Old 27th September 2008, 14:59   #286

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.gupta88 View Post
EX Showroom Prices Delhi :

1.5E MT ( 7,70,000 )
1.5S MT ( 8,20,000 )
1.5S AT ( 8,70,000 )

No Test Drive car or display car in Delhi till October Mid
Deliveries of Car start November (1st week)
This is unfair to other parts of country. Why cant government keep the prices of same item uniform across the country.
Old 27th September 2008, 17:03   #287
Max
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashishn View Post
This is unfair to other parts of country. Why cant government keep the prices of same item uniform across the country.
different states have different tax structure hence price variation in different states. Maharashtra charge higher taxes then delhi, hence verything is more expensive in Maharashtra.
Old 27th September 2008, 17:31   #288
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max View Post
different states have different tax structure hence price variation in different states. Maharashtra charge higher taxes then delhi, hence verything is more expensive in Maharashtra.
Max,
I guess that's what ashish wants. Similar tax structures across the country!
Old 27th September 2008, 17:43   #289

We have been waiting for so long on a new Sedan and narrowed down on SX4 for few months and waiting for this launch.

Dad went to Honda dealer today and booked 1.5E MT. Advance of $50,000 was paid. We are second in line in HYDERABAD.

OTR price 8,90,000

Car delivery expected during 1st week of November....
Old 27th September 2008, 18:00   #290
BHPian

FE was one of the strong points of NHC. Any pointers on the FE of ANHC?

They have increased the power of the engine, increased wheel base, weight, turning radius etc. all of which may have some impact on FE. I hope Honda has been considerate here.
Old 27th September 2008, 18:29   #291
BHPian

guzzler..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Path_Finder View Post

They have increased the power of the engine, increased wheel base, weight, turning radius etc. all of which may have some impact on FE. I hope Honda has been considerate here.
IMHO looking at all versions of the honda city(OHC type I, II, NHC) Honda will keep up with their image of being one of the most FE car in this segment. With increase in weight there has been and increase in power so i think it should be a pretty balanced deal. A guzzler will just cut off some brownie points
Old 27th September 2008, 19:39   #292
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajen83 View Post
I too second that opinion. I guess everyone was so expecting honda to price it above 10L. As soon as it turned out below expectations ... ppl reached euphoric levels.
In actuality nothing has changed.

I compared on-road prices (12% tax) ....
NHC GXi - 8.76L
ANHC E - 9.2L
Extra bucks being charged for ABS and Airbags.
Well Honda will have some premium. But the comparison beween NHC GXi and ANHC E is a misnomer. You forgot the VTEC engine, and much better driving dynamics in the new car (ACI report), 15" wheels and 14" front discs among other things...
Old 27th September 2008, 20:11   #293
BHPian

Why to compare

NHC GXi with ANHC E , it should be lower end to lower end i.e exi to E.

Also regarding i-vetc , is there anything new in this i-vect(1.5L) compared to ivtec in civic (1.8L), CR-V(2.0/2.4L)?

I donn't think those engines are known for their FE's,(Yes they are good but FE is not their trump card ) so how come 1.5L ivetc is going to give similar milage like idsi?
Old 27th September 2008, 22:34   #294
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Quote:
I donn't think those engines are known for their FE's,(Yes they are good but FE is not their trump card ) so how come 1.5L ivetc is going to give similar milage like idsi?
Some thai forums were reporting an initial FE of 11-12 kmpl in city run on the manual transmission.. so, considering the indian roads and traffic condition (which is far worse than those in SouthEast Asia), I would assume a decent 10-11 kmpl FE on city driving, which I think is a reasonable number considering that it has 116 bhp, 15" tyres, and increased kerb weight etc.. but what remains is how Honda would entice average FE concised Indians to sell the car.
Old 27th September 2008, 23:29   #295
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrishig View Post
Why to compare

NHC GXi with ANHC E , it should be lower end to lower end i.e exi to E.

Also regarding i-vetc , is there anything new in this i-vect(1.5L) compared to ivtec in civic (1.8L), CR-V(2.0/2.4L)?

As per ACI, Honda claims that they have refined iVTEC technology wherein its FE is comparable to iDSI. So, I guess it would be marginally lower than iDSI.
Old 28th September 2008, 00:53   #296
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by balaji_n29 View Post
118ps is awesome. Hats off to Honda. Now that is what a Honda car should be like.. 5.0m turning radius is unbeleivable!!!! Will be very interesting to note the dimensions of this machine..

While the specs look awesome, pricing will be the most interesting point. At 8.5L ex-showroom Delhi I really don't think this will burn the sales chart. Even in the NHC the VTEC was not a hot seller.

As far as the alloys are concerned I think Honda will bring it in their 15th anniv edition :-)
I agree with u. Thats wat my feeling is. In bangalore, it would be 9.9 lAKHS for the MT ! I believe, its very close to D segment. It definitely doesnt belong to C segment.
Makes me think, does it really sell like hot cakes?? My answer is NO.
Yes it would do numbers better than the existing Vtec..
Old 28th September 2008, 07:33   #297
BHPian

So if we run the numbers

The manual transmition comparison between the new city and old city shows that OTR wise there is difference of 80k. Through corporate discounts you can get discount upto 40k on GXI. So in total the actual price difference is 1.2lkh OTR between the old and new one.

I think this will make sure that resell of the curent GXi will not take a major hit for 2-3 years as new one is already priced higher OTR.
Old 28th September 2008, 08:32   #298
BHPian

The pricing and FE discussions will be more meaningful, once we get test drive reports. Till then its not apple to apple comparison in that sense.
Old 28th September 2008, 11:29   #299
Senior - BHPian

As of now, the new City has been launched but not available. Honda is still advertising for the old City with perhaps more discounts.
Old 28th September 2008, 20:20   #300
BHPian

Just saw an ad of ANHC in CNBC channel. Car looks great in the ad...

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks