Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th September 2008, 17:59   #166
Senior - BHPian

Wrt pricing and specs, I think this is the first car that Honda has got spot on. I am definitely game for test driving it and if found to my tastes, this will be a serious contender for my next car, my diesel fetish not-withstanding.
Old 25th September 2008, 18:00   #167

I am little disappointed with the ANHC though it seems of a class above the present NHC.I was waiting for its launch but it is beyond my streched budget.I enquired Honda dealer they are giving the NHC Exi ONR @ 7.25 lacs with lesser loan interest.Is it a good buy, considering my other option would be to go for Fiesta TDCi Zxi @ 7.95 ONR? Considering the after sales value the City seems to pay back to lost money in the form of petrol running cost.My run is 1600 to 1700km/month.
Please advice.
Old 25th September 2008, 18:20   #168
BHPian

City is priced perfect.. it will kill SX4 , Cedia even Altis sales (although higher segment). But why no fog lamps in the indian version and the bling alloys seen on thai versions.
Old 25th September 2008, 18:22   #169
BHPian

Just sent an email to Honda India, thanking them for pricing the HC3 competitively and most importantly offering Airbags and ABS standard on all versions.

SX4 is soon going to soon see a price cut.
Linea & Fiat mgmt are currently waiting to board the first Alitalia flight back to Italy
Old 25th September 2008, 18:39   #170
BHPian

The new city is fab.. The E variant was a surprise... For once, Honda got their pricing right. But I feel this City is a class above the competition. I guess people who are hard pressed on interest rates might go in for the City as compared to the Civic, Altis. I think the C segment can now be named as City Segment. Will be interesting to note the numbers of other cars in the seg starting Dec. Its gonna rain City's now. The E variant is the one that will cream the sales I guess.

I think Honda will never bring in the City with temp indicators. But I guess no one is even bothered.
Old 25th September 2008, 18:56   #171
BHPian

Whoa what a stunner. I absolutely hated the current version of the city. This one looks NEAT. Good job Honda. I am sure the 118ps engine is going to be a monstrous one.

How do you guys think this wil affect the new Altis?
Old 25th September 2008, 19:09   #172
BHPian

The City is back. This is instant death for other competition.

I wonder how the brand positioning of the Civic is justified now.

Last edited by salilpawar1 : 25th September 2008 at 19:12.
Old 25th September 2008, 19:18   #173
BHPian

None of the models seem to have both front and rear disk brakes the NHC (or G2) VTEC has both front and rear disk brakes.

I have always read, braking has been the weak point of Hondas. Would have been nice to get all 4 disks.

Rajesh C
Old 25th September 2008, 19:18   #174
Senior - BHPian

Melds the best of the OHC, NHC and Civic doesn't it?
The fuel efficiency of the NHC, the power and sportiness of the OHC/Civic and the safety features of the Civic.
IMHO this car is a huge threat to the Civic, especially with someone like me who owns the NHC. My logic has always been - what more does the Civic give me over the NHC? More power, AT with paddle shifters and safety features - which are useless (except ABS) if it's driven mostly in urban areas by a chauffeur. On the other hand, the NHC has about as much leg room as the Civic, is more fuel efficient and has a bigger boot.
The ANHC retains all the advantages of the NHC while adding those of the Civic - in one package. Good show Honda.
For me, Honda has taken away the reasons to buy a Civic.
Old 25th September 2008, 20:22   #175
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Just sent an email to Honda India, thanking them for pricing the HC3 competitively and most importantly offering Airbags and ABS standard on all versions.

SX4 is soon going to soon see a price cut.
Linea & Fiat mgmt are currently waiting to board the first Alitalia flight back to Italy
ONLY if Alitalia lives to take off after a month!

It seems the italian no longer wish to fight it out on products/services that has too many competition... As long as they produce legendary brands such as Ferrari, Giorgio Armani, monica bellucci etc, they can happily stay content and enjoy beers cheers:
Old 25th September 2008, 20:38   #176
BHPian

Looks like a very very good value proposition from Honda. One thing I noticed, for which we should be very grateful to Honda.....they have not given this new city with the absolutely HORRIBLE fake wood interiors on the NHC. Thank God for small mercies.
Old 25th September 2008, 21:05   #177
GTO
Team-BHP Support

I am truly impressed with the way that Honda has positioned the new City. It seems to pick up the best from the previous two generations. The proportionate design is a giant leap ahead from the quirky (IMO ugly) NHC. And who's complaining with 116 horses on tap? I am willing to bet that this engine will be a delight to high-revv too.

ABS + Airbags as standard across the range is fantastic; after all, we could use all the safety we can get with our pathetic road infrastructure. I'd still give the SX4 credit for redefining the value + equipment level of the C segment. Such a move also shows that our market has matured way beyond where it was 2 years back. If Honda is fitting ABS + Airbags as standard, it is because customers are demanding the same (not to mention the additional profits).

This will be yet another City that emerges as the best seller from its segment. But Honda ought to offer a smaller engine too. Not everyone is looking for power and would willing compromise on 20 BHP for better FE + a lower price.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shazikon View Post
City is priced perfect.. it will kill SX4 , Cedia even Altis sales (although higher segment). But why no fog lamps in the indian version and the bling alloys seen on thai versions.
Not only the Altis, but even the Civic will be affected by the new City.
Old 25th September 2008, 21:34   #178
Senior - BHPian

I am impressed that Wall Street Journal has chosen to report the launch in its website. Talks volumes about emergence of India as a significant automobile market.
Honda Unveils New Version Of City Model in India - WSJ.com
Old 25th September 2008, 21:35   #179
BHPian

I seriously think this is fantastic pricing.

The new city is now going to give a lot of cars a lot of issues with their sales.

- Fiesta 1.6 S
- Verna
- SX4
- Cedia
- Fabia (Elegance variant)
Very exciting "car pricing and discounting" times ahead !!

Good Luck to Linea, if they ever launch it
Old 25th September 2008, 21:35   #180
Team-BHP Support

Amazing to see the acceptance among the members here! Personally, i myself just loved the looks of the all-new City, when we first saw the spy pics, and now the equipment levels they are offerring as standard is worth applauding. The NHC was something that would never figure on my shopping list (if i had the money!), but this one's different.

Just goes to show we dont go by just a brand, but more on what's being offerred.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks