Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th September 2008, 21:50   #181
BHPian

Honda India site is not opening! Might have crashed! If you go by the response, imagine how many people must be on the web trying to access details of the new City.

Great Job by Honda - absolute spot on pricing
Old 25th September 2008, 21:53   #182
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
But Honda ought to offer a smaller engine too. Not everyone is looking for power and would willing compromise on 20 BHP for better FE + a lower price.
If honda do get a 1.3 then the car and pricing would again be a shocker. Lower price means Hot cake selling car. If this model comes out soon then say bye bye to all others in its segment.
Old 25th September 2008, 21:58   #183
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Not only the Altis, but even the Civic will be affected by the new City.
I Completely agree, The City 1.5S AT is obviously a better choice than the Civic 1.8E.A smaller engine is d need of the hour.Everybody does not need so many BHPs under the right foot.

Spot-On pricing Altis now needs to worry about this ANHC coming and overtaking it fast.
Old 25th September 2008, 22:04   #184
BHPian

ANHC is great package and at the reasonable price it is really going to be tough time for other cars in its segment, but how the dealers are going to clear NHC's stocks as all will be looking for the new one.
I have asked for a test drive of NHC for tomorrow. Lets see what discounts and offers are going to be there on it.
Old 25th September 2008, 22:06   #185
BHPian

This one was worth the wait in terms of looks, price and features.
Surprised to see the AT pricing, I was expecting it will be 10L at least.
To my eyes, NHC2008 looks more like a mixed breed of Civic and accord.
Honda will continue to lead this segment for sure, may with a clear leap this time.

Well done Honda.
Old 25th September 2008, 22:13   #186
BHPian

One thing for sure. Its very clear that all safety features will be standard in all new launches in this segment. Safety will prove to be crucial even in the resale value of a car 5 years down the line. Certainly, exciting times ahead.

The ANHC might even make Toyota think about the segment.Imagine Toyota launching a car to compete with the City... Game on!!
Old 25th September 2008, 22:53   #187
Senior - BHPian

I guess the best thing for cars like the Verna and Fiesta is to concentrate on their diesels, cos once the new City 1.3 is launched their petrol models are going to the cleaners at present prices. The Cedia and the SX4 only have the discount route open for them.
Like many BHPians have aldready mentioned this car will even take the battle to the Civic and the Altis.
Old 25th September 2008, 23:12   #188
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarScream View Post
Melds the best of the OHC, NHC and Civic doesn't it?
The fuel efficiency of the NHC, the power and sportiness of the OHC/Civic and the safety features of the Civic.
IMHO this car is a huge threat to the Civic, especially with someone like me who owns the NHC. My logic has always been - what more does the Civic give me over the NHC? More power, AT with paddle shifters and safety features - which are useless (except ABS) if it's driven mostly in urban areas by a chauffeur. On the other hand, the NHC has about as much leg room as the Civic, is more fuel efficient and has a bigger boot.
The ANHC retains all the advantages of the NHC while adding those of the Civic - in one package. Good show Honda.
For me, Honda has taken away the reasons to buy a Civic.
hey bro...lets not even compare the NHC to the civic. the civic gives a lot of things over the current city. first of all bigger car, power, awesome interiors and very spacious cabin. dude, none of the safety features are useless both airbags and abs come in use in city, ask me i have a civic and a swift zxi and my swift saved my life once due to the airbags. the rear legroom in civic is much much more than city.
but, i do agree that the ANHC is a great step up and one might think before buying a civic now when compred to the new city. but, please lets not even compare the NHC to the civic.
Old 25th September 2008, 23:13   #189
Team-BHP Support

Fantastic. Any idea of the OTR prices in Delhi ?

Btw: Where is our dear Diabloo ?
Old 25th September 2008, 23:14   #190
Team-BHP Support

Nice stuff from Honda. Quick to get it to India within a month of launch. Features are not that great just about ok but boy does the car look good.

All hondas have good engine and are spacious but loose out on features. Same goes for accord and Civic.

So the city has a trip computer but the Civic and Accord don't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
Btw: Where is our dear Diabloo ?
Must be out on the streets bursting crackers.

Last edited by Vid6639 : 25th September 2008 at 23:16.
Old 25th September 2008, 23:19   #191
Senior - BHPian

Great car, great looks, nice features. A great car by Honda.

The SX4, Verna, Fiesta are half a segment lower now and will continue to cater to those customers IMO. Someone who has fixed his budget at 8 lacs (OTR), City will be out of reach.
Old 25th September 2008, 23:27   #192
Senior - BHPian

honda site down... but it wont let down anyone.. as there will be tons of folks ready with their cheque books at the showroom
Old 25th September 2008, 23:37   #193
BANNED

its up and running since evening nothing juicy really. cheap indian crappy wheel caps. i was never excited because the pics are hot and the real thing in INDIA is so sad its not funny.

Last edited by aah78 : 26th September 2008 at 00:51. Reason: exited or excited? changed.
Old 25th September 2008, 23:40   #194
Senior - BHPian

Fabulous car and great positioning and pricing. I remember the OHC 1.5 used to cost ~7.5l ex-showroom (Delhi) in 2003 and the VTEC a tad over ~8l.
5+ years later, and we have a much improved City (kudos to Honda for the safety features on all models) at 7.7l and 8.2l ex-Delhi :-)
Man, this must be the only product whose price didn't go up (inflation and all) and content improved significantly!

We can almost forgive Honda for not offering mud-guards in the 1.5E version because they didn't cutdown on the safety ;-)

When will cars be available for test drive ?
Old 25th September 2008, 23:41   #195
Senior - BHPian

Yes, the CITY is finally here. It looks like a million dollars and the price is absoultely mouth-watering. 10 lakhs for such an awesome car is really cool

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks