Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th September 2008, 20:38   #331
Senior - BHPian

Sridharps, obviously on paper there is a lot of options that provide more for less, but that doesnt mean anything. These customers who went ahead and paid upfront and willing to wait are only similar to owners of previous generations of the City. Competition was present then as well, Cars like the Baleno, Siena etc. were great cars in their own right and can easily hold the candle to the City.

This particular brand combo of Honda & City still keeps ruling the segment and will go strength to strength. i am not saying that its easily the best and there is no competition but the fact is that they've kept their customers happy and future prospect owners want the same, its a cycle that will keep own growing. It doesnt make them bullet proof, oh no. Someday competition will come by with a equally good or better product for much better value eg. how the Altis took on the City. But till then its the 1 lac and three months.

I think the booking fiasco with the new City is the result of the Honda showroom and the company going in different directions. The showroom guys pay Honda upfront for stock and have to shell out interest for the duration they have it with them. The horror of having the present City in stock and pushing it at heavy discounts will lead to these guys taking a hit, So the reputation or the sales of the New City will be of no importance to them.
On the other hand Honda just wants to get on with the business, launch the new City and improve their market share.
Old 29th September 2008, 20:58   #332
BHPian

I completely agree with you shortbread. It is not just about cars. Majority of the people would want to go for the time tested and popular items as everyone is not expected to possess a lot of knowledge about everything and make a decision of their own. When G2HC was itself selling way beyond any other competitor, it is so obvious that G3HC will sell even better.
Old 29th September 2008, 21:16   #333
Senior - BHPian

1.4 litres is what i've heard

Total unjustice if the same chassis is retained

Even 1.2/1.4 for fabia is unjustice. It has a chassis which can take 1.9 engines easily
Old 29th September 2008, 22:13   #334
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shortbread View Post
Sridharps, obviously on paper there is a lot of options that provide more for less, but that doesnt mean anything. These customers who went ahead and paid upfront and willing to wait are only similar to owners of previous generations of the City. Competition was present then as well, Cars like the Baleno, Siena etc. were great cars in their own right and can easily hold the candle to the City.
No, you misunderstand me. I am sure Honda makes good cars. But I find the attitude of the Honda dealers difficult to digest. I have found them to be repeatedly arrogant and that is a big turn-off for me.( I have friends who have gone to buy an Accord and report the same arrogant behaviour).
What I meant was that the current rush is sure to accentuate this arrogance.
Old 29th September 2008, 23:08   #335
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.gupta88 View Post

Even 1.2/1.4 for fabia is unjustice. It has a chassis which can take 1.9 engines easily
Abhinav,

Are you responding to someone's question or is this post in the wrong thread?
Old 29th September 2008, 23:25   #336
BHPian

If people go about booking cars without seeing or driving them, it's up to them. Whether this works for Honda or not, I'm enjoying it. I hope all of them come out with their launches in the next couple of months. How I wish Honda had the Jazz out this year! Frankly speaking, I'm more interested in a large hatch after this evening's drive.

Getting back to G3NHC, ACI has a lot of nice things to say about it. Especially the engine and the auto-transmission.
Old 29th September 2008, 23:35   #337
BHPian

Honda is planning to launch City in Europe with 1.4 iVTEC engine and lot of other features too like ACC, Alloys, Turn Indicators on ORVM, etc. Why ? Why India never gets best from Honda. They always cuts goodies out from Indian version :( Wether it is Accord, CR-V, Civic or City. Why Honda thinks Indian doesnt have spending power.
Old 29th September 2008, 23:37   #338
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.gupta88 View Post

@ACI, 1.4 TSI Petrol - 140bhp (turbo + supercharger)
1.4 TDI (same as Fabia) with higher tune and bhp
Old 30th September 2008, 01:14   #339
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sridharps View Post
It is quite surprising how many people are falling over themselves to pay this money without even looking at the car or a test drive or even a brochure. Till such time people wake up, the Honda dealerships will continue to maintain their arrogant attitude.
I think it is because its a Honda. And that too the City. And more of this is due to a 118PS engine. Its like the fond memories of the OHC Vtec coming back. And not to mention the thrill of being the first few owners of a highly anticipated car.
Old 30th September 2008, 08:40   #340
BHPian

For all Honda City Fans, there is the exclusive review of the new city in the Car and Bike show in NDTV Profit next week monday evening 6 30 PM. Don't miss....
Old 30th September 2008, 10:54   #341
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joecherian View Post
For all Honda City Fans, there is the exclusive review of the new city in the Car and Bike show in NDTV Profit next week monday evening 6 30 PM. Don't miss....
If it's going to be a 15 mins review then 12 mins will be spent talking on the looks and in showing off the new age features in the insides like tilt adjust steering and height adjustable seats. Next 2 minutes, they will show the car being driven on some smooth highway. In the balance 1 minute they will take the car off roading and comment on how the suspension could have been better as it fails to soak up bumps!
Old 30th September 2008, 11:49   #342
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by karanraheja View Post
1. Test Drive cars should be available. 15 days for a test drive car is quite annoying. And another 1 month waiting after that ( E version deliveries only in Jan- Feb is too much) . I think this is surely taking us for a ride here.
Aggressive tactic by Honda to lock-in potentials & their deposits even before delivery schedules are in place! They obviously didn't want to lose out to other launches of this period, as well as the diwali frenzy.

As I posted earlier, there still isn't a mention of a smaller engine. That's so unlike the strategy that Honda has adopted for previous generations of the City. If they decide against offering a cheaper / smaller / more FE engine, Honda is giving away an entire segment of the market (the 7.xx lakh one). The ANHC is effectively moving up half a segment. Either the NHC will sell as the entry point (God forbid) or Honda is simply making way for the Jazz.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit View Post
12 mins will be spent talking on the looks and in showing off the new age features in the insides like tilt adjust steering and height adjustable seats. Next 2 minutes, they will show the car being driven on some smooth highway.
Don't forget 5 minutes spent on talking about the new shape headlamps!

Last edited by GTO : 30th September 2008 at 12:01.
Old 30th September 2008, 12:04   #343
BHPian

I checked out Deccan Honda, Pune yesterday. When I inquired about honda city, believe me, the lady @ front desk pointed me towards OLD city (which is still on display) along with brochure. I had to tell her that I was there to check out G3 Honda City. She just plainly pointed me towards a display poster on the wall saying thats all they have got for G3 city

pathetic ppl
Old 30th September 2008, 12:16   #344
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit View Post
If it's going to be a 15 mins review then 12 mins will be spent talking on the looks and in showing off the new age features in the insides like tilt adjust steering and height adjustable seats. Next 2 minutes, they will show the car being driven on some smooth highway. In the balance 1 minute they will take the car off roading and comment on how the suspension could have been better as it fails to soak up bumps!
I agree with you amit this NDTV Car and Bike show, is less of car and Bike more of Travelling and Looks show.

The host hardly tells anything about the engine or drive, rather spends half the time discussing the Grille, tail lamps and Side curves.

The only real and useful review can be found on Team-BHp only.

So we have to what, till a Bhpian gets it hands on it.

Last edited by S_budhiraj : 30th September 2008 at 12:17.
Old 30th September 2008, 12:44   #345
BHPian

Hi,

The price difference between E and S version (MT) is 50K. For 50K, one gets-

1. Keyless answer back with key
2. Center console high arm-rest
3. Passenger vanity mirror
4. Height-adjustable driver's seat
5. Seat-back pocket (passenger side)
6. Beige seat-fabric instead of grey
7. Advanced integrated audio with remote control
8. Front and rear speakers
9. Rear-armrest with cup-holders
10. Steering mounted audio controls
11. Front and rear mud-guards
12. Body colored door-handles and mirrors

When I started typing these differences, the intention was to ask whether the 50K difference is wrth the difference in equipment level. But after I listed down the differences, it looks like it is :-)

I am going to book a ANHC today for my dad from Courtsey Honda. I thought about going for the AT version, but my dad isn't very comfortable with it, and also he has concerns about it's effect on FE. He says it'll lower FE by at least a couple of KM/h. Is it right?

\N

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks