Team-BHP - Army Motorcade on Worli Sea Face
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Army Motorcade on Worli Sea Face (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/46277-army-motorcade-worli-sea-face.html)

I dont really know where to put this so am assuming this is the correct place. Was on Worli Sea Face for some work and this is what i spot. The Road was completely shut for these trucks, and there were armed guards every few mts. I presume this is either a missile pod of some kind or a radio reciever or something!! It reminds me of Grand Theft Auto-Vice City in which you had to steal a tank from an Army motorcade!! :D:D

super cooll.
hey can you buy army trucks ,like people buy army jeeps?
id love to own one someday,especially the short wheelbase 4WD ,big wheeled ones.
It'd give a hummer an inferiority complex. lol

OT:
Quote:

Originally Posted by paras211
id love to own one someday,especially the short wheelbase 4WD ,big wheeled ones.

Be careful what you ask for.
PM me if you have the money. ;)

Looks like mobile missile launcher and their radars.

Good photos taken.

Quote:

Originally Posted by paras211 (Post 988747)
super cooll.
It'd give a hummer an inferiority complex. lol

Sure, you can buy army vehicles not here, but in US. But do you have the vitamin M which is very much desired for these kind of dreams...

Quote:

Originally Posted by nitrous (Post 988755)
OT:
Be careful what you ask for.
PM me if you have the money. ;)

@nitrous- how much money?:)

Quote:

Originally Posted by rippergeo (Post 988817)
@nitrous- how much money?:)

And whats up for sale. Tbhp market place is always there. Any Tanks for sale..???

They look like a CW low level Radar guidance for surface to air missiles,the 407 is a communication unit, where were they taking these? are these getting deployed somewhere???

I have seen them plenty of times on Sea Face. they stand at the end of sea face where the circle is at the base there. I think once a week they come out for a rutine run. I did try and ask the people standing at the gate of the office or base but they refused to give any information.

@ Nitrous Anna there are plenty of takers for the army vehicles, so i guess you would be busy now to take four orders more :D.

I thought Palios were built like tanks. Go and buy one. lol:
Anyway, these vehicles go to the coast guard / naval base located at the northern end of Worli Seaface. Convoys like this one are regular.

Yup, those are part of the missile contingent of INS Trata (see name on the fire engine) based at the Mobile Missile Coastal Battery (MMCB) opposite the Godrej Bayview tower at the northern end of the Worli Seaface.

These are part of Mumbai's 'missile umbrella'. Check out Wikimapia below: you can actually see 3 of them lined up near the shore.

In fact the Navy somehow granted permission to build the 17-storey Bayview Tower and adjoing building (Kishori Court?) even though they fall 'within the firing arc' of the MMCB :Shockked:.

INS Trata

This is a regular sight on the sea face (atleast for us who stay there ;) )
they take these surface-to air missile launchers out for a run so that they keep moving, they take a couple of rounds of the sea face and then retreat into the garages of INS trata, sometimes they even have some stuff getting shifted from INS kunjali to this place, early in the morning.

Super Cool!! Also, a few years ago, i remember seeing some Tanks on the road in pune!! And a couple of years ago, there were some helicopters on the move in bombay...on top of trucks that is!!

saw a similar motorcade passing from the Kalina military cap on towards the Sion area early morning at around 6 am from my home in Kurla, the whole traffic.. whatever it was at that time was halted until the motorcade passed.

These are actually Styx cruise missile launchers belonging to the Indian Navy. The missile is a liquid fueled one and can hit at targets out at around 70 - 100 km.