Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th October 2008, 01:26   #466

All you want to know about the new i-vtech and FE

Check this out. All you want to know about the new i-vtech and its FE.

17.2 -19.6 km/lt !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/iipcache/130166.jpg

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/iipcache/130167.jpg

New FIT/JAZZ L-Series i-VTEC Engines The new (2nd generation) Honda Fit was just launched in Japan for the JDM in October during the Tokyo Motor Show. This amazing little car will now be making its way outside of Japan and to the rest of the world from next month onwards. For Asia, it will continue to be called the Honda Jazz and will be launched starting in Thailand and thereafter across the rest of Asia next year.
This new Fit comes with either of two 'new' engines, actually a development of the engines that powers the outgoing 1st generation model. They are the 1.3l L13A SOHC i-VTEC and the 1.5l L15A SOHC i-VTEC. The new L13A has discarded the i-DSI technology in favour of i-VTEC and delivers the superior low-rpm torque of its predecessor along with a lot more power in the high rpm range, as well as enhanced fuel economy in everyday driving. It is now 16-valves in configuration, still SOHC but features enhanced intake performance and DBW (drive-by-wire) and delivers a max power of 73kW (100ps), 14ps or 16% more power than the outgoing L13A i-DSI. Using the 12V/16V VTEC implementaion and new ECU tuning helps it deliver this max power along with a class-leading 24km/l in fuel economy (Japan 10.15 rating).
The new 1.5l L15A SOHC i-VTEC delivers superior fuel economy combined with good torque throughout the rpm range. Using the 'power SOHC VTEC' technology first used on the D15B engines of the 5th generation (1991-1995) Honda Civics, it now delivers a max power of 88kW or 120ps, 10ps or 9% more power than the outgoing L15A SOHC VTEC. Along with this, it still delivers a fuel economy of 19.6km/l !
The CVT gearbox too have received important enhancements. It now features the use of a torque converter and offers better off-the-line acceleration. It is yet unknown whether it still retains the use of the infamous 'start-up clutch'. The CVT gearbox have revised gear ratios for better performance and also improved fuel economy during cruising. A new low-friction, high efficiency oil pump and CVT pulleys plus a new creep control system (implemented via ECU programming) provide optimized 'creep control' at low speeds and during idling for improved fuel economy.
This short technical overview is written using the materials found in both the Honda Fit page on the Honda website for the Japan Domestic Market (Hondaƒz[ƒ€ƒy[ƒW : –{“c‹ZŒH‹Š”Ž‰Ž) as well as materials from the Honda Motor Co. Ltd resource page for media. The translation from the japanese languaged materials have been done on a best effort basis. As with the new format for our technical overview articles, the actual technical materials in this article will be published in watermarked JPG formt, to enforce copyright on this review.

http://asia.vtec.net/Engines/LSERIESG2/tech1.jpg

Source: Honda L-Series SOHC i-VTEC Engines for the new GD Honda Fit/Jazz

Hope, after this I get to post my messages directly. (Am a newbie to the site)

Last edited by Technocrat : 7th October 2008 at 17:51. Reason: Please upoad pics directly on Team-Bhp External hosting is not allowed.
Old 7th October 2008, 09:53   #467
BHPian

One thing I just learnt is that not just that the ANHC does not have fog lights in any of its models, the car just does not seem to have any provision for fitting it! If this is correct, it looks rather odd!
Someone who has seen the car can confirm this please?
Old 7th October 2008, 10:15   #468
BHPian

Saw a white ANHC at IFFCO Chowk in Gurgaon yesterday.Looked like a mini Civic, could not click pics as the driver jumped the red light..
I think by this weekend we might be able to test drive it.
But no fog lamps and alloys are still a sore point.
Caution to all ANHC bookers, Honda might rectify these in a new model within 6 months like the did with the prev generation city.
Old 7th October 2008, 10:43   #469
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Path_Finder View Post
One thing I just learnt is that not just that the ANHC does not have fog lights in any of its models, the car just does not seem to have any provision for fitting it! If this is correct, it looks rather odd!
thats correct - they mentioned this on ndtv, when the host was swooning around the body for 20 mins !!

ecotech - you need atleast 50 posts before you start posting directly have patience and keep making such great posts!! soon you will be a bhpian
Old 7th October 2008, 10:46   #470
BHPian

I totally agree on this. Honda played the same game with Civic as wel. Initially Civic was launched without fog lamps and then after 4 -6 months, civic was launched with fog lamps and other accessories with as said "V" version.
Old 7th October 2008, 10:53   #471
BANNED

Hi guys, for test drive report of the new City, follow the link:
Autocar India Forums: New Honda City Test Drive Report

There seem to be no downsides to the car!
Honda has a sureshot winner at hands!

Last edited by bhp1 : 7th October 2008 at 10:55.
Old 7th October 2008, 11:06   #472
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayjay View Post
Well the engine block is the same, but the VTEC has been replaced with a more advanced iVTEC, which takes into account a larger no. of performance parameters before switching cam profiles. As for the excitement, the power is up from 77ps on the iDSI to 118 ps and the car is even cheaper than the old VTECplus, with much better looks.
I was comparing it to the VTEC plus, not the IDSI. Power difference is therefore from 105ps to 118ps in Indian tune? Is it really that much cheaper? The S G3NHC is 8.35L ex-showroom in Goa while NHC VTEC+ with all those features and CD with JBL speakers, alloys, fog-lamps, leather seats/steering was 8.90L in Goa.
I grant you the looks are much better in the G3NHC, but Honda has been grudgingly holding back many features.
Old 7th October 2008, 15:19   #473
maniind

Quote:
Originally Posted by filcord View Post
I was comparing it to the VTEC plus, not the IDSI. Power difference is therefore from 105ps to 118ps in Indian tune? Is it really that much cheaper? The S G3NHC is 8.35L ex-showroom in Goa while NHC VTEC+ with all those features and CD with JBL speakers, alloys, fog-lamps, leather seats/steering was 8.90L in Goa.
I grant you the looks are much better in the G3NHC, but Honda has been grudgingly holding back many features.
well seems to be the anhc fuel efficient but the real figures will come only after the tds that so ???after all there is difference between realistic abd practical figures

Old 7th October 2008, 15:21   #474
maniind

well figures look attractive but the real figure will come out only after td till that be happy dony worry?

Old 7th October 2008, 15:30   #475
BHPian

if FE of i-vtec is even close to what is claimed, i'm sure ppl will pounce on this beauty
btw any idea if Honda is giving out leather seats on S/AT models?
Old 7th October 2008, 16:22   #476
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHorse View Post
if FE of i-vtec is even close to what is claimed, i'm sure ppl will pounce on this beauty
btw any idea if Honda is giving out leather seats on S/AT models?
nopes :( Honda is not offering leather, alloys and even fog lamps.
Old 7th October 2008, 17:13   #477
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolbareilly View Post
nopes :( Honda is not offering leather, alloys and even fog lamps.
All this has been reserved for a special 12th anniversary edition . The manufacturer has to come up with some tricks for a midlife facelift!
Old 7th October 2008, 17:32   #478
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sridharps View Post
All this has been reserved for a special 12th anniversary edition . The manufacturer has to come up with some tricks for a midlife facelift!
I also have the similar feeling but still have hopes for Fogs, alloys and ACC. Honda is launching City in European market during Istanbul Auto Expo and it has all of them
Old 7th October 2008, 17:40   #479
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoom_vroom View Post
Saw a white ANHC at IFFCO Chowk in Gurgaon yesterday.Looked like a mini Civic, could not click pics as the driver jumped the red light..
I think by this weekend we might be able to test drive it.
But no fog lamps and alloys are still a sore point.
Caution to all ANHC bookers, Honda might rectify these in a new model within 6 months like the did with the prev generation city.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Path_Finder View Post
You learnt it pretty right.
I asked the showroom guys while i was collecting my brother's civic which had gone for a 10000 km service.

he said " The lights are good enough on it , that it does not need any fog Lamps " - Proper Marketer eh

I think the accessories guys will find some or the other solution for the same . Or else someone would redesign a bumper for it to make way for some Foggy Lights

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolbareilly View Post
I totally agree on this. Honda played the same game with Civic as wel. Initially Civic was launched without fog lamps and then after 4 -6 months, civic was launched with fog lamps and other accessories with as said "V" version.
The car and bike show on NDTV said that a V Variant would come out pretty soon .

I think it will have the Alloys , Leather as standard and maybe make way for some foggy lamps.

By the way , the E and the S variants do have the alloy wheels option at an extra cost. The alloys in the pics looked pretty good and hope they are available in that option list.

The tyres are 15 inches but still a wrong profile ( For handing lovers ) has made the things a bit bad.
Although they are said to be quite good to help the mileage of the car.!
Old 7th October 2008, 18:38   #480
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

The quoted figures for the automatic mentions CVT as it was for the Jazz. The new ANHC has a five speed auto!

Most Viewed

Copyright 2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks