Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th November 2008, 23:15   #571
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by agbenny View Post
There would be a recall from Honda always ;-) for some minor issues. However they sell reliable cars, so there should not be any nagging, issues.

I have issues with Aveo, and the service manager said the issue had come to all the cars released in 2006, as the parts were imported and was not ready for India road conditions. This was a shock to me, as after 5 times they rectified(It has come again now) and accepted this. However GM never recalled any cars, it seems.

Honda has the honest approach, they recall and fix gently.
hi,
my first honda city (city LQ). the model before the city ZX had a problem with the front shocks(faulty batch) and they were replaced
Old 12th November 2008, 00:04   #572
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolbareilly View Post
Prime Honda (NCR) confirmed TD car will be available only after 2nd week of November. Honda has actually started the production of G3HC in October mid. It will take time to get the cars available for TD and delivery. Honda dealers are more interested in selling the City ZX stock than booking G3HC.
So is it available for TD in NCR now? In Bangalore the dealer says that the truck carrying the TD car has left Noida and will take another 10 days to reach - well if this is true, then the NCR folks should be having it by now
Old 12th November 2008, 14:22   #573
BHPian

I read a Fiesta S Vs ANHC comparo in TopGear. TopGear says though ANHC has a higher power, it is slow-revving and does not have a 'soul'

Fiesta, with almost twenty horses down won the comparo. I think ANHC will face the same fate as Civic - Will sell great for some time and sales will come down (like Civic sales down now) [I know Civic was launched 3 years ago, and was selling like hot cakes till very recently]

I think guys who switched to Fiesta S from ANHC (read in some other threads) should be very happy souls

Last edited by GTO : 13th November 2008 at 13:34. Reason: Removing content related to deleted posts
Old 12th November 2008, 14:32   #574
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sriramv.iyer View Post
I think guys who switched to Fiesta S from ANHC (read in some other threads) should be very happy souls
Would be true for real enthusiasts but how many are there in this country? Honda has a very good feel of Indian pulse and I think ANHC is a product very much with that in mind. It will appeal to lot of people and it is a very good car really as per ACI (9/10 rating). It has good safety features, good enough interiors, great past history, decent support etc to back it up! And how many people in the world like American cars (except Americans!?)

In any case gone are the days when cars used to last 10 years as far as freshness is concerned. The "freshness"-life of ANHC should be around 2-3 years after which it will need to be replaced as by that time our market would be overflowing with lots of other new cars (like new Lancer, new Fiesta, new Aveo, new SX4, other new cars from maybe other stables like VW,Skoda, Nissan etc). Honda will make lot of money with this car in India in that time.
Old 13th November 2008, 01:24   #575
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samirsarkar View Post
Btw, is there any chance of putting in an after market CD-MP3 player in the G3HC ?? Is there any slot for the same ??
hi,
10000 is the quote from honda. it will be mounted behind existing music player.
Old 13th November 2008, 13:07   #576

Hi all, ANHC is available for TD in Delhi and Chandigarh since 12 Nov 08. Delivery of new city commenced. As per MaxHonda in delhi, Set of 05 Alloy Wheel at an addition cost of Rs 29,500, No option for fog lamp as yet. Can someone tell if fog lamps can be retrofitted post delivery of ANHC?
Old 13th November 2008, 14:36   #577
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mksinha10 View Post
Hi all, ANHC is available for TD in Delhi and Chandigarh since 12 Nov 08. Delivery of new city commenced. As per MaxHonda in delhi, Set of 05 Alloy Wheel at an addition cost of Rs 29,500, No option for fog lamp as yet. Can someone tell if fog lamps can be retrofitted post delivery of ANHC?
29,500 for a set of 5 . Knowing OEM alloys in India, I am sure there are better deals in the market. For 20k a set of 5 can easily be procured and perhaps better than the OEM ones. I don't see a lot of people opting for this. Can you check which brand of alloys is the dealer giving?
Old 13th November 2008, 15:15   #578
Senior - BHPian

29,500 for a set of alloys is damn cheap if its from honda. The OHC alloys used to cost cost 13K each!!! Thats 65K for 5.

Shan2nu
Old 13th November 2008, 15:51   #579
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shan2nu View Post
29,500 for a set of alloys is damn cheap if its from honda. The OHC alloys used to cost cost 13K each!!! Thats 65K for 5.
Whoa! Were they gold or platinum plated or something like that?

That would have been daylight robbery. On second thoughts, were there any takers for these?
Old 13th November 2008, 16:14   #580
BHPian

Quote:

Shan2nu
I guess you can get aftermarket alloys from as low as 15000 ?? Do the alloys have to be necessarily from Honda ??
Old 13th November 2008, 17:26   #581
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samirsarkar View Post
I guess you can get aftermarket alloys from as low as 15000 ?? Do the alloys have to be necessarily from Honda ??
Nope, There is no compulsion. However many people believe getting it from manufacturer doesnt voids the warranty anyway.
Old 13th November 2008, 18:05   #582
BHPian

Quote:

Shan2nu
Holy Cow! And people perceive Honda as a professional brand. This is hideous. Do other car manufactures have such ridiculous prices as well for OEM alloys, if offered as an option? Maruti, Hyundai, Skoda, Toyota? Does not make sense to the informed buyer atleast, although that lot is quite limited in India, I presume.
Old 13th November 2008, 18:13   #583
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Shan2nu
Really? I had got OEM alloy for my Civic from honda last month. It costed only 7k per alloy.

Are we still talking about ANHC?
Old 13th November 2008, 19:00   #584
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderlustindia View Post
Holy Cow! And people perceive Honda as a professional brand. This is hideous. Do other car manufactures have such ridiculous prices as well for OEM alloys, if offered as an option? Maruti, Hyundai, Skoda, Toyota? Does not make sense to the informed buyer atleast, although that lot is quite limited in India, I presume.

Lolz. i think u haven't seen prices by skoda and others ! they are similarly priced or higher !
want to get fainted ? then go through mugen's rate-list too !

and Shan2u just said , they are cheaper compared to what they had offered to OHC, but still they are expensive coz they are from HONDA...
Old 13th November 2008, 22:00   #585
BHPian

Honda as usual charging premium on the Alloys as on the New Launched G3HC ! I will prefer to go for aftermarket Alloys where there is wide variety and choice to select. But had they been offering the Alloys on the Thai G3HC, i won't think twice to go with Honda.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks