Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd September 2008, 14:40   #61
Team-BHP Support

Why is everyone so concerned about the alloys ? Go to the market and buy the design you like, instead of OEM which will be costly and offer no choice.

Great specs !!
Old 23rd September 2008, 14:55   #62
BHPian

I think the car deserves to have disc brakes all around.

Nice to see some powerful cars from Honda...
Old 23rd September 2008, 16:54   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Butttttttttttttttt I will be surprised if this is the only engine of choice. All City generations in India have had 2 engine in the range; a smaller FE cheaper unit and a top-end powerful variant. I am dead sure that a 1.3 L or a detuned 1.5 L will make it. If not now, then eventually.
I know what you mean GTO, just spit-ballin here but is it possible that Honda will do a Skoda on us here and sell the low-end variants of the 2nd gen City with the iDSi. I don't expect Honda to do that but you never know. Or may-be from here-on the lower spec version with the economic engine will be the Jazz i.e. the hatch and the sedan will be the one with the bells and whistles, and the vtec engine?
Old 23rd September 2008, 17:52   #64
Senior - BHPian

At this price, I dont think the car will be a great hit. The hinted E version will be the real killer. This is a just a statement of what Honda is capable of. I am sure Honda doesnt mean high volumes for the S version. Honda should know better that only one consolidated model would give the punch to the sales chart.
Old 23rd September 2008, 18:02   #65
Senior - BHPian

couple of points:
The 15 inch wheels explain why Honda is getting rid of 14 inch alloys for the NHC cheap. Just bought five new Honda alloys for my Gxi for 15k a few weeks back.
The lack of a CD player is interesting. Honda has gone from a tape deck in my 2005 car to a CD player in the ZX to none, all in the space of three-and-a-half years!
PS - for all of you wondering when the car will be launched, look in the other ANHC thread:
Sept. 25, Delhi by CEO Takeo Fukui.

Last edited by StarScream : 23rd September 2008 at 18:04.
Old 23rd September 2008, 18:05   #66
Senior - BHPian

I think by bringing out the new City at approx 8.5 lacs and maybe a lower variant, Honda is trying to make space below the 7 lac zone.

This void in their model line up might be filled by the Fit/Jazz. Perhaps this is why they are saving the 1.3 i Vtec as well.

In most South East markets where the Fit/Jazz as well as the City sells the prices overlap one another (sometimes the City being the cheaper option ). Honda cant afford to do that in India due to our lean towards the Sedan models.

Therefore the 1.3 Fit/Jazz will be the lower priced option while the 1.5 City will have just two well specified variants towards the 7 to 9 lac zone.
Well, so me thinks.
Old 23rd September 2008, 18:27   #67
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
Ummm....how did you arrive at that figure? IMO 8.5L ex-showroom means about 9.1L on-road (4% registration, 2.5-3% Insurance). The auto should be about 9.5L on-road.
The road tax is 13% in Karnataka, add 10% municipality tax on road tax, and then 3% insurance. It comes about 9.97L on road for M/T, somebody else calculate for A/T model.
Old 23rd September 2008, 19:03   #68
BHPian

The specs look very intresting, 118PS is great news. If it gives a FE something close to the existing city's it is going to be a big hit.

The 'E' model is the one to look out for, But will the E model also have the same engine spec & Safety features?

At this price i dont think it's fair to be compared with the SX4 & The fiesta petrols, Atleast IMO, when it's a more than a lac expensive than the SX4 & Fiesta it could have had automatic climatic controls atleast.
Old 23rd September 2008, 19:30   #69
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shortbread View Post
I think by bringing out the new City at approx 8.5 lacs and maybe a lower variant, Honda is trying to make space below the 7 lac zone.
This void in their model line up might be filled by the Fit/Jazz. Perhaps this is why they are saving the 1.3 i Vtec as well.
Yes, quite possible. If they start with the lower version of the City first, its very hard to position the Jazz which we have seen is very close in specs in mature markets. I think the 1.3 iVtec (or a slightly reduced capacity to get the excise cut) will be gifted to the Jazz and not to the City for now. In India, anything that has a boot attached will sold at a premium over the hatch. No guess required.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sathee46 View Post
At this price i dont think it's fair to be compared with the SX4 & The fiesta petrols, Atleast IMO, when it's a more than a lac expensive than the SX4 & Fiesta it could have had automatic climatic controls atleast.
The City exits the company of SX4 and the lot and comes closer to the low end of Altis. Climate control should have been atleast an optional feature. Its not a must. I dont see a reason why someone cant live without it.
Old 23rd September 2008, 20:24   #70
BHPian

Sid, this was fantastic. Brilliant work! What's next?

Guys,

I totally agree its a great car, if you consider the spec sheet. But then, the ANHC is coming so close to the Civic/Altis territory now and that makes me wonder!

Should you really buy ANHC or something better which probably sets you back marginally by a few thousands, as far as EMIs are concerned? And if you're comparing the City interiors to those of the Civic E, the latter is from a different world. And the latter is also much safer and sold around the world (unlike the City). Same arguments, mostly, for the Altis too.

Indeed, it is good to have the FE story but then again.... God! It's so close.

25th Sep: Are ANHCs going to be in showrooms, soon after the launch? Or like someone said in the forum, is this going to be a "soft launch", whatever that meant?

BH.

Last edited by BurningHeart : 23rd September 2008 at 20:29.
Old 23rd September 2008, 20:54   #71
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
Why is everyone so concerned about the alloys ? Go to the market and buy the design you like, instead of OEM which will be costly and offer no choice.

Great specs !!

What makes you feel that Indian Customers need to be milked like a poor cow? When the Thai customers can get a fancy alloy why not Indians? Bear in mind the car is priced around 1.5X of what the Thais are paying. Moreover, when I pay close to million bucks on a car I expect somethings to be present in a car of which Alloys are on the top. Also Honda are not going to give me the money to buy the alloy. So as a prospective customer or a critic everyone has a right to feel distressed at the lack of alloys or climate control or rear discs on a car that Indians feel as luxury.
Old 23rd September 2008, 21:08   #72
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mail4ajo View Post
I think the 1.3 iVtec (or a slightly reduced capacity to get the excise cut) will be gifted to the Jazz and not to the City for now.

The City exits the company of SX4 and the lot and comes closer to the low end of Altis.
Ajo, Honda is already workin on a 1.2 litre petrol for the Jazz for Indian market. City will be filling the gap between the SX4 and Altis. I think E version would still compete with SX4 , but still it will be devoid of most features that S will boast. Honda should price E version carefully .

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurningHeart View Post
25th Sep: Are ANHCs going to be in showrooms, soon after the launch? Or like someone said in the forum, is this going to be a "soft launch", whatever that meant?

BH.

Since there are rumours that booking will start soon so i guess they should be in the showrooms by then. The dealer who had quoted me 10 lacs for this car last week, called me today and informed that Deliveries will start after Diwali. He was undergoing training today .
Old 23rd September 2008, 21:13   #73
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mail4ajo View Post
The City exits the company of SX4 and the lot and comes closer to the low end of Altis. Climate control should have been atleast an optional feature. Its not a must. I dont see a reason why someone cant live without it.
Well after buying my car the only thing which I miss on my car is the climatic control, you would feel the need of it when on highways, It's a pain to switch on and off the AC. And on a 10L car I would be pleased to have one. Also there are no option to fit one after-market.
Old 23rd September 2008, 21:14   #74
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post

Great specs !!
Many people just like the Oem alloys given by the company and never do go change tires and alloys unless needed.
Old 23rd September 2008, 21:23   #75

Do you think they'll come out with a newer V version with leather seats, alloys, and a CD player and maybe ORVM indicators and price it about a lac more?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks