Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 15th October 2008, 10:21   #511
BHPian

Spoke with the Deccan Honda dealer in Pune again yesterday. They still stick by the 1Lac deposit with a 10% deduction incase you cancel the booking. Also they claim that for corporate customers they'll ensure deliveries before mid-December.
However their demand of 1Lac with 10% deduction has put me off, I'm now plan to start the process of selling off my Santro Xing and then going in for the Fiesta 1.6S.
The ANHC is off the cards for me.
Old 15th October 2008, 11:32   #512
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by autoenthusiast View Post
Spoke with the Deccan Honda dealer in Pune again yesterday. They still stick by the 1Lac deposit with a 10% deduction incase you cancel the booking.
Why think about cancellation if you like the car and make a consious decision to buy the car and get the loan approved? I would suggest you to wait and take a test drive and see if the car matches your need.
Old 15th October 2008, 12:35   #513
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
However their demand of 1Lac with 10% deduction has put me off, I'm now plan to start the process of selling off my Santro Xing and then going in for the Fiesta 1.6S.
The ANHC is off the cards for me.
I think you should call the Honda dealer and tell him the reason why you decided to buy a different car. Shoot off an email to Honda about this too. Going by Honda's attitude, nothing will be done about it but at least they will get the message that they can lose a few sales because of their arrogant behavior.

Last edited by amit : 15th October 2008 at 12:36.
Old 15th October 2008, 13:21   #514
BHPian

Maybe we should send "get well soon" cards (inspired by Munna Bhai) to Deccan Honda? I think this is only dealer specific!
Old 15th October 2008, 15:00   #515
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit View Post
I think you should call the Honda dealer and tell him the reason why you decided to buy a different car. Shoot off an email to Honda about this too. Going by Honda's attitude, nothing will be done about it but at least they will get the message that they can lose a few sales because of their arrogant behavior.
Well yes that's what I told the dealer too, having to give such a large deposit, that too with a deductible component, has made me change my mind and look at something else.
Old 15th October 2008, 15:36   #516
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by libocta View Post
But interiors really disappointed me....
the interior factor plus quite a few missing features in City (alloys, leather, EBD...)
Agreed, it seems that Honda knows that their badge carries a lot of weight in India and hence they try to get away with all they can. Case in point: despite the older NHC being not as well ordained as the competition (Fiesta, Optra, Aveo/Corsa, SX4, etc...) it still outsold these cars (going purely by the number of NHCs I see on my way to anf from work).

Quote:
What's ticked me off is the sheer apathy of the Deccan Honda dealers in Pune.Secondly they can't even promise you a delivery date and no TD. I wouldn't feel comfortable to book a vehicle without a TD.
Mumbai dealers are not any better. They seems to have a polite arrogance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorp 1 View Post
Seems, it's going to be a lighter shade of the sky blue silver.
I did not see any blue in the brochure.
Old 15th October 2008, 16:57   #517
BHPian

Yup, there is no blue which is a pity, red is too loud, the bold beige seems to be yellow and the greys are a tad boring leaving us with taffeta white which is even more so.

autoenthusiast - I was kicked just a couple of weeks ago about getting this but the economic situation has tempered my enthusiasm and I have postponed any purchase decision to second quarter 09 at which point we will be in a better position to evaluate the situation.

However if I were buying I would take the time to write to Honda and express my concern about the one dealer situation which would be a big factor in considering to go ahead with the purchase. That's not healthy for Honda Pune owners and will definitely lead to grief later, definitely, and the worst thing after shelling out 9-10 lakhs of hard earned money for a car is to deal with dealer arrogance. Not acceptable.

I mentioned this before, I think we should start a new thread for Honda Pune owners, prospective owners, to collectively write to Honda about our concerns.

Last edited by raul : 15th October 2008 at 16:59.
Old 16th October 2008, 09:59   #518
BHPian

still no sign on G3HC in Pune showroom. What is Deccan Honda doing ( Guess what, last night they put back G2HC on display)?? 15th Oct has come and gone silently. What is the situation in other places??
Old 16th October 2008, 11:24   #519
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHorse View Post
still no sign on G3HC in Pune showroom. What is Deccan Honda doing ( Guess what, last night they put back G2HC on display)?? 15th Oct has come and gone silently. What is the situation in other places??

Yes and when I called them a week back they mentioned that the display car would be available on the 15th. I wonder if these kind of delays would also occur with the delivery :-(
Old 16th October 2008, 12:56   #520
BHPian

Quote:
Yes and when I called them a week back they mentioned that the display car would be available on the 15th. I wonder if these kind of delays would also occur with the delivery :-(
Here in Blr, the car would be available on display sometime next week.

Priority delivery of vehicles depend on how well you know the dealer. I know certain dealers would not hesitate diverting vehicles meant for someone else and hence you end up with delivery delays :-)
Old 16th October 2008, 13:06   #521
Senior - BHPian

Display in Jaipur

ANHC was on display in Jaipur few days back. It is a true Honda, with a love me or hate me design. I would advice to have a look at the car in person before you do the booking.

Excuse for poor picture quality, the photogenic looks of the car do the filling.

EDIT: Now Launched :All New Honda city (Indian version)-full specs & features .-12102008002.jpg

EDIT: Now Launched :All New Honda city (Indian version)-full specs & features .-12102008005.jpg

EDIT: Now Launched :All New Honda city (Indian version)-full specs & features .-12102008.jpg

EDIT: Now Launched :All New Honda city (Indian version)-full specs & features .-12102008001.jpg

EDIT: Now Launched :All New Honda city (Indian version)-full specs & features .-12102008003.jpg

To me it looked much bigger than NHC and was somewhat looking like Octavia from top front but clearly not defining any segment.
Old 16th October 2008, 13:20   #522
BHPian

Hey Ym-emjn, can you confirm is that red or maroon? Could be my monitor but it looks maroon to me, in Vivekji05's first drive pics it looked red.
Old 16th October 2008, 13:39   #523
Senior - BHPian

It was more towards maroon (certainly much darker than the Octavia red). See the background in the first picture and the forth picture, in first picture there is a true red hanging with Honda logo and in forth in the poster on wall it looks much redder.. but actually it was dark.
Old 16th October 2008, 14:06   #524
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raul View Post
Hey Ym-emjn, can you confirm is that red or maroon? Could be my monitor but it looks maroon to me, in Vivekji05's first drive pics it looked red.
It is very similar to the red that one sees on the Civic, however due to the smaller dimensions of the City, there could be some differences in how it looks on both the cars. This is very evident in the Bluish silver color that is on the NHC and Civic.
Old 16th October 2008, 15:33   #525
Senior - BHPian

I found the Front look a tad too aggressive and in your face kinds. Just my perception!

Most Viewed