Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th September 2008, 09:38   #271
BHPian

recently got talking with a friend of mine who happens to be a motoring journo , well turns out he was wildly excited and told me it looks sensational in flesh , the interiors mimic the civic somewhat , but the real party peice is its engine . The base version is overpriced , the one that makes sense is the middle one , one thing though it can canibalise civic sales in the same way the dzire has done with the sx4.
Old 27th September 2008, 10:25   #272
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by libocta View Post
I have been reading posts about Fiesta & City for about a month here now...
have been trying to make up my mind and choose between Fiesta Sxi & New City..
now that the specs and tentative price is known, am not sure how much of value am i getting in the new City...
for me( excuse my ignorance if u think so), new city seems to have matched on lot of existing features/ specs of competition and not added anything significantly different..
If i'm to look at Fiesta Sxi's spec Vs City S, i guess i will end up paying about 1.3 L more and will get almost similar features ( fiesta still 100 CC more and more torque @ lower RPM) and wont have any leather seats or CD player... so will infact need to invest some more money to get these additional things...
Fiesta does not have airbags, boot is smaller, City is more modern and stylish. ACI says engine response is linear, and accelerates fast at low rpms. Fuel efficiency will be higher in the City. Honda is also providing 2 year warranty (+ 2 years extended warranty option) compared to Fiesta's 1 year warranty. ANHC is bigger and more spacious inside.

OTOH, Fiesta SXI has more kit - 6CD changer, leather seats and the like - its also a good car.

My preference would be for ANHC :-)
Old 27th September 2008, 11:03   #273
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyline gtr r34 View Post
The base version is overpriced , the one that makes sense is the middle one
Well 7.7 ex showroom is quite decent when you have ABS & SRS Airbags as standard ! Yes it does have some premium but you get a VTEC engine at that price . Common what more do you want at that price??? It depends a person who is not too keen on beige interiors and prefers to install market audio system will go for the E version and with the lil more savings he can put new rubber & alloys too. So it depends from person to person.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Path_Finder View Post
Fiesta SXi has alloys
I think you are mistaken my friend. Those are wheel caps .
Old 27th September 2008, 11:08   #274
Team-BHP Support

Whatever you lose on the initial price, you will gain during the ownership and the resale; perhaps even more. So its ANHC over the Fiesta anyday if you can afford the upfront cost.
Old 27th September 2008, 11:28   #275
BHPian

Quote:
does anyone know when the booking for the new city starts in mumbai?
when will it hit the showroom?

I guess the ORP will be clear only once it hits the showroom & booking starts
Libocta thy have started taking booking in delhi and also have brochures alongwith the price list - ORP. I suppose they must have started taking bookings in Mumbai also by know.

The car will be in display by mid October in Delhi

ORP in Delhi are like this (rounded the figures):

E 829000

S MT 883000

S AT 959000

Last edited by S_budhiraj : 27th September 2008 at 11:29.
Old 27th September 2008, 11:40   #276
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Synchronized, 5-Speed Forward & 1 Reverse |5AT with Paddle Shift & 1 Reserve
does anyone notice the vocabulary blunder in Honda City Specifications for the AT model... Reserve instead of Reverse!!!! Seems the website was forced upon without any QA checks!
Old 27th September 2008, 12:17   #277
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sardaritesh View Post
Will this be a good time to book the ANHC or is it better to wait till nov or dec and see some more reviews, few KMs report etc?? Also, is it expected that first lot may have some teething issues and eventually more improved versions with small rectifications will come? It's a stretch for me to buy ANHC so i just want to be doubly sure that i am getting the best car what my money can buy for me..Gurus, looking forward for your advise..
Would strongly suggest to wait till the test drive. IF you do booking now you have to pay only 50000 Rs and that will stay with the dealer only.

Also if you are bit flexible from Honda then wait for Maruti's to show their cards. Very easy for Maruti to give a fully loaded SX4 ""Diesel"" with even more features then ANHC at the same price.

Quote:
Originally Posted by karanraheja View Post
First of all i think Honda has priced it quite well. I think many people expected Honda to price it more . I agree interiors could have been better. I would like to see if SX4 sales compared to this City after few months. But im sure many buyers would nt mind spending more for Honda badge, looks, VTEC .
I think its unfair to compair old SX4 (current) with ANHC. Maruti will soon have an idea to launch SX4 diesel at same price. Then the compairison will be fair.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dipen View Post
dosen't the side profile of the new City look inspired (not copied) or similar to that of the latest Lancer in Japanese/US markets.
Yes it looks similar to even the old lancer in India from few front angles but it would not be justified to not like this design, it is awesome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
Whatever you lose on the initial price, you will gain during the ownership and the resale; perhaps even more. So its ANHC over the Fiesta anyday if you can afford the upfront cost.
Totally agreed on this. Honda's have better resale then Ford.
Old 27th September 2008, 12:34   #278
BHPian

Quote:
but then, do we need to create a thread(or someone created one??) for Fiesta vs G3HC so that atleast i get more pro advices..?

As i said, since i'm unable to spot anything distinctively diff in new City ( other than novelty of new car), not able to evaluate if that extra 13-1.5L is worth it.
Ya i hope there will be one after the TD report of the G3HC, Add SX4 too

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancer_rit View Post
Fiesta does not have airbags, boot is smaller, City is more modern and stylish. ACI says engine response is linear, and accelerates fast at low rpms. Fuel efficiency will be higher in the City. Honda is also providing 2 year warranty (+ 2 years extended warranty option) compared to Fiesta's 1 year warranty. ANHC is bigger and more spacious inside.

OTOH, Fiesta SXI has more kit - 6CD changer, leather seats and the like - its also a good car.

My preference would be for ANHC :-)
Fiesta does have Airbags, ABS, Alloys, 2 Years / 1,00,000 KMS Warranty & Hieght adjustable seats, 4.9M Turning radius, Independent suspensions (Sxi has leather seats intead of alloys). And is 1L+ lesser

The G3HC has i-Vtec and 118Ps

It's too early to compare these, As always every car will have it's own pros and cons. Let's wait for a TD report!!
Old 27th September 2008, 13:25   #279
BHPian

I'm glad Honda came out with this one. A bit disappointed that they've resorted to some cost cutting (no alloy wheels, etc.).

Anyway, I'm awaiting some TD reports. Especially interested to know if they've done something to the soft suspension (the GC is same as the old one) and the power steering.

I wasn't able to find any mention of the turning radius on the website. Can someone point me to the spec sheet?
Old 27th September 2008, 13:39   #280
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ym-enjn View Post
Also if you are bit flexible from Honda then wait for Maruti's to show their cards. Very easy for Maruti to give a fully loaded SX4 ""Diesel"" with even more features then ANHC at the same price.

I think its unfair to compair old SX4 (current) with ANHC. Maruti will soon have an idea to launch SX4 diesel at same price. Then the compairison will be fair.
Given the current mara-mari over the Diesel Swift & Dzires I don't think it's possible for Maruti to launch the SX4 diesel anytime soon. If you already have 6-8 months waiting lists for two vehicles due to non-availability of engines, what are the chances of a third vehicle coming in featuring the same engine??

And what is the waiting period going to be if it is introduced now? 1.5 years? Is it going to be a case of "Welcome back to the good old days of the '70's my friend!" Here is the Padmini & here is the Amby, choose any waiting period only 2 to 3 years!
Old 27th September 2008, 13:42   #281
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ym-enjn View Post
........... Honda's have better resale then Ford.
hmm...
but dont u guys think this is no more a strong decision factor if the price difference is about 1.4 L (SXi vs S MT) ?
i mean both cars bought around same time and assuming in similar maintained conditions, how much could be the resale value diff (say after 4-5 yrs)?

since this will be my first car, not sure if should go with my heart (which has inclination towards SXi) or look at factors like resale, popular brand choice,......

btw, any good site which will give me a tentative idea of resale values?
Old 27th September 2008, 13:52   #282
oss
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gangsta View Post
Oh Boy! Kuddos Honda. This time they gonna kill the market.

So, much they are giving in ANHC.

No Offense but This is a SX4 killer for sure.

They got everything which was shouted hard by Maruti Guys, integrated music system, steering controls, abs + ebd, air bags and bla bla only thing they havnt got is the 190 mm ground clearance.

All the magazines were after NHC and comparing it with SX4. ANHC is the Best Ans. Honda can give. Solid Price Structure with goodies and 118 hp i-vec engine.

I had never been a Honda Fan, because of thier over priced structures and not providing goodies to their cars. But yes, now i must appriciate them.
Easy there bro; let us not go overboard here. ANHC has got killer looks for sure, but if you do a like-for-like comparison it is still over priced.

Yes, it is not so ridiculously overpriced as earlier, but it still is.

If you compare SX4 ZXi with ANHC 1.5S MT, you will find the ZXi offers all that 1.5S MT has, and is cheaper by One lakh rupees. And yes, it gives alloys & Auto Climate Control as well which 1.5S doesn't have.

On power front as well it is equally matched. SX4 generates 105bhp @ 5500 where as ANHC does 118bhp @ 6600, an rpm which you probably will never reach. In the usable range of 1500-4500rpm, they probably are closely matched, with a slight edge to Honda.

The success of Honda is in getting people used to their skyhigh pricing; charing a reasonable premium now makes people think they are giving it cheaper !!! Clever marketing strategy; nothing else.

Honda engine will certainly be for more refined, and will offer more fuel efficiency than SX4, but for that they are anyway charging a premium of 1 lakh, so i don't think it will dent SX4 sales in a serious way.

As always, people looking for refinement & style will go to ANHC and cost conscious buyers will choose SX4.

Last edited by oss : 27th September 2008 at 13:57. Reason: fixing the typos
Old 27th September 2008, 14:18   #283
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_budhiraj View Post
Libocta thy have started taking booking in delhi ..........
thanks budhiraj!
when i spoke to honda guys here in mumbai 2 days back they had no idea of booking dates.
but when i called them now they told me that booking has started
One needs to pay Token amount of 1L....
and Linkway honda is saying that E variant wud be available later in jan/feb...
the S variant wud be available nov end/dec..
not sure if this is a move to seel S over E or is E actually delayed :|
Old 27th September 2008, 14:29   #284
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by oss View Post
Yes, it is not so ridiculously overpriced as earlier, but it still is.
I too second that opinion. I guess everyone was so expecting honda to price it above 10L. As soon as it turned out below expectations ... ppl reached euphoric levels.
In actuality nothing has changed.

I compared on-road prices (12% tax) ....
NHC GXi - 8.76L
ANHC E - 9.2L
Extra bucks being charged for ABS and Airbags.
Old 27th September 2008, 14:33   #285
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sathee46 View Post
Ya i hope there will be one after the TD report of the G3HC, Add SX4 too

Fiesta does have Airbags, ABS, Alloys, 2 Years / 1,00,000 KMS Warranty & Hieght adjustable seats, 4.9M Turning radius, Independent suspensions (Sxi has leather seats intead of alloys). And is 1L+ lesser
Thanks for the correction - forgot about the recent updates! Was comparing in Autocar car summary a couple of weeks back, and they have not updated the details there :-( That's what created the wrong impression.

It seems that Fiest even has EBD while city doesn't!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks