Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th September 2008, 14:59   #226
BHPian

Just received a Call from RRH NCR, they said Demo Car will come around 15th Oct. Booking has been started, you can book now and take test ride after 15th Oct. And delivery will start after Nov Only.

So anyways the wait period from now is 2 months. If you book it today.
Old 26th September 2008, 15:03   #227
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amartya View Post
I personally think that the rear three quarter styling in not upto the mark.
Well all i would say that the rear shown in the Inspiration Pics would have looked awesome on this. But im still not complaining much on this rear design. Its digestable & yeah im surprised its got such a huge boot ( 506 litres) after looking at the rear. I heard its bigger than one in Altis! Is it true??

One question i would like to ask is how many of our members have booked this car?? Or is it that they waiting for a test drive before booking!
Old 26th September 2008, 15:15   #228
BHPian

The bar is again set by Honda. The increase in Price is actually blessing in disguise for other manufacturers, since they all spec their product prices on the lines on honda prices...I'm sure Altis will go downwards
Old 26th September 2008, 15:20   #229
BHPian

The torque is making me wait.

Quote:
Originally Posted by karanraheja View Post
One question i would like to ask is how many of our members have booked this car?? Or is it that they waiting for a test drive before booking!
If I were not a diesel maniac, I would have gone and booked right away. Or if they had given a torque of 194Nm at 1750rpm or something like that, I would booked then also. Now, I would want to wait till test drive.
Old 26th September 2008, 15:25   #230
BHPian

wow these prices are dangerously close to the price of the civic espec the city AT(priced at Rs.10 lacs ++) to the manual civic.

Last edited by TRANSAM : 26th September 2008 at 15:26.
Old 26th September 2008, 15:26   #231
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karanraheja View Post
Well all i would say that the rear shown in the Inspiration Pics would have looked awesome on this. But im still not complaining much on this rear design. Its digestable & yeah im surprised its got such a huge boot ( 506 litres) after looking at the rear. I heard its bigger than one in Altis! Is it true??
Don't know about the Altis but the ANHC boot is definitely bigger than the Civic and the previous Accord.
Old 26th September 2008, 15:39   #232
Senior - BHPian

EX Showroom Prices Delhi :

1.5E MT ( 7,70,000 )
1.5S MT ( 8,20,000 )
1.5S AT ( 8,70,000 )

No Test Drive car or display car in Delhi till October Mid
Deliveries of Car start November (1st week)
Old 26th September 2008, 15:43   #233
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarScream View Post
Don't know about the Altis but the ANHC boot is definitely bigger than the Civic and the previous Accord.
506L is a big boot. Comparable ones are SX4 (505), Octavia (530). Altis is 475 and most other C/D segment cars are in 400-450 range. And Civic is poor 380!
Old 26th September 2008, 15:45   #234
Senior - BHPian

Horses for courses Sanchits:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanchits View Post
hey bro...lets not even compare the NHC to the civic.
Didn't mean to offend you dude. But as an NHC owner, thinking of an upgrade, the comparison is inevitable.

the civic gives a lot of things over the current city. first of all bigger car, power, awesome interiors and very spacious cabin.
Yes, I said that myself. But, my point was, the NHC is no slouch when it comes to cabin space or interiors.

dude, none of the safety features are useless both airbags and abs come in use in city, ask me i have a civic and a swift zxi and my swift saved my life once due to the airbags.
What I said was the safety features, apart from ABS, are useless if the car is driven by a driver most of the time. In the event of a crash, the driver gets saved by airbags but what of the the sahab at the back? Sinilarly, what use is the greater power if the car is mostly driven in the city? In that case, factors like fuel efficiency play a bigger role and there the NHC trounces the Civic.

the rear legroom in civic is much much more than city.
Disagree with you there. It's about the same. If there is a difference, it's very marginal.

but, i do agree that the ANHC is a great step up and one might think before buying a civic now when compred to the new city. but, please lets not even compare the NHC to the civic.
Ok I promise I won't compare the two again . For me the ANHC pretty much puts paid to any plans to buy the Civic - agree with you there.

Last edited by StarScream : 26th September 2008 at 15:47.
Old 26th September 2008, 16:38   #235
Senior - BHPian

Why no Alloys, no Auto Climate control, no fogs, no blinkers on Ovrms, MP3 discs not compatible (or is it no discs?)? Ground clearance again 160, why?

All safety features and additional features like range and average display, top notch music system with audio control, nice design and E10 compatible engine are welcome. 15" wheels, great.

Price wise not very satisfactory as this won't be the top model as still missing on many features for a premium C segmenter like top model of Megnum.

Overall a winner and a true 'CITY'. After seriously considering over Altis - Altis wins, for me!! Seriously. Even Altis – G.
Old 26th September 2008, 16:47   #236
BHPian

I don't understand why people are still cribbing when they are getting a car much better than the NHC VTEC at lesser price.
Old 26th September 2008, 17:11   #237
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by opendro View Post
I don't understand why people are still cribbing when they are getting a car much better than the NHC VTEC at lesser price.
because it is still THE most expensive car in its segment and SX4 etc provide these features for less money.

OHC VTEC is from a different era where competetion and choices was less. A dealer can't use that pitch to sell his cars today.

Last edited by Mpower : 26th September 2008 at 20:36.
Old 26th September 2008, 17:21   #238
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
because it is still THE most expensive car in its segment and SX4 etc provide these features for less money.

OHC VTEC is from a different era where competetion and choices was less. A dealer can't use that pitch to sell his cars today.
Very True. ANHC is great in comparision to NHC. But certain things like climate control, alloys, leather, fog lights etc. which are available on high end Fiesta, SX4 etc. iteself can add up to substancial ammount. ANHC has saved all of this. However full marks to Honda for not having compromised any of the safety features on all models.

Old 26th September 2008, 17:23   #239
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ym-enjn View Post
Why no Alloys, no Auto Climate control, no fogs, no blinkers on Ovrms, MP3 discs not compatible (or is it no discs?)? Ground clearance again 160, why?
Which car in this segment gives you good Alloys- company fitted...
Auto Climate control.. can be skipped looking at other features which ANHC is giving like Paddle shift, rear AC vents, Cruise Control and many more.......

Quote:
All safety features and additional features like range and average display, top notch music system with audio control, nice design and E10 compatible engine are welcome. 15" wheels, great.

Price wise not very satisfactory as this won't be the top model as still missing on many features for a premium C segmenter like top model of Megnum.
If you want to compare magnum compare it with Civic and then lets compare the features....

Quote:
Overall a winner and a true 'CITY'. After seriously considering over Altis - Altis wins, for me!! Seriously. Even Altis – G.
You cant compare Altis with AHNC... If have that much money I will go for Magnum Anyday..... In this budget ANHC anyday for me

Last edited by dhall_gagan : 26th September 2008 at 17:25.
Old 26th September 2008, 17:28   #240
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post

But they have surely improved on many things.. like they were giving away Cassette players 2 years back when people had stopped purchsing cassettes....., No ABS, Airbags nothing......

Now, they have Paddle shift... cool interiors.. Nice Integrated system... Cruise Control kinda feature... all in all greattt stuff....

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks