Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd September 2008, 11:34   #46
BHPian

When??

Hey,

Looks like a great car when you look at the specs. Does anyone has any idea when will this be launced in India.

Was about to buy Verna Crdi but now am waiting for the AHC.

Regards,
Gourav Sinha
Old 23rd September 2008, 11:42   #47
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Fantastic stuff, Sidindica. Thanks, as always, for sharing this with the community.

116 horses in a car that looks so much better than the awkward 2nd gen. ACI insists it drives better too. Is the magic of the OHC Vtec coming back? Bring it on Honda! Butttttttttttttttt I will be surprised if this is the only engine of choice. All City generations in India have had 2 engine in the range; a smaller FE cheaper unit and a top-end powerful variant. I am dead sure that a 1.3 L or a detuned 1.5 L will make it. If not now, then eventually.

Exclusively selling a powerful variant raises the entry point of the Honda City in India. Not ideal for volumes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post
SRS airbags for driver and front passenger
ABS
height adjustable front seat belts
driver seat height adjustment
FUEL CONSUMPTION METER
Great news.

Quote:
MP3/WMA compatible
system-advanced integrated with USB and I-POD auxiliary input jack only
NO CD PLAYER
Anyone else surprised? After all, how many people have iPods or use USB sticks? CD is still the choice of the masses.

Quote:
steering mounted audio controls
Someone else commented on the City having this while the Civic / Accord don't? Well, Honda will expect the City to have the least amount of chauffeur-driven owners vis a vis the more expensive cars.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya View Post
IMHO, climate control should be made available - atleast as an option.
Took the words right out of my mouth. The Thai City has ghastly slider-type controls!
Old 23rd September 2008, 11:47   #48
Senior - BHPian

Sounds pretty good from the specs, sounds like it will kill any attempts at 'competition' for the bestseller. Finally Honda have decided to replace the underpowered engine - that alone calls for a celebration!
Old 23rd September 2008, 11:50   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrishig View Post
It should be 9.5 OTR in pune w/o any accessory . If the cd player is not present then with standard accessory's ( Seat covers + filming + Music system etc etc ) it should be 10+Lkh OTR in pune.
Right, and that does keep it out of reach for someone like me! :(
So I better compare existing GXI and SX4...

BTW, I heard on IBN yesterday that it will be launched on 25th September - hope that's true!

- Manish
Old 23rd September 2008, 11:50   #50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Anyone else surprised? After all, how many people have iPods or use USB sticks? CD is still the choice of the masses.
GTO, I am not surprised. If someones buying a Honda City, he probably has an Mp3 player. A 4GB USB Stick is just 700 bucks away and will easily substitute a 7 CD changer. Why bother with antique CDs?
Old 23rd September 2008, 11:52   #51
Senior - BHPian

Great stuff as usual Sid. The car overall sounds great especially the engine. However I do feel that a CD player in today's times should have been standard. Also agree with Aditya about the climate control. The SX4 Zxi has it and so does the Swift Zxi. The tyres look a size smaller. They should have gone for 185 rubber atleast.

Can't wait for the launch now.
Old 23rd September 2008, 11:52   #52
BHPian

I think this is going to be a best seller, like all other honda cars in India.
Old 23rd September 2008, 11:55   #53
BHPian

@sid : good information.

Maybe Honda can fit a 1.3L engine into this and they need not think of bringing the Jazz.
Old 23rd September 2008, 12:11   #54
oss
BHPian

Great Information SidIndica. Congrats.

I think they are doing a big mistake by ignoring the Automatic Climate Control. Alloys & Leather seats can be fit in the aftermarket, but Automatic CC is a must.

Add to it all wheel disks and 185 profile tyres, and it will fly off the shelves.

C'mon Honda; are you listening?

Last edited by oss : 23rd September 2008 at 12:20.
Old 23rd September 2008, 12:54   #55
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by oss View Post
Great Information SidIndica. Congrats.

I think they are doing a big mistake by ignoring the Automatic Climate Control. Alloys & Leather seats can be fit in the aftermarket, but Automatic CC is a must.

Add to it all wheel disks and 185 profile tyres, and it will fly off the shelves.

C'mon Honda; are you listening?
I totally agree. We can pay 50K more for ACC and Aloys. Honda please please listen to us. We would love to have ACC.
Old 23rd September 2008, 12:58   #56
Senior - BHPian

Specs look good. The only thing that I am not interested in is the EPS. I was under the impression that Honda will go back to HPS to give the car a more driver centric feel.
Old 23rd September 2008, 13:01   #57
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
I am dead sure that a 1.3 L or a detuned 1.5 L will make it. If not now, then eventually.

Someone else commented on the City having this while the Civic / Accord don't? Well, Honda will expect the City to have the least amount of chauffeur-driven owners vis a vis the more expensive cars.

That was me. Well you got a point but what i meant was previous Gen Accord had it then why does the more expensive Accord doesnt? Heck even the Civic doesnt. I too hope there is a 1.3 L in the near future that would just blow the competition away as City will rule the 7.5-9.5 price bracket .
Old 23rd September 2008, 13:26   #58
BHPian

SidIndica.
Very useful information. Any idea when this guy gets released?
Old 23rd September 2008, 13:34   #59
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyWalker View Post
GTO, I am not surprised. If someones buying a Honda City, he probably has an Mp3 player. A 4GB USB Stick is just 700 bucks away and will easily substitute a 7 CD changer. Why bother with antique CDs?
Very True, you could do away with CDs. Also, I am not sure though - a couple of photos taken during the Thai launch seemed to have a City branded MP3 player / USB stick (the one in red color) would that be right?
Old 23rd September 2008, 14:20   #60
BHPian

118ps is awesome. Hats off to Honda. Now that is what a Honda car should be like.. 5.0m turning radius is unbeleivable!!!! Will be very interesting to note the dimensions of this machine..

While the specs look awesome, pricing will be the most interesting point. At 8.5L ex-showroom Delhi I really don't think this will burn the sales chart. Even in the NHC the VTEC was not a hot seller.

As far as the alloys are concerned I think Honda will bring it in their 15th anniv edition :-)

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks