Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th December 2008, 08:04   #106
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sathyaprakash View Post
I dont see much drive pleasure in the chennai bumper to bumper traffic can u explain the drive pleasure? so that i can also enjoy it

I thought we were discussing SX4. probably MTC can help your drive
Old 8th December 2008, 08:06   #107
Senior - BHPian

Folks this thread is going nowhere

Lets stick to facts - its very much of a fact that SX4 sales is down pretty much from what it enjoyed sometime back. And if the sales have to drop by a good margin there should be a reason to it.

Maybe its the efficiency. But, I doubt it would be the fun to drive factor. I have driven it in city and on highways and thought it was a good car to drive. but them mebbe i am easily pleased.
Old 8th December 2008, 09:33   #108
BHPian

maybe its time for a face-lift to rejuvenate sales . also there will be the effect of the recession and the nnhc on the sales . also with the linea around the corner the new customers mightwant to wait and take a look at it too.

why dose'nt mul explore the possibility of selling the notchback version. it would be a great niche market if priced sensibily.

should'nt mul be riding on the wrc bandwagon and launch a rightly priced sport model with a little more power output ( app 20 bhp more ) and a lowered suspension of around 24 mm.
Old 8th December 2008, 10:35   #109
BHPian

I read somewere int the TBHP thread that Sx4 was going to have GPS system. Any updates about this? May be this will help for the sales?
Old 8th December 2008, 10:45   #110
Senior - BHPian

Cars in the class where SX4 belongs do not consistently sell big numbers. I don't think people in India change their cars so often. The second hand market is not large for this reason.
Old 8th December 2008, 10:55   #111
BHPian

Sorry but couldent resist myself from putting in my comments, i just got myself a SX4 Zxi and drove it all the way from Indore to Mumbai 550+kms the car behaved very well and the performance was also neat, its a very well packaged car and more VFM than a Honda City or any other in this segment, this is my personnel view about the SX4 maybe wrong or right but dont care as the SX4 is here with me to stay for long.
Old 8th December 2008, 12:48   #112
BHPian

I think maruti instead of basking in the early days of very good numbers from SX4 should have had a comprehensive plan to rolling out the SX4 Diesel in 18 months. All said and done this segment esp the petrol buyers are very very biased towards Honda, some may call it a ripoff but from what we have seen with the ford fiesta, SX4 the dent in City's sales have not sustained beyond the initial launch period of these products.
Old 8th December 2008, 13:49   #113
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sathyaprakash View Post
I dont see much drive pleasure in the chennai bumper to bumper traffic can u explain the drive pleasure? so that i can also enjoy it
Well sathya, SX4 in Chennai traffic was a pleasure - people just gave way when it was driven a bit aggressively!

Driving Pleasure - hmm, on the highway, well, drive a Fiesta 1.6/Swift Petrol (with non-stock tyres!)/Ikon 1.6/Palio 1.6/OHC/NHC VTec at 140-170 kmph and you'd know precisely what I'm talking about. The engine sounds buzzy, loud and un-sporty, there's the feeling of pushing too much bulk, the wind insulation is not perfect..also small up-and-down movements that affect the composure. But the brakes are magnificent.

agree, a great VFM sedan that deserves better. cheers:
Old 8th December 2008, 18:36   #114
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mail4loys View Post

I thought we were discussing SX4. probably MTC can help your drive

Thanks, I know now what your driving to get drive pleasure i thought this a car thread not for MTC drivers pls put ur comments in commercial thread.
Old 8th December 2008, 19:03   #115
BANNED

Note from the Team-BHP Support Staff :

Your post has been deleted. Personal attacks on fellow BHPians are STRICTLY prohibited on Team-BHP. All members are part of the Team-BHP family and any discriminating or derogatory comment is uncalled for.

We advise you to read the Announcements and Board Rules section before proceeding any further.

Last edited by Mpower : 8th December 2008 at 22:35.
Old 8th December 2008, 22:52   #116
BHPian

romeomidhun - for your post, i had written a very good reply but mods deleted your post, so no point of hitting back with the ans. lol stop comparing other cars with SX4 blindly and epecially the cars which is not even there in it's class (C-Segments). You know what i'm talking about.
Old 8th December 2008, 23:52   #117
Senior - BHPian

Its a fact that the sales are impacted. Some of it is also from the G3HC. But we cannot blame the product for that. SX4, as a product is good. What is lacks is a good diesel. SX4 is basically a softroader and is heavy. For its footwear and bulk, the efficiency is good from M16A, but not as good as lets say G3HC. Those who are not buying petrol cars do have other options like Verna and Fiesta. Take the Verna and Fiesta diesel out of the sales equation and one will come to know how much diesel motors are contributing to their sales.

The issues of build quality of SX4 were reported on various locations, but from what I have talked with owners ( Vadodara has very bad roads ), the issue is not present. Also the Indian car buying public's thinking is not quite easily understandable above the hatchback segment.

There are many other cars that have also failed. From almost every manufacturer.
I think that Maruti should now procure a 1.5 diesel with VGT for this car. May be even 90 bhp Swift motor will work. This will bring the sales back on track and for long. There is no need of facelift as of now.

I believe this thread is heading into a negative direction and it is leading to Maruti VS Hyundai brand. We are no longer discussing, but now are rather arguing.
@mods : Lock the thread ?

Last edited by aaggoswami : 8th December 2008 at 23:54.
Old 9th December 2008, 00:04   #118
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gangsta View Post
No Matter how hard you push the car, you will get the same figures? Think again what you are writing, redlining the car and you will get the same figures? Talk something real mate and come out of your dreamworld of pushing SX4 hard and getting 12-13 kmpl in cities. If your SX4 gives this much then i think you have some different kind of SX4 which maruti suzuki made only for you.
Noway you will get 12-13 kmpl pushing SX4 hard in cities.

May be i'm wrong, so any other SX4 owner in here getting 12-13 kmpl pushing their SX4 hard in cities? If others are getting it too then may be i'm wrong. lol
Why is it so hard for you to believe that figure? May I ask, do you own one? If your answer is NO, then its simple... don't make a self imposed conclusion... you are a smart guy enough to understand that when I say, push the car, it means driving enthusiatically at a higher speed that the roads allow..not redlining the car... And, please don't teach me what's my dream world should be... and speaking about my dream world (and NOT boasting around!) I love cars of every shape and size and that fact shows in my home garage - a second hand civic with soon to be mugenized, and a palio that looks hotter than my girl friend, and of course, an SX4 that irks you and others.. god knows, what is with these people.. If someone praise and claims certain things about his/her car, why are there people ready to ambush and put down outright without much counter substances..Brothers, it is very simple.. if you don't like the car, please don't buy it.. afterall its your money.. And of course, you are entitled to your opinions for sure, but PLEASE DO NOT just write without substances only to drive the point that what I and others have bought is a JUNK! BTW, I am gifting off my SX4 to my younger bro who just happened to finish his masters.. so, lurking my eyes on LINEA MJD as well for day to day running!! cheers:

Quote:
So what if you are registered here long back? If you are registered long back means you will always be right? Stop behaving like a 12 year old school boy and talk some sense.
Well, if you don't get what I meant, I am sorry I can't help you.. Please review the lines I have put up so that you come to realize that I was referring to the OTHER GUY who happened to be senior member of this forum, and who all started writing up things purly on assumptions (and from journos sources that "he heard from"). After that, YES, I will agree with you, and say "Stop behaving like a 12 year old school boy and talk some sense."

PEACE WITH ALL and happy motoring!

Last edited by iTNerd : 9th December 2008 at 00:11.
Old 9th December 2008, 00:15   #119
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iTNerd View Post
Why is it so hard for you to believe that figure? May I ask, do you own one? If your answer is NO, then its simple... don't make a self imposed conclusion...
lolz i think i know people in real too who drive the car slowly and they are not getting more than 10 kmpl. Also, people in here too never claimed anything like 12-13 kmpl pushing the car harder. What if you drive the car normally? 50-60 kmph ... you will get 15+ kmpl ?

Even at high speeds.. lol what high speed you are talking about? 140-150-160 kmph? Come on man, talk some sense. How you will get almost the same mileage when you are driving the car 50-60 kmph or high speeds 120-130-140 kmph?

Please explain me the funda of getting the same mileage.

See, i told ya you have a flying machine which maruti suzuki made a single car only for you in which no matter how you drive, you will get same mileage.

BTW do you have outskirts on your SX4? Also do you visit Noida DND regularly? because i think i had seen your car few times on DND flyover.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iTNerd View Post
Well, if you don't get what I meant, I am sorry I can't help you.. Please review the lines I have put up so that you come to realize that I was referring to the OTHER GUY who happened to be senior member of this forum, and who all started writing up things purly on assumptions (and from journos sources that "he heard from").
aah! my mistake. i read the previous lines again.

Last edited by Gangsta : 9th December 2008 at 00:18.
Old 9th December 2008, 12:28   #120
BANNED

Quote:
Note from the Team-BHP Support Staff :

Your post has been deleted.
Sorry, my comments were not to hurt anyone. Was a reaction to one, who, I think, tries to blindly promote/demote some cars. No offenses meant.

Last edited by romeomidhun : 9th December 2008 at 12:30.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks