Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th September 2008, 15:12   #136
Senior - BHPian

The car looks good, and finally we have some features in the City. But 8.41lac Ex showroom cochin for the 1.5S MT???
Old 25th September 2008, 15:12   #137
BHPian

got a call from Whitefield Honda just now. The sales guy is telling they will have their TD vehicle only in Nov. Now, this, I really think, is a gimmick to pull prospective buyers to the old model....
Old 25th September 2008, 15:14   #138
BHPian

For the first time, I am willing to bet on Petrol. I have booked for test drive. This is too tempting a car now.
Old 25th September 2008, 15:23   #139
BHPian

Me in love again & again & again...

The Honda's have proved yet again. The car is a slap on face who spoke against its Safety features, Power, Equipment, Engine, etc etc.

Price looks just fine for me for an I Vtec engine with whole lot of goodies...

Its time when, MAN NEEDS TO REALLY STAY BACK !
Old 25th September 2008, 15:39   #140
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanthisgreat View Post
This i doubt, as verna and Fiesta are diesels and have their own market. Cedia maybe.
Hemant, Verna doesnt even have ABS or Airbags as an option !!! The only advantage is diesel. Whereas Honda has given them as standard even in the base version!!! Im sure some diesel sedan buyers would surely give a look at New City before jumping to conclusion.

Any idea if the cars are on display in the showrooms???
Old 25th September 2008, 15:46   #141
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karanraheja View Post
Hemant, Verna doesnt even have ABS or Airbags as an option !!! The only advantage is diesel. Whereas Honda has given them as standard even in the base version!!! Im sure some diesel sedan buyers would surely give a look at New City before jumping to conclusion.

I agree! All the while we saw comments about how we would "Gladly" pay up to Rs.1Lac just for the safety features like airbags and ABS ad suddenly when a manufacturer provides these as standard even on the base model, we are mome worried about the pricing part

Just to clarify, this is not against anyone's post above, just a general observation.

I have always agreed that the Hondas commanded a huge premium for their cars that were (most of the times) unjustified. This is one instance where I feel the cars have been priced not so bad afterall. I would compare this with my OHC 1.5 EXi that cost me Rs.8,05,000/- ex-showroom back in 2003. Now we get a 1.5 iVTEC with 118 horses and all safety features for almost the same price. Bravo!

Karan, I will let you know as soon as the first car reaches Coimbatore so we can go check it out. We may not be able to do an official test drive yet, but that does nto stop us from oogling, right?
Old 25th September 2008, 15:53   #142
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sary View Post
The car is a slap on face who spoke against its Safety features, Power, Equipment, Engine, etc etc.
No one spoke against its safety features - we were hoping that Honda wouldn't be stinging as they've done in the past.

By the way, talking about the equipment, any insights on why no leather, alloys & rear disk brakes have been provided?
Old 25th September 2008, 15:58   #143
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karanraheja View Post

Karan,

ABS is offered in the Verna CRDI SX model as a standard fitment for a long time.
Old 25th September 2008, 15:58   #144
Senior - BHPian

yeyyyy!! Fantastic pricing! I am already sold on this ANHC, but only if I had not laid my sight on Altis MT. BTW, any taker for my year old SX4??
Old 25th September 2008, 15:59   #145
BHPian

the noida dealer tells me that the E is coming only in Jan/Feb. Also the Exi / Gxi are not getting discontinued. And deliveries start 15th Nov.

Can anybody pls confirm?
Old 25th September 2008, 16:08   #146
Senior - BHPian

This launch will be a huge blow to dealers looking to clear stock of the existing City. A very Good Car with its own strong points, but unfortuately cant hold a candle to its better looking and more powerful new avatar.

But like i said its still a great car and am wondering the kind of discounts to be slapped on the present City's forehead to clear stock. It will be a great bargain for all those who dont want to push their budgets for the new City and also want better fuel efficiency.

This new launch is going to be great news to customers more ways than one.
Old 25th September 2008, 16:11   #147
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raajiv View Post
Karan,

ABS is offered in the Verna CRDI SX model as a standard fitment for a long time.
I meant the base version of Verna diesel. Nor does the Fiesta ZXi TDCI offer ABS or airbags.

Quote:
Originally Posted by quicksilver View Post
Karan, I will let you know as soon as the first car reaches Coimbatore so we can go check it out. We may not be able to do an official test drive yet, but that does nto stop us from oogling, right?

Right Sri, Gimme a buzz
Old 25th September 2008, 16:13   #148
BHPian

WOOW!!
the car looks ammazing maan!
honda are the kings when it comes to styling.
just love the front grill!
Old 25th September 2008, 16:15   #149
BHPian

Did anyone see the ANHC drive in the new AutoCar? The alloys are to die for, never seen anything so cool - praying that they come to India.
Old 25th September 2008, 16:16   #150
Senior - BHPian

Looks rather nice, and I'm sure the Toyota Corolla will be squeezed out between the ANHC (what a mouthful!) and the Civic.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks