Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th October 2008, 19:06   #481
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.gupta88 View Post

By the way , the E and the S variants do have the alloy wheels option at an extra cost. The alloys in the pics looked pretty good and hope they are available in that option list.

Are those alloys which come in the V version or SV version of Thai models??
Could you provide the price of the same.
Old 7th October 2008, 19:25   #482
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecotech View Post
Check this out. All you want to know about the new i-vtech and its FE.

17.2 -19.6 km/lt !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
When iDSI was launched, the claimed FE was 17 kms in city and 26 kms in highway. nuff said
Old 7th October 2008, 21:29   #483
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sriramv.iyer View Post
When iDSI was launched, the claimed FE was 17 kms in city and 26 kms in highway. nuff said
Yup, that's true 17.2 - 19.6 is a highly unrealistic figure, that can only be achieved in "ideal conditions" something that you'd never get in our City driving, I feel it might be more or less around 12kmpl +/- 1km, guess only a full review will tell us.
Old 7th October 2008, 22:57   #484
BHPian

Check out the first drive of the new City here
Old 7th October 2008, 23:12   #485
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sridharps View Post
All this has been reserved for a special 12th anniversary edition . The manufacturer has to come up with some tricks for a midlife facelift!
Oh wait! You forgot the SX4 diesel launch - I'm sure it will give Honda a lot of headache. That's when it will come up with a first anniversary edition of the G3NHC with all the missing pieces in it.
Old 8th October 2008, 23:32   #486
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by filcord View Post
I can't get this clarification anywhere. Does the G3NHC have essentially the same engine as the NHC VTEC? And is the only difference that the G3 has a different type of Vtec operation? If so why are we getting so excited about it?
Same L15A block but its been updated/tweaked.
I know this link has been thrown around quite a bit already, but it does go in-depth with the updates : Honda L-Series SOHC i-VTEC Engines for the new GD Honda Fit/Jazz

From a layman's view, it looks like they've got the engine to rev higher, and thats where most of the additional power is coming from. If you notice, the earlier engine attains its peak power @ 5800 rpm, the newer one has its peak power @ 6600 rpm. Even the torque is almost unchanged with just 2N-m more.
Minor enhancements here and there for fuel economy should mean it could possibly maintain the same economy as the existing VTEC engine (NOT the i-DSI engine). People/dealers who try throwing in i-DSI figures should go jump in a well :P
Old 9th October 2008, 22:13   #487
BHPian

user comments

i have the good experience of using two honda city's till date.
the first one was the new honda city or the city lq model. coming over from an hyundai accent , trust me this car blew me away with its just right specs, power was low, torque was comparable to all cars in this class, but the masterstroke honda gave was availability of all those at lower rpm's. which meant higher gears and thus higher efficiency. it gave me a fe of 13 in city and 17-18 on highways which was phenomenal for a car of this class. and every indian buyer no matter how rich always looks at the fe of his car whichever segment it may be in. honda gave its customers a good driveability, good fe, good fit/finish, and the honda tag at lot less than before.
my second car is a city ZX CVT or auto. again honda impressed me. good driveability, good fe( 11 city, 14-15 highway), interiors are not luxurious but they dont have the cheap feel of many other cars in that class.
honda thus has caught the indian mentality pretty nicely for the last 6 years. thus it was able to get away with no standard airbags, abs, ba, fog lamps, alloys etc except in the VTEC (and that too in the last 3 maonths i think). even today i think hondas are slightly overpriced. but after comparing notes with owners of similar class cars, i think the extra money is worth it.
i was plannin to go for a civic at this diwali, but the new city has me confused. almost similar specs for almost 4 lakhs less ( new city-at-otr mumbai 10,50,000 vs civic-at otr mumbai 15,00,000 vs the altis otr mumbai 15,00,000). altis scores royally over the specs front, but some of the accessories are not important for city driving(cruise control) whereas other we can get aftermarket(hid lamps, orvms, leather seats/interiors). the altis confused me and so i took a est drive. the executives at madhuban honda were absolutely not trained in customer care and after haggling i got a ride in a non auto. the car is ok but trust me i still think my cvt is better. also the tiptronic gear shift is a straight lift from the toyota echo- honda city's competitior in the uae and personally i dont like notches in my gear shift.
finally i will be test driving the new city by 20 oct and making my decision then.
as long as there is no serious competitior to honda in this segment, they will still get sales for lesser features(no fog lamps no alloys, no cd player on AHNC). however i feel that today there is no serious competition to it till the linea arrives(and that too i am sceptical about buying purely because of the tata link and plus no at)
more updates after 20th.
comments/critics welcome,
ciao
Old 10th October 2008, 12:42   #488
BHPian

One of my friend who is closely associated with Honda says they plan to spread the launch of different trim levels over a few quarters. S will be launched now with both MT and AT. E will be in Dec-Jan, V will be in Apr 09 with MT and AT. They will have S-AT withdrawn by then just like it did for Civic. SV trim may not happen until they have the new Civic launched.
Old 10th October 2008, 15:40   #489
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by appuchan View Post
One of my friend who is closely associated with Honda says they plan to spread the launch of different trim levels over a few quarters. S will be launched now with both MT and AT. E will be in Dec-Jan, V will be in Apr 09 with MT and AT. They will have S-AT withdrawn by then just like it did for Civic. SV trim may not happen until they have the new Civic launched.
Err.. i think most of us know that S ( MT & AT) deliveries will start after Diwali & E version deliveries will start after Jan. I think many buyers do wish a V version but not at the expense of S version. I dont think Honda would follow the Civic strategy for the City. At that time Civic didnt have much competition until Altis came in. 8-10 lacs there is neck to neck competition and i dont see Honda trying to cut down S version . Since E is 7.7 lacs ex showroom and V would be priced around 9-9.25(hopefully) ex showroom.

Last edited by karanraheja : 10th October 2008 at 15:42.
Old 10th October 2008, 16:11   #490
Senior - BHPian

What is this Honda City version V?
As far as I know, the only ones Honda has so far talked about are 1.5E, 1.5S and 1.5S Auto.
Old 10th October 2008, 16:15   #491
BHPian

There is no V model as off now, here team-bhp has cutom made their own version which is V, they want to see all missing goodies like leather seats, alloys etc in that model. No one know if Honda will really going to launch it soon.
Old 10th October 2008, 17:58   #492
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy_Eddy View Post
Same L15A block but its been updated/tweaked.
I know this link has been thrown around quite a bit already, but it does go in-depth with the updates : Honda L-Series SOHC i-VTEC Engines for the new GD Honda Fit/Jazz

From a layman's view, it looks like they've got the engine to rev higher, and thats where most of the additional power is coming from. If you notice, the earlier engine attains its peak power @ 5800 rpm, the newer one has its peak power @ 6600 rpm. Even the torque is almost unchanged with just 2N-m more.
Minor enhancements here and there for fuel economy should mean it could possibly maintain the same economy as the existing VTEC engine (NOT the i-DSI engine). People/dealers who try throwing in i-DSI figures should go jump in a well :P
Its also iVTEC vs VTEC in the older NHC! That makes a lot of difference in low-end driveability which also affects fuel efficiency. The new iVTEC engine will easily be more fuel efficient than the old VTEC one!. Honda claims they have got it tweaked to levels that iDSi does not have an edge in FE anymore (but that would probably be an exaggeration)!
Old 10th October 2008, 18:10   #493
Senior - BHPian

Hi f50xj13,

> my second car is a city ZX CVT or auto. again honda impressed me. good > driveability, good fe( 11 city, 14-15 highway),

I sincerely agree with you. I have a CVT after a long string of diesel cars. It has given me 13.21kpl over 18500+ kms with AC on always.

> ere absolutely not trained in customer care and after haggling i got a ride
> in a non auto. the car is ok but trust me i still think my cvt is better.

CVT better compared to MT? Could you elaborate a little?
Old 11th October 2008, 02:11   #494
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by trrk View Post
Hi f50xj13,

> my second car is a city ZX CVT or auto. again honda impressed me. good > driveability, good fe( 11 city, 14-15 highway),

I sincerely agree with you. I have a CVT after a long string of diesel cars. It has given me 13.21kpl over 18500+ kms with AC on always.

> ere absolutely not trained in customer care and after haggling i got a ride
> in a non auto. the car is ok but trust me i still think my cvt is better.

CVT better compared to MT? Could you elaborate a little?
what i meant was the ease of driving...especially in rush hour traffic...otherwise it does take some getting used to driving the zx cvt. but for pure city driving the cvt beats the mt anyday-with reference to driveability....not speed.. plus the feel of your left leg aching cause it is not getting any action....hehehe
otherwise the cvt can be a pain sometimes especially during highway overtaking...
Old 11th October 2008, 11:20   #495
Senior - BHPian

OT. So post erased. Sorry.

Last edited by trrk : 11th October 2008 at 11:22. Reason: Wrongly posted here

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks