Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th September 2008, 16:02   #1
BHPian

What Car Warranty!!

Yesterday saw this ad on Auto India of Sep issue.
Auto India's another magazine, What Car has tied up with "Corporate Warranty" a company that provides warranty on vehicles, very similar to extended warranty.

The claim here is, there are 3 packages on offer (Silver, Gold and Diamond).
And each scheme has various level of cover for the car.
it is claimed that, this warranty a first in India would cover maintainance and cost incurred on defect.
This warranty can be signed-up for any brand/model (with a conditions apply in fine print).

And then I called up their hot line number, and the person on the other side quoted me Rs.13k for 2yr/40000km and 8k for 1yr/20000km for Skoda Laura.

What i figured out from the short discussion I had with this person over phone, is that, they decide premium for warranty based on the following factors:
- Diesel or Petrol
- CC of the engine (higher the cc, higher the premium)
- Size of the car, and probably make as well.

Any one else here have any experience with such extended warranties?
Please comment.
For further details, please see below link.
Welcome to
anandbhat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th September 2008, 19:28   #2
Senior - BHPian

What junk website man. In today's day and age, how unforgivable is it for a company to have a testimonial page linked to:
file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/Bhawesh%20Anand/Desktop/New%20Site%20Folder/warranty%20direct/What%20Customer%20Says.htm
file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/Bhawesh%20Anand/Desktop/New%20Site%20Folder/warranty%20direct/CONTACT.HTM
file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/Bhawesh%20Anand/Desktop/New%20Site%20Folder/warranty%20direct/Warranty%20Direct%20Silver%20Coverage.htm
file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/Bhawesh%20Anand/Desktop/New%20Site%20Folder/warranty%20direct/Warranty%20Direct%20Gold%20Coverage.htm

I would say STAY AWAY from someone who are private, charge a decent amount, and have a website like that amateur junk!
Old 18th September 2008, 19:42   #3
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
And then I called up their hot line number, and the person on the other side quoted me Rs.13k for 2yr/40000km and 8k for 1yr/20000km for Skoda Laura.
6.5K / year is dirt cheap for a Laura! Awesome pricing. If they can deliver on their promises, and offer a high level of customer service, this is definitely a winner for cars that don't come with extended warranty from the manufacturer. Maruti, Hyundai, Tata, Honda etc. offer extended coverage on their cars. So warrantydirect's target market is limited to Toyota, Skoda, Benz and probably a handful of other cars in India.

P.S. : I hope their two rupee website is not a sign of things to come. Long time since I saw such an amateurish website.
Old 18th September 2008, 20:04   #4
Senior - BHPian

Agreed, the website is horrible.

But one really wonders how trust able/dependable this company is. If it is indeed good, then its a beautiful concept and will find a lot of business soon.
Old 18th September 2008, 20:32   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
6.5K / year is dirt cheap for a Laura! Awesome pricing. If they can deliver on their promises, and offer a high level of customer service, this is definitely a winner for cars that don't come with extended warranty from the manufacturer. Maruti, Hyundai, Tata, Honda etc. offer extended coverage on their cars. So warrantydirect's target market is limited to Toyota, Skoda, Benz and probably a handful of other cars in India.

P.S. : I hope their two rupee website is not a sign of things to come. Long time since I saw such an amateurish website.
rofl! That website looked like a joke

On a more serious note - I dont think this company will keep their promise in the unlikely event of something going wrong.
some car manufacturer even dont honor warranty on defective cars that they sell dont think this new company can do much.

OT
Gto lets pray that your new website doesnt end up like this
Old 18th September 2008, 20:40   #6
Senior - BHPian

Are you sure thats the real site?
Its the heights of amateur web design
Old 18th September 2008, 20:48   #7
evo
BHPian

it seems like a glorified insurance to me. But I have a Skoda, so anything is better than just hoping that the service centre doesnt cheat me. Its from Autocar so comes with some pedigree, though the website etc dont instill much hope.
I`m hoping these guys get their act together soon!
Old 18th September 2008, 21:36   #8
BHPian

Ad published in Autocar India -
Attached Thumbnails
What Car Warranty!!-warranty.jpg  

-GS- is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th September 2008, 22:33   #9
BHPian

Did anyone notice that only the Buy Online link is actually working? Looks like a fly by night job to me.

Cheers,

Rajan
Old 19th September 2008, 04:03   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
What junk website man. In today's day and age, how unforgivable is it for a company to have a testimonial page linked to:
file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/Bhawesh%20Anand/Desktop/New%20Site%20Folder/warranty%20direct/What%20Customer%20Says.htm
file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/Bhawesh%20Anand/Desktop/New%20Site%20Folder/warranty%20direct/CONTACT.HTM
file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/Bhawesh%20Anand/Desktop/New%20Site%20Folder/warranty%20direct/Warranty%20Direct%20Silver%20Coverage.htm
file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/Bhawesh%20Anand/Desktop/New%20Site%20Folder/warranty%20direct/Warranty%20Direct%20Gold%20Coverage.htm

I would say STAY AWAY from someone who are private, charge a decent amount, and have a website like that amateur junk!
O MY GWAD!!!
I can't believe that AutoCar will advertise this website in their books - I respect them beyond that!

I was thinking of getting this, but would like to know if anyone has a firsthand experience!
Old 19th September 2008, 08:55   #11
Senior - BHPian

At least the girl is pretty!!! Don't know about the warranty part.
Old 19th September 2008, 09:59   #12
BHPian

What would happen if the company disapper after taking our money for extended warranty? Will we be able to approach law ?
Old 19th September 2008, 11:53   #13
BHPian

wouldnt it be better if we can contact Warranty Direct and ask them if they have any sort of tie up?
Old 19th September 2008, 14:45   #14
Senior - BHPian

Gregory,

should you have read my post, the CONTACT page is itself wrong. You want us to call up their ISP, requisition owner number etyadi?
Old 19th September 2008, 14:48   #15
BHPian

Update:

The links now seem to be working. I dont know if the company will succeed or not but I can sure bet that one Mr.Bhawesh Anand is out there looking for a job, unless he is the web-designer cum owner of the company.

Cheers,

Rajan

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks