variant (Fiesta S and Cedia Sport etc.).

Do you guys know any one in India or Abroad who provides interior color as an option?
Old 15th September 2008, 19:53   #19
BHPian

I'd prefer grey anyday.
Biege gets dirty & so does black.
the black upholstery in my one month old Sift VDI is already dirty.
My Santo's grey fabric never looked dirty even after 2 years.
Old 15th September 2008, 19:58   #20
Senior - BHPian

I think beige looks great ... unless it is accompanied by cheap fake wooden look inserts.

Although, its a pain to maintain!!
Old 15th September 2008, 20:21   #21
Senior - BHPian

there is no satisfying some people :P
tata gives the diesel indica in black/grey, and people say taxicab interiors
they give the xeta in beige , and now you dont like that either.

so the vista is up in two tone. I wonder when you'll be able to get cars with rainbow coloured interiors
Old 15th September 2008, 20:25   #22
BHPian

luxury cars come with Black. I have seen Merc and VW cars with Blak interior
Old 15th September 2008, 20:37   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rach View Post
This is my first post here.
Welcome to t-bhp!

Quote:
I use to like interiors of Octavia with those Grey, Black and with small aluminum accents. I recently looked at one of my cousin's Laura Ambient, it has that bland Beige interiors.
I think you should have a look at the Octavia L&K interiors. If you still prefer the black and "aluminium" interiors of the regular Octy, then I will completely believe your statement. Just a personal opinion, I quite dislike those black Octy interiors.

Quote:
I think L&K model has those black and Grey interiors. Not sure though.
If you are talking about the Laura L&K, then yes, it is offered with either beige or black interiors (i.e. leather). Inspite of being a big fan of beige interiors, I personally don't like the Laura interiors (at all), because the beige is used thoughtlessly and there isn't any (acceptable and passable quality) faux wood trim to complement it.

Quote:
Do you guys know any one in India or Abroad who provides interior color as an option?
Pretty much everyone. Have a look at international car manufacturers' websites. Especially the configurators.

Last edited by FlyingSpur : 15th September 2008 at 20:44.
Old 15th September 2008, 20:45   #24
Senior - BHPian

I simply HATE beige interiors !!!!
Old 15th September 2008, 21:32   #25
Distinguished - BHPian

i like beige/off-white,etc lighter interiors because it is easy to tell whether the car is clean enough to travel in or not. i also don't like tints for the same reason.

dark interiors, dark tints and foul odour: remind of taxis abroad.

Indians prefer beige because we generally keep our cars clean - especially in the context of how people abuse cars abroad.
Old 15th September 2008, 23:38   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
A few Indian manufacturers offer varying interior finishes but always linked compulsorily with a variant.

Apart from the 'normal' beige interiors across all models, Ford offers a dark interior (grey/black/silver trim) with the Fiesta S while Mahindra offers a 'Black Allure' interior with the top VLX mHawk Scorpio and Mitsubishi offers black/'carbon fibre' look with the Cedia Sports.
mahindra offers it interiors colours according to the exterior colour! black allure which means black interiors with red stiching on steering, gear, etc and carbon fibre central console are provided with java brown, black and green scorpios. the white, rocky beige and silver mHawks gets beige interiors!
i dont think it is feasible for manufacturers to give us interior customisation options on such a small priced car, cost-wise... beacuse this means eating into their already small profit per car!
Old 16th September 2008, 01:33   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
Mahindra offers it interiors colours according to the exterior colour!
So does Skoda, for the Superb. Which is very annoying indeed. When I went into the showroom with my dad to check out the car, the sales guy informed us that only Exterior : Black would be matched with Interior : Beige. For the rest of the three colours i.e. Exterior : Gold/Silver/White, the interior trim and leather would be in black only. Reason given was that the car comes in kits from Germany and customization is not possible. Now that left us rather annoyed, because my father is not comfortable with black in any which way on any of his cars; neither the exterior, nor the interior.
Old 16th September 2008, 03:16   #28
Team-BHP Support

cream colour.

Beige is boring, and you're entitled to your opinion but I absolutely love it.

I think beige leather interiors look awesome when complemented by dark-brown (burl walnut, say the brochures) wood accents.

Though black interiors look stunning too, when complemented by either the dark (piano black, say the brochures) wood accents or the aluminium accents, I don't see myself selecting either on the options list.

Fake wood, fake aluminium (coloured plastic), and carbon fibre (real / fake) accents look cheap, and grey interiors are just depressing.

Some may have a white leather fetish, which, though it looks good in the show-room, is just too flashy and the worst choice for daily use in any country. Select this option only if your car is 1:18 scale and spends most of it's time in a show-case.
Old 16th September 2008, 03:38   #29
Team-BHP Support

I don't like beige or black interiors. The VW passat has one colour option called Anthracite, it's mix between beige and brown a very dark coffee colour and it looks smashing.

The other colour is the one available with the new A4. looks smashing.

beige fever-img_6356.jpg
Old 16th September 2008, 03:47   #30
HKP
BHPian

Poll?

I think we can have a POLL here about the preferred Interior color. A lot of people seems to dislike beige.

I don't know how to post a Poll though. Can someone do that.

\\hkp

Most Viewed