Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th December 2008, 17:04   #646
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speeding@160mph View Post
i know there's more chinese people out there than us Indians..any chance of finding one of those folks to translate this page? Mr. Bareilly..how did you manage?
You can use Google Translate for this.
Old 16th December 2008, 20:04   #647
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speeding@160mph View Post
i know there's more chinese people out there than us Indians..any chance of finding one of those folks to translate this page? Mr. Bareilly..how did you manage?
Hey Speeding@160mph not very hard. "picture picture on the net, tell me the features of the all"
Old 16th December 2008, 23:02   #648
BHPian

I am wondering why the general subject of discussion in this thread is about interiors, exteriors, features etc.

Why isn't anyone raving about the engine? I have not taken a test drive, but, why don't I see any owner say - 'I care a damn about the interiors - The car is such a hoot to drive'?

Is the ANHC not a fun car to drive? I have seen so many people in the forum rave about OHC, Palio etc, when they don't have such a great interiors to talk about. A discussion on Palio 1.6 still creates such an excitement in the forum (esp when one of the guys announces that he has bought a 1.6)

I truly don't see a driver's delight in ANHC - I'll be glad to be proven otherwise. Otherwise, I am sure this thread will be full of 'oohs' and 'aahs' of ANHC and not about its drab interiors.
Old 16th December 2008, 23:18   #649
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sriramv.iyer View Post
Is the ANHC not a fun car to drive? I have seen so many people in the forum rave about OHC, Palio etc, when they don't have such a great interiors to talk about. A discussion on Palio 1.6 still creates such an excitement in the forum (esp when one of the guys announces that he has bought a 1.6) .
I'd say that though its a great car to drive - its got 2 things going against it:

1) The old vtec was a much better, fun to drive car.
2) People expect better and more for a car when you pay close to 10 lakhs!

I would not be surprised if Honda introduces another version with more "options" - that should please more of us.
Old 17th December 2008, 09:58   #650
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sriramv.iyer View Post
I am wondering why the general subject of discussion in this thread is about interiors, exteriors, features etc.

Why isn't anyone raving about the engine? I have not taken a test drive, but, why don't I see any owner say - 'I care a damn about the interiors - The car is such a hoot to drive'?

Is the ANHC not a fun car to drive? I have seen so many people in the forum rave about OHC, Palio etc, when they don't have such a great interiors to talk about. A discussion on Palio 1.6 still creates such an excitement in the forum (esp when one of the guys announces that he has bought a 1.6)

I truly don't see a driver's delight in ANHC - I'll be glad to be proven otherwise. Otherwise, I am sure this thread will be full of 'oohs' and 'aahs' of ANHC and not about its drab interiors.

Well i have driven the ANHC. After reading the specs i did expect it to be a hoot to drive. Its quite powerful but i dont think its better than OHC VTEC . I think many members itself would agree with that. Maybe Honda wanted to keep both sets of people happy 1. who want power 2. who are mileage conscious. Apart from VFM its still unbeatable.
Old 17th December 2008, 12:23   #651
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zensi View Post
I'd say that though its a great car to drive - its got 2 things going against it:

1) The old vtec was a much better, fun to drive car.
2) People expect better and more for a car when you pay close to 10 lakhs!

I would not be surprised if Honda introduces another version with more "options" - that should please more of us.
Exactly Zensi. I can still bet City is fun to drive car but not as great as Palio 1.6GTX. We (most of the T-Bhpian) have never complained a lot on Palio's interior as it is just for 5.5L. But we Indians are paying 10.3L for City and still we are not getting the decent package.
Old 17th December 2008, 15:27   #652
BHPian

LOL! yep...google did come up with features AND pics. There is a malaysian web-site which has pics of the ACC + leather seats. Why couldn't we get that here? or are these geniuses just waiting for the Linea launch and then try and go 1 better on Fiat?

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolbareilly View Post
Hey Speeding@160mph not very hard. "picture picture on the net, tell me the features of the all"
Old 17th December 2008, 23:06   #653
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolbareilly View Post
Exactly Zensi. I can still bet City is fun to drive car but not as great as Palio 1.6GTX. We (most of the T-Bhpian) have never complained a lot on Palio's interior as it is just for 5.5L. But we Indians are paying 10.3L for City and still we are not getting the decent package.
@ Coolbareilly - agree with you. however looking at Honda's track record - there are good chances they'll come out with a costlier version with slight visual mos and better interiors in about 20 months or so.
Old 26th February 2009, 18:28   #654
nbr
BHPian

Dubais Honda city

In Dubai , the new Honda city was just launched.it looks different then the one availble in India. I prefer the Indian version .
Attached Thumbnails
EDIT: Now Launched :All New Honda city (Indian version)-full specs & features .-ganu_250209_honda1.jpg  

EDIT: Now Launched :All New Honda city (Indian version)-full specs & features .-ganu_250209_honda7.jpg  

Old 26th February 2009, 18:32   #655
BHPian

Alright!! So they got the fog lamps. And I prefer their grill.
Old 26th February 2009, 19:21   #656
Senior - BHPian

it's nothing but the Indian ANHC with all the accessories.The same car was showcased at the Sydney motor show few months back as a 'concept'!
I'm highly doubtful of the Honda City achieving good sales in Dubai, a city known for only luxury cars and supercars.May be taxi owners might upgrade to a City!

Last edited by theragingbull : 26th February 2009 at 19:23.
Old 26th February 2009, 20:33   #657
oss
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbr View Post
In Dubai , the new Honda city was just launched.it looks different then the one availble in India. I prefer the Indian version .

Can you post the interior pics pls.
Old 26th February 2009, 22:03   #658
nbr
BHPian

thats right

Quote:
Originally Posted by theragingbull View Post
it's nothing but the Indian ANHC with all the accessories.The same car was showcased at the Sydney motor show few months back as a 'concept'!
I'm highly doubtful of the Honda City achieving good sales in Dubai, a city known for only luxury cars and supercars.May be taxi owners might upgrade to a City!

its true, Honda city doesnot sell much over here. Even if you see anybody driving a city would be a indian or philiphino. Civic sells more then city & Jazz put together.
Old 26th February 2009, 22:10   #659
nbr
BHPian

Dubais city

Quote:
Originally Posted by oss View Post
Can you post the interior pics pls.
The Dubai city looks like they used the civic grill on the city to cut costs!!! Here's the interiors
Attached Thumbnails
EDIT: Now Launched :All New Honda city (Indian version)-full specs & features .-ganu_250209_honda13.jpg  

EDIT: Now Launched :All New Honda city (Indian version)-full specs & features .-ganu_250209_honda14.jpg  

Old 26th February 2009, 22:22   #660
Senior - BHPian

That grill is the optional extra available here. Not the Civic one. The Civic will get a similar shape for the 2009 version though. Honda is going for a unified front grill look like their other brand Acura's power plenum concept.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks