Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 14th November 2008, 11:25   #586
GTO
Team-BHP Support

29,500 is sub par for a set of OEM Honda alloys and in line with that other manufacturers charge.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RX135 View Post
Whoa! Were they gold or platinum plated or something like that?

That would have been daylight robbery. On second thoughts, were there any takers for these?
Hehehehe....get this, Mahindra alloy wheels are 7 - 8K per piece from the company. And Ajmat bought 2 Vtec alloys (at the time of the crash) at about 12K each (IIRC).
Old 14th November 2008, 12:36   #587
Senior - BHPian

I don't think the price of Honda alloys is atrocious, going by the fact that I'd paid Rs 23000 for a set of 4 OEM Ford alloys for my Fiesta.
Old 14th November 2008, 23:44   #588
BHPian

29.5K for the alloys is not atrocious, but not cheap either. It is good enough to give fat margins to both Honda and the dealer. But what is really atrocious is the 9L car not having the alloys.
Old 15th November 2008, 01:33   #589
BHPian

hey guys i live ahmedabad. today i saw all new honda city parked the number plates were not there yet. plastic on the seats was on. and it was the AT version.

so this means the deliveries have started ?

IMO its all nice from the outside but the interiors are not excellent they are ok better than sx4. its not as big as you think it is. when compared to sx4 the SX4 its still the largest in the segment. and yeah definately you need some alloys. if you buy one i think.
Old 15th November 2008, 03:55   #590
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joslicx View Post
Would be true for real enthusiasts but how many are there in this country? Honda has a very good feel of Indian pulse and I think ANHC is a product very much with that in mind. It will appeal to lot of people and it is a very good car really as per ACI (9/10 rating). It has good safety features, good enough interiors, great past history, decent support etc to back it up! And how many people in the world like American cars (except Americans!?)
Although Ford is an American company.. the Fiesta is not American, its European.

And ACI's ratings probably reflect how much they were paid off. :P
Old 15th November 2008, 08:03   #591
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy_Eddy View Post
Although Ford is an American company.. the Fiesta is not American, its European.
Well the point here was with Ford and GM we dont know, in the current situation that they are, whether they'll survive for next month or not! GM might go bankrupt sooner than later (unless the US govt can bail them out) and Ford is in no better condition!
Its quite a risk buying Ford/GM cars right now...
Old 15th November 2008, 08:36   #592

[quote=joslicx;1053721]Well the point here was with Ford and GM we dont know, in the current situation that they are, whether they'll survive for next month or not! GM might go bankrupt sooner than later (unless the US govt can bail them out) and Ford is in no better condition!
Its quite a risk buying Ford/GM cars right now...[/QUOTE

GM and Ford are one of the biggest industries in the world . These companies will fall only if the World Economy falls drastically. In that case we would be worrying about food and water and not the place to get our cars repaired. There might be an HP/Compaq sort of a merger/ takeover, but going broke is very very improbable...
Old 15th November 2008, 10:59   #593
oss
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Path_Finder View Post
29.5K for the alloys is not atrocious, but not cheap either. It is good enough to give fat margins to both Honda and the dealer. But what is really atrocious is the 9L car not having the alloys.
Well said Pathfinder. In th eprocess of chargin for all these add-ons, Honda has successfully diverted the attention from the price of the car itself.

Paying 9 lakhs for a car with mediocre interiors, and no climate control and not even alloys is truely atrocious.

Who knows they will do a Civic Hybrid here as well, and reduce the price by couple of lakhs as a 'limited period offer'
Old 15th November 2008, 11:38   #594
BHPian

Who knows they will do a Civic Hybrid here as well, and reduce the price by couple of lakhs as a 'limited period offer'
Old 15th November 2008, 11:44   #595
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderlustindia View Post
29,500 for a set of 5 . Knowing OEM alloys in India, I am sure there are better deals in the market. For 20k a set of 5 can easily be procured and perhaps better than the OEM ones. I don't see a lot of people opting for this. Can you check which brand of alloys is the dealer giving?
Not at all. For 20k, you can only get cheap Far eastern alloys. For OEM alloys, they are better built (lighter alloys) and also there is the OEM margin. So, 29k is actually quite reasonable for OEM alloys. I once enquired about Lancer SFXi 14" OEM alloys from the workshop, and they were ~6.5k per wheel.
Old 15th November 2008, 21:35   #596
BHPian

Hi,

Here in Delhi, a friend has booked the automatic today

Colour:Polished Metal
Delivery: Assured before the end of the month
Dealer: Prime Honda
Old 16th November 2008, 09:21   #597

Everyone

Is this quote of 29.5K for the set of 5 Honda OEM alloys correct? if so, it is a good price. I have booked a AT and happened to drop by my dealer yesterday to check on delivery, they informed me that they have received a communication form Honda that the OEM alloys will cost ~11700 per wheel! that is ~58K for a set of 5!
Old 16th November 2008, 14:35   #598
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sujithgeorge View Post
Everyone

Is this quote of 29.5K for the set of 5 Honda OEM alloys correct? if so, it is a good price. I have booked a AT and happened to drop by my dealer yesterday to check on delivery, they informed me that they have received a communication form Honda that the OEM alloys will cost ~11700 per wheel! that is ~58K for a set of 5!
Omigosh , that's absurd, seems like Honda really wants to make a profit on all us poor souls.
I paid 5236/- for an additional Ford OEM alloy (1.6S 15" version) for my spare wheel. Cheap in comparison.
Old 16th November 2008, 19:34   #599
BHPian

yep. according my dealer a set of 5 OEM alloys are 29000. the prices for alloys from honda have gone down.
Old 16th November 2008, 21:48   #600
BHPian

Well, the prices of the alloys maybe low, but Honda ought to have provided these on the top-end City anyway. These guys know how to milk us alright.

How I wish Toyota had provided some competition in the City segment!

Most Viewed