Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th October 2008, 15:46   #526
BHPian

Thanks for confirming that Ym-enjn - thought it looked maroon.

Honda has a made a distinct shift design wise, the old city was not known for its looks, more of a people mover imho for those who needed space, comfort and nothing too to flashy, ie a utility vehicle, and it was probably designed with that market in mind

But now these same utility folks are going to do a double take, this design is clearly not directed at that market segment, though it should not prevent them from buying it if it fits their needs.

But for folks who didn't like the NHC anything is an improvement, and this new design is bold and brash, which might cause a few lost sales to the utility segment but gain a few on the other side. Plus its more in line with Honda's image to produce something like this rather than an affront to car lovers like the NHC, again imho.

Last edited by raul : 16th October 2008 at 15:48.
Old 17th October 2008, 12:03   #527
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by autoenthusiast View Post
Spoke with the Deccan Honda dealer in Pune again yesterday. They still stick by the 1Lac deposit with a 10% deduction incase you cancel the booking.
this may be dealer specific.
at prime honda, vaishali, they are asking for 50K as booking amount without any deductions. the deliveries are expected to begin mid november.
Old 17th October 2008, 12:08   #528
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
I found the Front look a tad too aggressive and in your face kinds. Just my perception!
i concur. the car exudes an image not everyone might be able to carry - racy and aggressive.
Old 17th October 2008, 12:33   #529
BHPian

Design a beautiful car and dont give alloy wheels (even as an option). Tout about 118PS etc. I cant imagine what Honda is smoking.
Old 17th October 2008, 12:52   #530
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LandCruiser View Post
Design a beautiful car and dont give alloy wheels (even as an option). Tout about 118PS etc. I cant imagine what Honda is smoking.
Its only S and E models they have launched now. Few months later or may be a year or two they will eventually launch the V model. Currently they have not launched as the price it will reach is dominated by solid names like Megnum and Octavia.
Old 17th October 2008, 13:17   #531
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ym-enjn View Post
Its only S and E models they have launched now. Few months later or may be a year or two they will eventually launch the V model. Currently they have not launched as the price it will reach is dominated by solid names like Megnum and Octavia.
oh yes, and they will tout is as an anniversary/limited edition
Old 17th October 2008, 15:28   #532
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorp 1 View Post
i concur. the car exudes an image not everyone might be able to carry - racy and aggressive.
I'll be able to carry it very well. Someone gift me D
Old 17th October 2008, 16:04   #533
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorp 1 View Post
this may be dealer specific.
at prime honda, vaishali, they are asking for 50K as booking amount without any deductions. the deliveries are expected to begin mid november.
50K?? I visited Prime Honda last week and the sales guy asked me to deposit 10K as booking amount without any deductions.
Old 17th October 2008, 18:52   #534
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ym-enjn View Post
Hi all,

This is my first post on Team bhp, I have been a silent observer for the past 4 months. It was Linea vs ANHC for me. Since I was not getting any news of Linea, I went ahead and booked ANHC at Magnum honda in Bangalore.

Called up Magnum yesterday and they confirmed that the cars will be dispatched from Honda on the 3rd week of Nov and the add on kit of fog lamps and alloy wheels ( he was not aware of the price ) would not come till Dec, he confirmed that my delivery might be in Dec '08.

I am still thinking about Linea..... Brain says ANHC and Heart beats for LInea.....

Just wanted to contribute to this lovely forum..... Thanks to all of you ......
Old 17th October 2008, 19:14   #535
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolbareilly View Post
50K?? I visited Prime Honda last week and the sales guy asked me to deposit 10K as booking amount without any deductions.
You are the lucky one, and so is the one who was asked 50K.

I called the Deccan Honda dealer in Pune and he wanted 1Lac with 10% deduction incase I changed my mind.
Old 17th October 2008, 19:32   #536
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkywinky View Post
Hi all,

This is my first post on Team bhp, I have been a silent observer for the past 4 months. It was Linea vs ANHC for me. Since I was not getting any news of Linea, I went ahead and booked ANHC at Magnum honda in Bangalore.

Called up Magnum yesterday and they confirmed that the cars will be dispatched from Honda on the 3rd week of Nov and the add on kit of fog lamps and alloy wheels ( he was not aware of the price ) would not come till Dec, he confirmed that my delivery might be in Dec '08.

I am still thinking about Linea..... Brain says ANHC and Heart beats for LInea.....

Just wanted to contribute to this lovely forum..... Thanks to all of you ......
With ANHC you atleast have a commitment on delivery dates. Better than Linea which is not even soft launched yet
Congrats on the great choice
Old 17th October 2008, 19:45   #537
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkywinky View Post
.... the add on kit of fog lamps and alloy wheels ( he was not aware of the price ) would not come till Dec, he confirmed that my delivery might be in Dec '08.
Fog lamps? I do not think the bumper has provision at all for fog lamps.
Old 17th October 2008, 20:14   #538
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Path_Finder View Post
Fog lamps? I do not think the bumper has provision at all for fog lamps.
It doesn't. There's a separate bumper design with fog lamps.

Old 17th October 2008, 23:52   #539
Senior - BHPian

damn that car looks hot with the front skirt and fog lamp.... im liking this more than the civic to be honest.
Old 18th October 2008, 07:57   #540
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by autopsyche View Post
damn that car looks hot with the front skirt and fog lamp.... im liking this more than the civic to be honest.
- Add the alloys too and the looks are complete.

Honda strategy seems to be to provide all these as dealer addons - at a fancy price of course - And also say after market fitment of alloys, fogs etc. will void warranty .. and so on. Imagine adding alloys, fogs, some good leather seats etc that are missing, then the price starts inching close to Civic

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks