Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 30th September 2008, 21:02   #376
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorp 1 View Post
men are gone. boys are back.
I could not control my laughter. It's an awesome tag line. Methinks, you should send it to Honda India...

Cheers,
Jai
Old 30th September 2008, 21:04   #377
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
yes they do turn with the steering wheel so its easy to change even on ghat roads.
Well...is it?

In fact as Guna mentioned, this will actually make manual shifting in ghats very very cumbersome.

And that's why I hate paddles and love the DSG in Laura, where you can manually shift the gears simply by tapping the gear lever by your left hand. On hair-pin bends (like we have here in Konkan), the gear changing posture remains constant independent of the curve.
Old 30th September 2008, 21:06   #378
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandpadhye View Post
Well...is it?

In fact as Guna mentioned, this will actually make manual shifting in ghats very very cumbersome.

And that's why I hate paddles and love the DSG in Laura, where you can manually shift the gears simply by tapping the gear lever by your left hand. On hair-pin bends (like we have here in Konkan), the gear changing posture remains constant independent of the curve.
well it depends what sorta ghat roads. if its hairpin bends then yeah it will be tough but if the roads have nice long winding curves it will be easy with your hands at the 9 and 3 position.
Old 30th September 2008, 21:22   #379
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by trrk View Post
Hi Arun,

A little off topic here.

> It's also smart enough to hold the car on an incline.

All ATs do that. But please put your right foot on the brake when on an incline.
Well, "The Moar You Know..."

I was on the brakes and when I slowly lifted my foot, to my pleasant surprise, it held. It's discovering these little things that makes it so much fun
Old 30th September 2008, 23:01   #380
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurningHeart View Post
Auto and others,

The report from Pete has that statement but unfortunately misleading. I believe he was trying to use the paddles when he was in D mode. If you want to have fun on the ghats, move to S mode and then you can switch gears as you want.

So with 5AT, you actually can drive it like an MT car whenever you want. I have been really thinking about for sometime. Dual personality! Sounds very exciting!!

BH.
That's strange, would a person of Peter's calibre know this and use the S mode ?

2009 Honda City - Test Drive Report | bkkAutos.com
Old 30th September 2008, 23:12   #381
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by freddie View Post
Haven't test driven the car as yet to voice my (personal) intricate feelings for the New City but upfront Yes! that is my immediate grouse - NO Climate Control. Damn!!! Honda what were you folks thinking...

Cars like the Swift, Dzire, Verna, SX4 all sport Climate Control...
Yes many unfortunate folks like us who may pick up the ANHC this year end will only the unfortunate experience when Honda decides to offer ACC on their models in a years time or as a festival bonus and that too at the same price.
Old 30th September 2008, 23:38   #382
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by autoenthusiast View Post
That's strange, would a person of Peter's calibre know this and use the S mode ?

Sorry, the above "That's strange, would a person of Peter's calibre know this and use the S mode ?" should actually be "That's strange, wouldn't a person of Peter's calibre know this and use the S mode ?"
Old 1st October 2008, 00:09   #383
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by autoenthusiast View Post

the article in the above given link has the following text regarding brakes:

"Brakes

The brakes are typical "small car" brakes. There is very little feel to them at first, and then suddenly the bite hard. Eventually I got the hang of things, but even still, there isn't the gradual feel present in larger cars. Still, the City has discs all round, and the V and SV come with ABS, EBD and BA.
"

I suppose the Indian version has rear drum brakes.. Always a compromise for us Indians?
Old 1st October 2008, 02:23   #384
abk
BHPian

Folks, has anybody paid any attention to the fog lamps of the all new honda city? The list of features listed on hondacarindia website does not state fog lamps Remarkably, most of the pics of the exterior seem to suggest they do not come fitted (at least in the version displayed in the images) except one close up where there is a faint hint of its existence. The pictures of the Thailand City have fog lamps displayed.

I hope it is only me and the ANHC does come fitted with fog lamps at least S (xT) versions
Old 1st October 2008, 05:47   #385
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abk View Post
Folks, has anybody paid any attention to the fog lamps of the all new honda city? The list of features listed on hondacarindia website does not state fog lamps Remarkably, most of the pics of the exterior seem to suggest they do not come fitted (at least in the version displayed in the images) except one close up where there is a faint hint of its existence. The pictures of the Thailand City have fog lamps displayed.

I hope it is only me and the ANHC does come fitted with fog lamps at least S (xT) versions
FOGS, alloys, ACC are all missing on the ANHC - not mentioned means it is not there - may be they will throw in some of these as additions after some time i.e. after the die hard fans would have sunk their money
Old 1st October 2008, 09:50   #386
BHPian

Similar to Thailand, they may later come out with a V or SV model which includes all the goodies such as Alloys, fog lamps, leather seats etc. But the pricing could be a problem and will well encroach into Civic territory. So they may launch a face-lifted Civic first and then the ANHC V and SV trims.
Old 1st October 2008, 09:59   #387
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorp 1 View Post
drool machine. men are gone. boys are back.

But Men will be Men. Let boys play with toys..

cheers:
Old 1st October 2008, 10:26   #388
BHPian

stop the shayari competition boys/men

ok - i went to the deccan honda in bangy as a friend wanted to know about the anhc. The top end anhc will be 10.4 on road (20k less than the current vtec) and exi/gxi will stay as they cater to a different segment.
Also they said you expect some deals on the current city, as they have a few in stock.
The ANHC bookings are already being taken and they have booked few in the last 3-4 days, delivery will turn on post diwali.
Old 1st October 2008, 11:06   #389

Hey guys. This is my first post in this website. Have been actively following this thread for some time now. I have been searching for the perfect C segment sedan since the last 2 month.

Started with SX4. Wow, what a car and at what a price. Little problems but who cares with ABS, EBD, ACC .......... all there.

Then came the city. Went to the honda dealer yesterday(Kolkata) to get a general feel of things. Took a test drive on the old VTECH plus for overall Honda quality and decided then an there its going to be the ANHC for me. Only worry being Honda service outside big cities.

I willl be staying in Kharagpur(120 kms fom Kolkata) and will be travelling to Kolkata during the weekends. So if anything happens either in Kharagpur or in the highway I am worried if the Honda people will drag themselves down there to cover their 2+2 year warranty and roadside assistance. Any advice regarding this by existing owners ae welcome.

I am wondering, with Maruti sevice at every corner, I may have discarded the SX4 too soon.
Old 1st October 2008, 16:43   #390
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecotech View Post
Started with SX4.....
I am wondering ... I may have discarded the SX4 too soon.
ecotech, SX4 is a great car, just that NHC VTEC is much better.
If your budget can stretch beyond 8.5/9, it's very apt to discard the SX4.
With Honda, be assured there's never going to be any midway marooning.
SX4 was NHCs competitor. With ANHC, it won't be anymore.

Most Viewed