Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th October 2008, 19:12   #541
Senior - BHPian

test drive by a magazine

hello everyone

here is the test drive done by ppl at bsmotoring.

source: Top Story - Generation gap - Business Standard Motoring

there are some issues mentioned by them which should be taken care of before the production batch is dispatched to customers.

its gonna sell quite well.
Old 20th October 2008, 00:17   #542

Hello everyone,,
Finally saw the NHC today at one of dealerships. The exteriors are just too good and its specs speaks about its performance. You would appreciate the looks of the car even more after you see it live rather than in the pics.. But the interiors are not all that great with poor quality plastic used on the dash. What adds to the poor quality is the combination of grey, beige and the silver in the SMT model. The silver which is supposed to give alluminum like finish does not. But i guess you would still want to go ahead with the NHC given the overall package and the fact that the competition is nowhere close to the car.

For the ones, who are not very fond of the dual tone interiors and the integrated audio system (IAS), might want to wait for the EMT version till feb-march, which is 50k cheaper. You would rather invest this on alloys and an audio system of your choice. More importantly for me, EMT model will have single tone (greyish-black interiors) which will certainly look better with the aluminium like silver plastic on the dash.
Old 20th October 2008, 09:45   #543
BHPian

ANHC Pros and Cons

Hey guys
Went in to see the ANHC at Classic Honda in Faridabad.
Had a close look at the car and here are my findings about it.
1. Looks quite good IMHO.
2. No fogs and Alloys are a letdown.
3. Looks a bigger car as compared to older generation.
4. Started the engine and i could feel the noise inside the cabin with windows open.
5. Found the AC to be good, but blower noise was on higher side.
6. Its far more spacious at the back seat as compared to prev. generation, however there is not much under-thigh support for a 6 Feet guys like me.
7. The rear boot is quite spacious and to my like.
8. Audio quality is good with deep bass for a OEM fitting.
9. The fabric pieces on the doors and on driver armrest are very cheap, and believe me that they shall get horribly dirty within weeks of usage.Just like swift where it also gets dirty with time, but since in swift they are in dark color its not much visible.
10. Upholstery is OK types, and Optitron meter looks too bright to the eyes.
11. Opened the hood and was shocked to see that there is no engine plate at the bottom to prevent flying pebbles and dirt from damaging the engine.
The earlier city had it and believe me its needed in our road conditions.Imagine the engine being hit by a pebble, and Honda asking for 50 K for repairs. A 9 lacs car deserves such things IMHO.See the attached pic, the red color is of the carpet underneath.
12.The sales guy said that the ground clearance is 160. If he is correct then it seems its lower than even the Civic which stands at 165.

I think its better to wait for a few months for Honda to rectify some anomalies before jumping on to the car.
Attached Thumbnails
EDIT: Now Launched :All New Honda city (Indian version)-full specs & features .-image111.jpg  

Old 20th October 2008, 15:29   #544
Senior - BHPian

Civic has 170mm of GC BTW.
Old 20th October 2008, 16:13   #545
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmortalZ View Post
Civic has 170mm of GC BTW.
Those who worry too much about ground clearance, Octavia has 135mm of GC. So, it boils down to the wheelbase, suspension and the lowest point location, etc.
Old 20th October 2008, 16:33   #546
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by opendro View Post
Those who worry too much about ground clearance, Octavia has 135mm of GC. So, it boils down to the wheelbase, suspension and the lowest point location, etc.
Thats right, imagine having higher GC & longer wheelbase and going over deadly bumper, you're sure to scrape car's underbelly.
Old 20th October 2008, 16:38   #547
BHPian

ANHC display in Bangalore

Ppl in Bangalore, the ANHC would be on display at Dakshin Honda from Wednesday onwards at their Hosur Rd. showroom and this weekend at their Lavelle Road showroom. Not sure about the display dates at Whitefield and Magnum Honda.
Old 20th October 2008, 18:27   #548
BHPian

Magnum Honda has the display date of 26th Oct and deliver by 1st week of Dec, Dakshin has delivery date by 2nd week of Dec
Old 20th October 2008, 18:57   #549
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkywinky View Post
Magnum Honda has the display date of 26th Oct and deliver by 1st week of Dec, Dakshin has delivery date by 2nd week of Dec
Hi TW, congrats on the booking.
DH says they can deliver the S variants in Nov itself and the E variant in Jan. Booking amt is 50K. Need to see the car and decide on the xchange :-)
Old 20th October 2008, 19:08   #550
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaibhav2003 View Post
Hello everyone,,

For the ones, who are not very fond of the dual tone interiors and the integrated audio system (IAS), might want to wait for the EMT version till feb-march, which is 50k cheaper. You would rather invest this on alloys and an audio system of your choice. More importantly for me, EMT model will have single tone (greyish-black interiors) which will certainly look better with the aluminium like silver plastic on the dash.
I suspect waiting will not help. The EMT version has the same grey-beige dual tone interiors, the only difference is the seats in the EMT version are grey while in the SMT they are beige.

I always felt Honda was decent at interiors but in this case they seem to have gone too low cost and compromised the usual look one associates with Honda Interiors.
Old 20th October 2008, 21:58   #551

Booked NHC S-MT at Prime Honda

My parents yesterday booked the NHC at Prime Honda and paid a deposit of 10K.

The expected delivery date according to dealer is first week of December'08. They mentioned it could be a bit earlier as well.

Though we couldn't test drive it but depending on the extensive feedback on this forum (covering test drive, opinions about exterior and interiors and complaints about missing/lacking features) we decided to book it as we really needed a new car Now, hoping that it is delivered on time.

I am not in India right now, but will surely consider all the feedback about tires, missing CD player, etc. Till then my parents should be fine with the "factory built" version

-Rahul
Old 20th October 2008, 22:46   #552

Quote:
Originally Posted by raul View Post
I suspect waiting will not help. The EMT version has the same grey-beige dual tone interiors, the only difference is the seats in the EMT version are grey while in the SMT they are beige.

I always felt Honda was decent at interiors but in this case they seem to have gone too low cost and compromised the usual look one associates with Honda Interiors.
u r right,, its just the seat fabric that will be greyish.. i confused it with the greyish black interiors of the exi.. ,, wishful thinking i guess.. i v anyway booked the EMT today. will live with the beige..

guys, is it possible to get the doors upholstered or something?
Old 30th October 2008, 14:45   #553

need your help urgent!!!

hey guys,
I booked a new honda city SAT.I am really confused with the colour.I hve booked an asbestos silver but the dealer told me that the max. nos of cars booked are white.I am a little hesitant to book white as the front grill is silver and moreover no pics are available of the car in white anywhere.

If any of you have any idea how the car looks in white or have any pics in white or any other suggestions please let me know as soon as possible as i need to confirm the colour to the dealer at the earliest for early dilivery.

PLEASE HELP ME OUT GUYS IM REALLY CONFUSED????
Old 30th October 2008, 15:18   #554
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hot wheels View Post
hey guys,
I booked a new honda city SAT.I am really confused with the colour.I hve booked an asbestos silver but the dealer told me that the max. nos of cars booked are white.I am a little hesitant to book white as the front grill is silver and moreover no pics are available of the car in white anywhere.

If any of you have any idea how the car looks in white or have any pics in white or any other suggestions please let me know as soon as possible as i need to confirm the colour to the dealer at the earliest for early dilivery.

PLEASE HELP ME OUT GUYS IM REALLY CONFUSED????
I dont think there are any pics of white City on the net yet. I think silver City looks neat. I think you should just stick to what you have booked instead of getting confused further!
Old 31st October 2008, 00:24   #555
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoom_vroom View Post
I think its better to wait for a few months for Honda to rectify some anomalies before jumping on to the car.
Do you really believe Honda will rectify stuff in a few months? [esp if past performance is an indication of future]

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks