Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 31st October 2008, 08:56   #556
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sriramv.iyer View Post
Do you really believe Honda will rectify stuff in a few months? [esp if past performance is an indication of future]
Lets hope for the best coz Honda has had the tradition of launching an improvised version within a few months.
It happened with the City ZX and we can hope the same for G3HC.
The shape was elongated a bit and rear tail lights were changed too in City ZX.
Old 31st October 2008, 09:56   #557
BHPian

Honda took 2-3 years to launch revised version / faclift for the NHC when it was launched. Looking at the users comment , I think this will happen within a year for the ANHC.
Old 31st October 2008, 10:35   #558
BHPian

Btw, is there any chance of putting in an after market CD-MP3 player in the G3HC ?? Is there any slot for the same ??
Old 31st October 2008, 11:03   #559
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samirsarkar View Post
Btw, is there any chance of putting in an after market CD-MP3 player in the G3HC ?? Is there any slot for the same ??

Only if you buy the E version which comes without audio
Old 31st October 2008, 17:32   #560
BHPian

Heck...thats bad. I for example, always buy most of my CDs and don't have an I-pod or USB drive where I store my songs. I presume, so will be case with most elderly buyers who are not computer savvy. Honda should have thought about them as well and provided an option to install an aftermarket MP3 player
Old 3rd November 2008, 09:29   #561
BHPian

Quote:
Honda should have thought about them as well and provided an option to install an aftermarket MP3 player
There are several people in the same boat as you are. Maybe Honda will be forced to make a change. I believe there is a slot for a CD player behind the LCD screen. ACI (Nov 08) says that there is an option of adding a CD player at Rs 10000/-. That is rather steep for just a CD player. Not sure what the guys who were specing / pricing this car were thinking.

Maybe they are hoping music companies will start providing music on USB sticks soon. I'm sure folks in National Market definitely can start providing music on cheap Chinese 1GB sticks instead of CDs .

Last edited by CBlazer : 3rd November 2008 at 09:33.
Old 3rd November 2008, 10:09   #562
Senior - BHPian

Went to see (TD not given to anyone in Coimbatore so far) the car. To me it the exterior looks fine (not great though) but the interiors was not impressive. This is the first time, I see a Honda vehicle with plastics not up to the mark.

Most disappointing thing is no version comes with Alloy wheels (like Scorpio), Audio system is another disappinment in a car which is in 10L segment. I do not think it can be a threat to Civic or Corolla or even to SX4. Its one another choice in that segment.

The waiting period would be 1 month, and I saw the old gen City is selling good numbers - though is it only a clearance sale. There is an offer 40K-50K for that by the dealer.
Old 3rd November 2008, 10:18   #563
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sriramv.iyer View Post
Do you really believe Honda will rectify stuff in a few months? [esp if past performance is an indication of future]

There would be a recall from Honda always ;-) for some minor issues. However they sell reliable cars, so there should not be any nagging, issues.

I have issues with Aveo, and the service manager said the issue had come to all the cars released in 2006, as the parts were imported and was not ready for India road conditions. This was a shock to me, as after 5 times they rectified(It has come again now) and accepted this. However GM never recalled any cars, it seems.

Honda has the honest approach, they recall and fix gently.
Old 3rd November 2008, 13:41   #564
BHPian

Quote:
Not sure how much true it is, but I have heard Honda might provide a CD drive that can be connected to the USB port. It will just be a CD-Drive like the one we use in desktops or laptops.
Old 3rd November 2008, 13:54   #565
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolbareilly View Post
Not sure how much true it is, but I have heard Honda might provide a CD drive that can be connected to the USB port. It will just be a CD-Drive like the one we use in desktops or laptops.
Any idea original make and model no. of the HU? If that is known then we can find better answers to these questions than getting it from Honda! If it is custom built, then it would be tough to get any details.
Old 4th November 2008, 11:59   #566
BHPian

At last I managed to see the G3HC at Prime Honda. This car looks awesome, brilliant and huge from outside. I hats off to Honda for such beautiful design. From every angle whether front, rear, side or front three quarter or rear three quarter this car is awesome. Interiors are also not that bad what other members have quoted except for ugly three knobs for aircon. The grey and beige combination is sporty rather executive look, that we use to have in last generation.

I havent got the chance to test drive and have the feel, but I know Honda will not get us down. On a whole this car is good (my personal views) except for these points which we expect in 9.5lacs car.
  1. Alloys
  2. Fog lamps
  3. If they are not providing ACC then atleast the quality of aircon knobs should have been improved.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Path_Finder View Post
Any idea original make and model no. of the HU? If that is known then we can find better answers to these questions than getting it from Honda! If it is custom built, then it would be tough to get any details.
I believe it will be a custom built CD drive (not a player or head unit). The USB port might be used to drive power and transmit data from CD drive to the integrated head unit.
Old 4th November 2008, 13:06   #567
oss
BHPian

Is the TD car available at any dealership, anywhere in India??

At the time of launch they promised that we can TD the car by Mid Oct and that deliveries will start by 1st week of Nov. No news after that......

Looks like Honda is agressively launched but having difficulty in getting the production ramped up.

May be they are still saddled with lots of ZXs, that they are delaying the ANHC rollout.
Old 4th November 2008, 13:46   #568
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by oss View Post

May be they are still saddled with lots of ZXs, that they are delaying the ANHC rollout.
I dont think TD is available yet. My dealer said only two display vehicles available as of now. Maybe after ZX stocks clear they might give it for a TD. But its been over a month since launch , its hightime TD cars are available at the showroom.
Old 4th November 2008, 17:27   #569
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by oss View Post

At the time of launch they promised that we can TD the car by Mid Oct and that deliveries will start by 1st week of Nov. No news after that......

Looks like Honda is agressively launched but having difficulty in getting the production ramped up.

Prime Honda (NCR) confirmed TD car will be available only after 2nd week of November. Honda has actually started the production of G3HC in October mid. It will take time to get the cars available for TD and delivery. Honda dealers are more interested in selling the City ZX stock than booking G3HC.
Old 11th November 2008, 21:09   #570
BHPian

Just checked from someone in chandigarh, the price is 8.47xxx

Most Viewed