Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th September 2008, 22:38   #256
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam003 View Post
Still not sure about this car Turning Radius, Site says 5.3 (m) and first page of this thread says 5.0 (m) even some Auto sites says 5.0 (m). So which one is correct 5.0 or 5.3
It is 5.3 as clearly told on Honda website itself. So this has to be correct. It is also logical since they have increased the wheel base from 2450 to 2550mm. That will in turn compromise on the turning radius. So while NHC has a turning radius of 4.9m, the new one has 5.3m. This is a big compromise that Honda has made.

To me the turning radius is a very important specification for agility & maneuverability in city traffic. Clear thumbs down here:( - Only consolation here is the speed sensng power steering.
Old 26th September 2008, 23:30   #257
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by biju_kp View Post
SidIndica.
Very useful information. Any idea when this guy gets released?
I thought the "guy" in this segment was the SX4!
Old 26th September 2008, 23:36   #258
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by libocta View Post
If i'm to look at Fiesta Sxi's spec Vs City S, i guess i will end up paying about 1.3 L more and will get almost similar features ( fiesta still 100 CC more and more torque @ lower RPM) and wont have any leather seats or CD player... so will infact need to invest some more money to get these additional things...
What about Alloys. Is Alloys included in your Fiesta? Honda has VTEC but the 100 cc makes up for it I guess.
Old 26th September 2008, 23:46   #259
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
What about Alloys. Is Alloys included in your Fiesta? Honda has VTEC but the 100 cc makes up for it I guess.
I think the Sxi doesn't have alloys. The 1.6S has neat OEM alloys.

But I still am not sure if the Fiesta and the City can be compared. Even now the NHC turns more heads than the Fiesta. The ANHC will twist the bones in the neck
Old 27th September 2008, 00:08   #260
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fountainheader View Post
I think the Sxi doesn't have alloys. The 1.6S has neat OEM alloys.

But I still am not sure if the Fiesta and the City can be compared. Even now the NHC turns more heads than the Fiesta. The ANHC will twist the bones in the neck
Fiesta SXi has alloys, leather seats, fog lamps, CD player, remote boot release, reading lamps, indicator on OVRM (only fancy!) that you won’t find on City. Instead ANHC has steering mounted audio controls and 1.3L extra!
Old 27th September 2008, 00:36   #261
BHPian

ANHC is contemporary & completely modern car, as can be made out from G-CON structure Honda has put into it. Whole styling is awesome (from pics atleast). Fiesta is excellent car but am sure that it cannot match Honda in terms of build quality, reliability, i-VTEC's refinement/performance or frugality in 'sipping' the gas. And this holds worldwide. Add to that, slow depreciation and head turning styling...a package to beat is ready.

I think Honda website is pathetic at best and maybe, just maybe, all info is still not available. I mean feature list looked real short to me. Maybe more equipment is standard across variants and thus not specifically listed.

QUOTE=Path_Finder;993285]Fiesta SXi has alloys, leather seats, fog lamps, CD player, remote boot release, reading lamps, indicator on OVRM (only fancy!) that you won’t find on City. Instead ANHC has steering mounted audio controls and 1.3L extra![/quote]
Old 27th September 2008, 00:47   #262
IMP
BHPian

What a boring launch for such a good car! at least they could have had some demo cars. IMO takes out all of the fun that is associated with a launch.
Old 27th September 2008, 01:00   #263
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5kmiles View Post
ANHC is contemporary & completely modern car, as can be made out from G-CON structure Honda has put into it.
Don't get 'CONned' by jargon like this - most manufacturers do this in one form or another. Even the outgoing HC has this form of stiffening.
cheers!
Old 27th September 2008, 01:01   #264
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Path_Finder View Post
Fiesta SXi has alloys..........!
all correct except the alloy bit...

Alloys only on the sports version (1.6S) but then that wont have leather seats,,,
..errr.. there i go again...
I have been reading too much of specs these days..
have gone to an extent where i'm looking at #valves/cylinder

but then, do we need to create a thread(or someone created one??) for Fiesta vs G3HC so that atleast i get more pro advices..?

As i said, since i'm unable to spot anything distinctively diff in new City ( other than novelty of new car), not able to evaluate if that extra 13-1.5L is worth it.
Old 27th September 2008, 02:41   #265
Senior - BHPian

dosen't the side profile of the new City look inspired (not copied) or similar to that of the latest Lancer in Japanese/US markets.
Old 27th September 2008, 03:36   #266
BHPian

Friends,
I have to say, I am smitten by the honda city 2009. Its just so well packaged and has got head turning looks. Its a big step ahead of the outgoing model(always hated it) even if we consider the vtec variant of the previous one. The only minor thing is that they increased the min. turning radius to 5.3m as compared to the previous models' 4.9, This will make it a little difficult to turn in tight city lanes. I was expecting disc brakes on all fours but its the sameold two drums and two discs but its got ABS as standard on all variants. Rest everything is superb, have to see the build quality though. It looks gorgeous in black, and with 118ps on tap I am expecting a sub 10 sec time to a 100kmph. Interiors are also great, lets hope the build quality is as good as it looks and packaged. With around 9,10,000(ex-SR in Bangalore) for the AT with paddle shift, I think its a excellent package. Though its around 70k more than the manual variant with similar trim but I would opt for the AT with paddles anytime. Looking forward to a test drive soon.

Cheers
Old 27th September 2008, 07:27   #267
oss
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by uday.ere View Post
Hi Sathee.. they are ducts under the seat and not AC vents as seen on higher segmenters. Even the outgoing City has these ducts below the seats. The website has a graphic showing the air flow. Cheers.
What's the difference? Both are for circulating cold air, right?
Old 27th September 2008, 07:32   #268
oss
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam003 View Post
Still not sure about this car Turning Radius, Site says 5.3 (m) and first page of this thread says 5.0 (m) even some Auto sites says 5.0 (m). So which one is correct 5.0 or 5.3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Path_Finder View Post
It is 5.3 as clearly told on Honda website itself. So this has to be correct. It is also logical since they have increased the wheel base from 2450 to 2550mm. That will in turn compromise on the turning radius. So while NHC has a turning radius of 4.9m, the new one has 5.3m. This is a big compromise that Honda has made.
I think this is a mistake in the website. The Thai version says the turning circle radius is 5.0m, with the same wheelbase as the Indian version. With all the car specs being the same, how come the turning circle radius alone got increased to 5.3???
Old 27th September 2008, 09:16   #269
BHPian

Booking @ Mumbai

does anyone know when the booking for the new city starts in mumbai?
when will it hit the showroom?

I guess the ORP will be clear only once it hits the showroom & booking starts
Old 27th September 2008, 09:33   #270
BHPian

Oh Boy! Kuddos Honda. This time they gonna kill the market.

So, much they are giving in ANHC.

No Offense but This is a SX4 killer for sure.

They got everything which was shouted hard by Maruti Guys, integrated music system, steering controls, abs + ebd, air bags and bla bla only thing they havnt got is the 190 mm ground clearance.

All the magazines were after NHC and comparing it with SX4. ANHC is the Best Ans. Honda can give. Solid Price Structure with goodies and 118 hp i-vec engine.

I had never been a Honda Fan, because of thier over priced structures and not providing goodies to their cars. But yes, now i must appriciate them.

Last edited by Gangsta : 27th September 2008 at 09:37.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks