Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 26th September 2008, 17:35   #241
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhall_gagan View Post
Which car in this segment gives you good Alloys- company fitted...
Auto Climate control.. can be skipped looking at other features which ANHC is giving like Paddle shift, rear AC vents, Cruise Control and many more.......
Cruise Control ? Where did that come from ? the new Honda City doesn't have Cruise Control.
Old 26th September 2008, 17:36   #242
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
can be skipped looking at other features which ANHC is giving like Paddle shift, rear AC vents, Cruise Control and many more
Sorry for my ignorance, but are you sure these (rear AC vents, Cruise Control) are present in ANHC? I didn't remember reading any of that in the specification.
Old 26th September 2008, 17:50   #243
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karanraheja View Post
im surprised its got such a huge boot ( 506 litres) after looking at the rear. I heard its bigger than one in Altis! Is it true??
Yes boot of Altis ( i think 475) is smaller. It is also strange that bigger cars like Civic and even Accord having much smaller boot than their younger sibbling
Old 26th September 2008, 17:59   #244
BHPian

I liked the G3HC but the price still dissappoints me.
I think its a bit overpriced still. At this price it could have had Climate control alloys and if possible seat covers too.
Some would say that we are getting i-VTEC engine, but don't you think technology becomes cheap with time. Engine change doesn't warrant higher costs.Also it was the need of the hour for Honda as their last gen. VTEC was getting old.
All thanks to Maruti for starting of the price war by launching fully loaded SX4 at a competitive price.
What remains to be seen is whether G3HC can match with the IDSI powered sibling in terms of mileage. I am not cribbing if Honda has given more power on the tap, but with rising fuel costs and no alternative for diesel in Honda stable, City needs to deliver on the mileage front. Afterall more and more urban users would be using it for daily city commute.
Old 26th September 2008, 18:02   #245
BHPian

Quote:
Its not a question good or bad. Certainly stock alloys look way better than stock wheel caps. I wouldnt want to have wheelcaps after paying a premium compared to other cars in the seg. Also even if you insist on the stock alloys, Fiesta-S has a fab stock alloy. Much better than even the Civic's.
Old 26th September 2008, 18:19   #246
BHPian

I remember reading about the rear AC vents on the honda website but i dont think it has cruise control.
Quote:
Originally Posted by iTNerd View Post
Sorry for my ignorance, but are you sure these (rear AC vents, Cruise Control) are present in ANHC? I didn't remember reading any of that in the specification.
Old 26th September 2008, 19:26   #247
BHPian

Quote:
Auto Climate control.. can be skipped looking at other features which ANHC is giving like Paddle shift, rear AC vents, Cruise Control and many more..
The website says something about "under-seat ducts for the rear seat passengers", Not sure if to take these as rear AC vents, I dont think there is cruise control either.

And for the Alloys, It's not about good or bad. When buying a top end car one would prefer to have them as a whole package, rather than spending another 15-30K. Even the NHC had decent alloys... hmmm and yes the Fiesta's alloys are cool.
Old 26th September 2008, 20:02   #248

Good time to buy??

Will this be a good time to book the ANHC or is it better to wait till nov or dec and see some more reviews, few KMs report etc?? Also, is it expected that first lot may have some teething issues and eventually more improved versions with small rectifications will come? It's a stretch for me to buy ANHC so i just want to be doubly sure that i am getting the best car what my money can buy for me..Gurus, looking forward for your advise..
Old 26th September 2008, 20:19   #249
BHPian

Thats good to know Honda has ploughed some more horses which were required. But the interiors are not upto the mark. Also the worst part is the pricing.
Old 26th September 2008, 20:29   #250
Senior - BHPian

I thought the best part is the pricing?
Old 26th September 2008, 20:37   #251
BHPian

Still not sure about this car Turning Radius, Site says 5.3 (m) and first page of this thread says 5.0 (m) even some Auto sites says 5.0 (m). So which one is correct 5.0 or 5.3
Old 26th September 2008, 21:00   #252
BHPian

@ NEw City S

I have been reading posts about Fiesta & City for about a month here now...
have been trying to make up my mind and choose between Fiesta Sxi & New City..
now that the specs and tentative price is known, am not sure how much of value am i getting in the new City...
for me( excuse my ignorance if u think so), new city seems to have matched on lot of existing features/ specs of competition and not added anything significantly different..
If i'm to look at Fiesta Sxi's spec Vs City S, i guess i will end up paying about 1.3 L more and will get almost similar features ( fiesta still 100 CC more and more torque @ lower RPM) and wont have any leather seats or CD player... so will infact need to invest some more money to get these additional things...

Of' course if the arguement is its "Honda" the brand and not "Ford", am not too sure that wud be sufficient argument,,

what say?

p.s would be thankful for any guidance in choosing between these 2
Old 26th September 2008, 21:06   #253
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by metropolis View Post
Thats good to know Honda has ploughed some more horses which were required. But the interiors are not upto the mark. Also the worst part is the pricing.
First of all i think Honda has priced it quite well. I think many people expected Honda to price it more . I agree interiors could have been better. I would like to see if SX4 sales compared to this City after few months. But im sure many buyers would nt mind spending more for Honda badge, looks, VTEC .
Old 26th September 2008, 22:14   #254
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sathee46 View Post
The website says something about "under-seat ducts for the rear seat passengers", Not sure if to take these as rear AC vents, I dont think there is cruise control either.
Hi Sathee.. they are ducts under the seat and not AC vents as seen on higher segmenters. Even the outgoing City has these ducts below the seats. The website has a graphic showing the air flow. Cheers.
Old 26th September 2008, 22:27   #255
BHPian

i agree with sidindica's details of the ANHC.
however i think there are no front fog lamps on the car - source - the brochure of the ANHC which i recieved today, and for those who r interested is the same as available on the honda official website.
music player is non-cd, only ipod and usb drive compatible+radio. also i am not sure if i can upgrade to an after market 2 din player, maybe a 1 din one may be possible, but am skeptical.
alloys r still not confirmed as the brochure shows two different types of wheels in different pictures, so i am keeping my fingers crossed.
even the paddle shift option, as most of the users may think, it does not give the driver complete control over the car. the rpm's in any gear are capped to 4000 ( source Honda CIVIC-AT which also peaks at bout 6500 rpm max)
price on road-mumbai for the s-at version is almost 11 lacs which is honda civic -e, skoda rider and corolla executive territory.
after owning hondas for almost 8 years now, i agree with most of the posters here that honda never gives a fully loaded car.
still personally, i will prefer a honda to a suzuki/chevrolet/ford anyday.
more updates as soon as get them
ciao

Most Viewed