Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th October 2008, 11:22   #496
BHPian

Finally made up my mind :)

Hi All,
Had been waiting all this while to look at new City once before making my long pending decision.

Had been following a few dealers in mumbai for sometime now... but it seems the City wont hit showroom before 15th in mumbai. But one of the dealers was kind enough to show the car in his workshop
Saw the car finally...!
Exteriors looked pretty good, esp from the front..
But interiors really disappointed me.... It no where as bright a beige as the pics show... to me it looked very dull. A 9.5L+ car deserved better!
Considering my earlier inclination towards Fiesta, the interior factor plus quite a few missing features in City (alloys, leather, EBD...) finally tilted the balance to Fiesta.. I think its a more complete package!

So its Fiesta Sxi for me (Panther Black)!!!

Thanks to the Forum and its members who helped me in this all important decision.....

Gone Fida!

Last edited by Technocrat : 23rd October 2008 at 14:57. Reason: Only two smilies per post allowed, please read board rules before proceeding further
Old 11th October 2008, 12:30   #497
Senior - BHPian

Doesn't the ZX CVT come with kick-down mode? That should make highway overtaking a breeze.
Old 11th October 2008, 13:32   #498
oss
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by libocta View Post
But interiors really disappointed me.... It no where as bright a beige as the pics show... to me it looked very dull. A 9.5L+ car deserved better!
Considering my earlier inclination towards Fiesta, the interior factor plus quite a few missing features in City (alloys, leather, EBD...) finally tilted the balance to Fiesta.. I think its a more complete package!

So its Fiesta Sxi for me (Panther Black)!!!

Gone Fida!
Wow, Just my thoughts. Actually i discarded Fiesta earlier and had been waiting for ANHC launch. Though the car looks fabulous, looking at the interiors and the missing things in the ANHC, at the price demanded, i started thinking again about Fiesta. Looks like i am not alone in this change of mind.

Congrats libocta on your purchase. I am trying to get info on the 1.6 TDCi launch, and if it happens anytime soon, i too am inclined towards it.

What do other forum members think about this decision?
Old 11th October 2008, 14:40   #499
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by oss View Post
Wow, Just my thoughts. Actually i discarded Fiesta earlier and had been waiting for ANHC launch. Though the car looks fabulous, looking at the interiors and the missing things in the ANHC, at the price demanded, i started thinking again about Fiesta. Looks like i am not alone in this change of mind.

Congrats libocta on your purchase. I am trying to get info on the 1.6 TDCi launch, and if it happens anytime soon, i too am inclined towards it.

What do other forum members think about this decision?
Kudos OSS, I too have made up my mind on the Fiesta 1.6S, I'm only hoping on a better discounts from Ford in end of this month/first week of Nov, with the ANHC launch. Also if there is a launch of a 1.6TDCi, I'd be inclined towards that too, otherwise its the 1.6S for me, an amazing deal even today.
Old 11th October 2008, 14:43   #500
BHPian

What's ticked me off is the sheer apathy of the Deccan Honda dealers in Pune. First of all they want a 1Lac deposit, 10% deductible incase you change your mind, and no intention to ever get back to you on phone when they promise you. Secondly they can't even promise you a delivery date and no TD. I wouldn't feel comfortable to book a vehicle without a TD.
Old 11th October 2008, 15:40   #501
Senior - BHPian

What is the difference between EBD and BA? I believe Fiesta, SX4 have EBD while G3HC has BA.

I think one of us should go to the nearest 'friendly' Honda dealer and ask them why the HC doesn't have EBD as the Ford's and Suzuki's. Also, why no ACC? I would really like to listen to their 'pearls of wisdom' on this!
Old 11th October 2008, 15:56   #502
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by autoenthusiast View Post
What's ticked me off is the sheer apathy of the Deccan Honda dealers in Pune. First of all they want a 1Lac deposit, 10% deductible incase you change your mind, and no intention to ever get back to you on phone when they promise you. Secondly they can't even promise you a delivery date and no TD. I wouldn't feel comfortable to book a vehicle without a TD.
Agree. I think folks from Pune seriously considering Honda should get together and write an email to Honda expressing concern about the single dealer situation which doesn't inspisre confidence in the ownership experience. It's a major concern for me.

Because of a single dealer you will definitely get a bit more arrogance and lower levels of service than if there were 2 or more, of course this may not necessarily happen but a monoply behaves in a particular way and one can't depend on exception and goodwill for good and professional service.

Back to topic the colours are not inspiring, here are a few, either its colour management on my system gone wrong but the bold beige looks yellow to me. The polished metal and alabaster grey also look similar. I like the light blue displayed prominently on the Honda India site but it seems the missing in the colours section. We just have shades of grey and tafeta white.

Edit: Sourced from paultan, White - (Pictured in China)

Last edited by raul : 11th October 2008 at 16:14.
Old 11th October 2008, 16:00   #503
BHPian

Just received SMS from RRH in NCR here are the dates and place for their showroom to see ANHC:

"Ring Road Honda is pleased to invite you to preview New Honda City as folllows:
Piragarhi - 13th Oct;
CP- 14th Oct,
GGN NH8 16th Oct "

Guys ANHC is here to grab a look and feel.

Last edited by sam003 : 11th October 2008 at 16:01.
Old 11th October 2008, 16:41   #504
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raul View Post

The polished metal and alabaster grey also look similar. I like the light blue displayed prominently on the Honda India site but it seems the missing in the colours section. We just have shades of grey and tafeta white.
I think in Vivek s TD of New City thread you can see the pics of diff colours available. Well yeah i think the Sky blue silver available in the Civic would look awesome in City.
Old 11th October 2008, 21:30   #505
BHPian

Overall, Honda has done a good job with new City given the fact that the just phased out model was sorely missing dozens of features compared to other cars in this segment. They have matched more or less all the other cars like Fiesta, SX4, Verna etc now.

Honda brand is very strong in India. Old City model was dominating until last year despite being a deprived car and a horrible one on VFM. One could fairly assume that the new City would achieve more and better sales now that it is made competetive.
Old 12th October 2008, 10:28   #506
BHPian

All the delhi guys who were anticipating to see the G3HC in flesh can rejoice now, the wait is over.

Yesterday I received a SMS from Ring Road Honda , inviting for the preview of G3HC,

Peeragarhi - 13th Oct
CP - 14th Oct
Gurgaon Sec29 - 14th Oct
Gurgaon NH-8 - 16th Oct

Sorry , if its a stale info , but i think so this is 1st preview in NCR.

PS: I'm going there to see it on 13th at peeragarhi
Old 12th October 2008, 13:56   #507
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raul View Post
Agree. I think folks from Pune seriously considering Honda should get together and write an email to Honda expressing concern about the single dealer situation which doesn't inspisre confidence in the ownership experience. It's a major concern for me.
----
Hi Raul,
Yes, Deccan Honda folks were arrogant even earlier, but now with Grande Honda closing shop, they have become the only dealer, so it has increased further. I think there were too many compliants for the Grande Honda folks and so Honda closed them. I too realised this as they were readily sharing internal information regarding trainings etc.

Note from the Team-BHP Support: Kindly remove images from original post if quoting a reply. This causes inconvenience to the dial-up users. Also Quote only the relevant part while replying

Last edited by Jaggu : 12th October 2008 at 14:05. Reason: Quoting with picture
Old 12th October 2008, 17:54   #508
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karanraheja View Post
I think in Vivek s TD of New City thread you can see the pics of diff colours available. Well yeah i think the Sky blue silver available in the Civic would look awesome in City.
Seems, it's going to be a lighter shade of the sky blue silver. That's what the dealer told me, and what I could see on the brochure.
Old 13th October 2008, 20:01   #509
oss
BHPian

Ha! here we go, the turning circle radius puzzle resolved at last.

What they mentioned as 5.3m turning circle radius is the Turning Radius at Body. The Turning Radius at Wheel Centre which is what is normally specified is 5.0m only
Old 15th October 2008, 10:05   #510
BHPian

I don't know if it was earlier explained by anybody. One of the feature talks about the average and instant mileage indicators. I'm just wondering if the instant mileage is the average over the last five seconds (like in some motor cycles in India) or if it is an average over a fraction of a second. If it is over a fraction of a second, the meter reading will change annonyingly faster than we can read. Anyone has any knowledge, either from the ANHC or Altis?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks