Team-BHP - Good time to buy the Alto?
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Good time to buy the Alto? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/45856-good-time-buy-alto.html)

Guys
Anybody looking to pick up a NEW second car, this would be the time. Maruti has dropped the rates on the alto to 2.5 lakhs (ex-chennai showrooms)...TIMES OF INDIA Sep 16, 2008
ALTERNATELY those looking to buy their first car, read this news as the Maruti's timing to bring in the A star....so hold your horses until Diwali.
Perfect timing of the announcement because it takes roughly a week to get the new car into the showroom
The drop in prices must be to eliminate idle stocks before the new car is launched.
Either way, must give it to Maruti. One proactive company.

~2.5lacs is the price to the Standard Alto. I don't think there is any discount in this deal.

What was the normal price? Is it made to look like beating the 2.66Lac of spark?

Yes, this may be due to the launching of A-Star. Good news is that a new car comes from Maruti stable. Bad news is that, it adds one more to the confusion. :)

as pitrapaksh [ i don't know othername] started on 14th, vehicle puchase slowdown or it is negligible for next 15 days. companies offer best discount in this period.

Quote:

Originally Posted by blue_pulsar (Post 979408)
~2.5lacs is the price to the Standard Alto. I don't think there is any discount in this deal.

The advertisement says 2.56 lacs and is valid for the next 4 days. It is the Alto LXI and not the standard Alto. Its about roughly 20 K discount.

Although not direct competition the Nano will create ripples (if not shockwaves) to other cars especially into the lowest segments a la 800, Spark, Alto. Of course all these are much better specified cars but the nano is pretty good on space & mileage stakes. Even if they cant produce enough to quench the thirst I expect other makers to start reacting.

Also the year end will definitely slow down sales as most people will put of their purchase for the new year. So as the months go by expect prices to drop and discounts to rise.

A 2 Lac Alto cheers: What say Maruti!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by diwa (Post 979753)
The advertisement says 2.56 lacs and is valid for the next 4 days. It is the Alto LXI and not the standard Alto. Its about roughly 20 K discount.

Are you sure? I bought my AltoLXi in Feb06 at 3.04 lakhs ex showroom (3.54 lakhs on road).
It is a good discount then.

Abhi

I guess there is still a lot of room for Alto even after Nano is rolled out. I am planning to buy a car in another 8-10 months and even with Nano out, I would consider opting for Alto (or the newer A-Star) if it's around 3L on road. I feel that Alto would be a lot safer/stable as compared to a Nano.

Quote:

Originally Posted by akroy (Post 980001)
Are you sure? I bought my AltoLXi in Feb06 at 3.04 lakhs ex showroom (3.54 lakhs on road).
It is a good discount then.

Abhi

Abhi, the present price for LXi is 3.2x OTR. Guess there were many price cuts after you bought.

There sure was!

I got mine, LXi metallic, for 3.45 OTR on Feb '05!

IMO, it is a good discount if at all it is launched in Bangalore. People can definately grab this. But it also depends on lot of other things like what all the other things you are getting along with this? Like in the spark is provided with extended warranty free of cost. Is this applicable to this? Are you getting any freebies along with this? One needs to work out in tatality and then decide whether it is a good deal...

Alto's prices dropped.....is this maruti's plan to clear the alto stock so that the yet to be released A-star sales chart does not get affected.

Hmm...from some angles this does not make sense.

Maruti A-Star was supposed to be:
-Priced at least 40-50 k higher than Alto
-Not going to replace Alto (in India), instead sold as a next step up model from Alto

So why would Maruti want to get rid of Alto stocks before the A-Star launch?

Looks like a discount due to Pitra paksh mas & surprisngly it is for the LXi & not the standard one.

A star would be segment higher so this isnt due to Astar also this is only for 4 days.

Good time to buy the Alto?-alto.png

Automakers call this a lull period in sales and almost all manufacturers will be giving some discounts/freebies with most of their common models. The Economic Times (17th Sept) talks about maruti slashing 12-13 % prices with attrative loan interest rates (3-4% lower than normal). I guess this move is to boost sales and maybe as a lot of you have pointed out, make way for the A-Star. Whatever the reason, the common man is getting a better deal, so hurrah! :)