Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th November 2008, 18:37   #631
BHPian

Less Rear Headroom

Guys,

Had been to a Honda dealer to check out the ANHC. I dont know if it was my perception but I felt the rear head room was low(and I am short )I felt the NHC had better headroom or what? Can someone please confrim this.

Thanks
Old 29th November 2008, 22:22   #632
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by downsouth View Post
Guys,

Had been to a Honda dealer to check out the ANHC. I dont know if it was my perception but I felt the rear head room was low(and I am short )I felt the NHC had better headroom or what? Can someone please confrim this.

Thanks
Overall height of ANHC is 15mm less compared to NHC. With the same ground clearance, the available headroom should also be less.
Old 29th November 2008, 22:42   #633
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Guys,

Thanks
This has been my observation too. I felt even front headroom isn't great and the windscreen starts dipping right on your face, unlike in NHC.
Old 29th November 2008, 22:57   #634
Senior - BHPian

The rear headroom is not great. The car itself is nothing great. Honda has compromised on lot of things thanks to giving increased power and airbags abs as standard. That means we are getting a more incomplete product compared to NHC yet paying more from our butt.
Old 30th November 2008, 00:36   #635
Senior - BHPian

I don't see any basic flaws with the car design. Infact, it is an impressive engineering effort, IMO. If Honda has skimped on alloys, climate control etc, this is a cost decision, not an engineering issue. As far as I can see, it has style and flair, looks modern, has a best-in-class engine, better driveability, handling, balanced proportions to the NHC which was an oddball design - ugly when originally launched, and somewhat palateable with the ZX revamp. Now, if you want a stylish, balanced car, you have to make some compromises wrt height and overhangs etc. if one is all for utility, then why not go for a van layout rather than a car ? Or maybe one prefers a Fiat Multipla - it will beat the socks off a NHC in terms of leg-room, headroom, shoulder-room if you can stand its looks...

I agree the ANHC cost much more than a iDSi NHC - but it does _not_ cost more than the VTEC NHC ... Its safer (improved rigidity and build), more of a driver's car than the NHC.
Probably, Honda should provide a 1.3l engine option to also play in the iDSI space, and that will make the cost attractive for base models ?

Of course, the accessories are attrociously priced, and Honda has cut corners, but I feel its a very good engineering package ..
Old 1st December 2008, 10:56   #636
BHPian

But its still a "driver's car delight" - would certify that honda engines are the best in class - for the BHP and cc it provides along with best FE. On that driver's enthusiast car and brand image, the honda cars are sold most in India.

The arrow shaped front grill along with Honda badge and Headlamps cleanly strikes a pose and BMW lookalike Tail lamps add more to looks.

Honda knows when to launch and withdraw a model - unlike any car makers except Toyota.

Its december, year end and Holiday spree. A year's change will make a lots to depreciation of vehicle while selling. This plays in minds of all tactiful car owners and they opt to sell thier car before Jan. Also you could get a dec vehicle registered in Jan (new year). So lots of mind game here, played by Honda.

This is right time to cash in with a brand new vehicle that too with a spectacular brand and reliability image in India. Honda folks (atleast Honda SEIL) are smart fellows...rt.
Old 1st December 2008, 11:10   #637
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I dont know if it was my perception but I felt the rear head room was low(and I am short )I felt the NHC had better headroom or what? Can someone please confrim this.

Thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Path_Finder View Post
Overall height of ANHC is 15mm less compared to NHC. With the same ground clearance, the available headroom should also be less.
Spot on! The rear head room is restricted also due to the curvature of the rear windscreen.
Old 1st December 2008, 11:10   #638
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancer_rit View Post
I agree the ANHC cost much more than a iDSi NHC - but it does _not_ cost more than the VTEC NHC ... Its safer (improved rigidity and build), more of a driver's car than the NHC.
Probably, Honda should provide a 1.3l engine option to also play in the iDSI space, and that will make the cost attractive for base models ?
Well i guess, they have reserved the 1.3l engine for Jazz, which will be launched in 2009. They might not want to use similar engines in Jazz and City!
Old 1st December 2008, 12:47   #639
Senior - BHPian

looks, safety, space might be more in the ANHC compared to NHC, but remember that Honda is giving additional features (airbags, abs, ebd etc)in the ANHC at almost the same price as the NHC.
They have to compromise somewhere in the ANHC to beat the cost and maintain the profit margin, so some other aspects like interior quality is bound to go down a notch lower compared to NHC.
Old 1st December 2008, 13:39   #640
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by for_cars1 View Post
looks, safety, space might be more in the ANHC compared to NHC, but remember that Honda is giving additional features (airbags, abs, ebd etc)in the ANHC at almost the same price as the NHC.
They have to compromise somewhere in the ANHC to beat the cost and maintain the profit margin, so some other aspects like interior quality is bound to go down a notch lower compared to NHC.
I agree. Those, who were buying NHC, don't have anything to complain about the ANHC. More power, space, safety, steering mounted auto controls, etc. People have never compared Honda City with anything else. The sales chart had always proved this. So, people will now compare ANHC with NHC only.
Old 1st December 2008, 13:45   #641
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by opendro View Post
I agree. Those, who were buying NHC, don't have anything to complain about the ANHC. More power, space, safety, steering mounted auto controls, etc. People have never compared Honda City with anything else. The sales chart had always proved this. So, people will now compare ANHC with NHC only.
While designing the ANHC, it seems the only car the Honda guys had in mind as the competition was the NHC. Like the TV ad says "Khud se aage jaana hai".
Old 1st December 2008, 16:37   #642
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by opendro View Post
I doubt if this holds good for the set of people mentioned...
am sure there are lot of folks around who were disappointed by the ANHC interiors vs NHC (leave alone competition!). Atleast i was...!

After all you would be sitting inside a 9.5+ L car and would want that plush, luxurious feeling vs admiring( or being admired) the exteriors!
and err..... do i recall some of those posts where people were actually comparing interiors of ANHC vs that of Logan!
Old 16th December 2008, 15:23   #643
BHPian

India is always considered upcoming / upcoming market for automobile manufacturers, but why do we always get second grade product . Honda has launched new City in China with two engine options 1.5 and 1.8. Other than engine options the new City is equipped with
  • Alloys
  • Sunroof
  • Parking Sensors
  • Fog Lamps
  • Automatic Climate Control
  • Cruise Control
  • Side Indicators on ORVM
Got all these details from ¹ãÖݱ¾ÌCity·æ·¶

Honda, if you are listening us can you please answer, when will India get full package atleast as an option.
Old 16th December 2008, 15:54   #644
BHPian

i know there's more chinese people out there than us Indians..any chance of finding one of those folks to translate this page? Mr. Bareilly..how did you manage?

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolbareilly View Post
India is always considered upcoming / upcoming market for automobile manufacturers, but why do we always get second grade product . Honda has launched new City in China with two engine options 1.5 and 1.8. Other than engine options the new City is equipped with
  • Alloys
  • Sunroof
  • Parking Sensors
  • Fog Lamps
  • Automatic Climate Control
  • Cruise Control
  • Side Indicators on ORVM
Got all these details from ¹ãÖݱ¾ÌCity·æ·¶

Honda, if you are listening us can you please answer, when will India get full package atleast as an option.
Old 16th December 2008, 16:09   #645
BHPian

Honda never took India for granted thats why they did well till now. They had left no stone unturned in NHC (except looks). There was nothing missing in it. Hence People had no issues paying the cost. But in ANHC it seems they have started taking India for granted by not providing plush interior or may be they are too sure that car will sell just on basis of exterior. In both the cases Seeing the sales I dont think any of the buyers are complaining.
There are only two reason why its selling. ONE Indian mentality that Honda is Honda. SECOND Very good looking car from outside.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks