Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th June 2010, 00:34   #181
BHPian

Great scoop Gagan. You have got some nice scoop shots.

Now, the segment is going to heat up.
Old 17th June 2010, 01:14   #182
Senior - BHPian

This car has been spotted before loads of times.At first it was though to be the new facelifted accord,now it seems they are testing a diesel.Not sure as to what they plan.Trust the slow japs to take there own sweet time to come out with new products.
Old 17th June 2010, 02:13   #183
Senior - BHPian

Hi Gagan,

Nice shooting there, by the which camera do you use? The photo quality is amazing. In the first pic even with the Sun shining straight at the lens the result is excellent. Money well spent.
Old 17th June 2010, 08:38   #184
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

If you guys recall, the CRV Diesel was caught testing a year or so back and there was a huge hoopla about this and nothing ever happened. Don't think Honda is very committed to diesels in India for what ever reason.
Old 17th June 2010, 10:24   #185
BHPian

Brilliant; hoping they give us stiffer suspension;

is this the engine

Honda Accord Diesel Coming in 2011 | Upcoming Cars India - CarWale.com

Honda shows next-generation diesel engine

If they price it sensibly i will searching for my cheque book and call my loan advisor.

but then how about plonking this in a civic it will surely be a monster, expecting too much, as always

Last edited by raj.barcode : 17th June 2010 at 10:26.
Old 17th June 2010, 10:27   #186
BHPian

Thanks guys. Actually its becomes a responsibility of us all whenever we see such beauties on road and share it with all of you guys here at the forum.

This sure was a Diesel as confirmed by the driver himself, and he looked like a no normal driver, but a well educated Honda Official, by the way he was dressed and his way of talking.

@theragingbull, @avishar: it might be true, few Honda officials driving it just for the fun of it and not testing.

@khoj: Its HTC Legend, got a 5MP camera
Old 17th June 2010, 11:00   #187
BHPian

This is a great scoop, thanks for sharing. From long time I was thinking why Honda is not bringing the EU Accord 2.2 i-DTEC to India (may be due to diesel quality). The same car with Petrol 2.4 L engine is sold in US as an Acura TSX.

In any case it will be worth to watch whether they will bring this as an Accord (as claimed by the Honda person) or whether Honda will take this opportunity to launch its luxury marque Acura in India.

I have driven the 2.4 L Acura TSX 6 speed manual in US and I would say its an amazing car with great driving dynamics.

-PK

Last edited by pk_del : 17th June 2010 at 11:02.
Old 17th June 2010, 11:35   #188
Senior - BHPian

Is this an Accord Diesel for sure.

Why would Honda change the look for a Diesel. Anyway, Accord models are not something to change over night and stay around for a few years.

By any chance can this be the new Civic. The Civic is definitely due for a makeover. Almost all cars in its segment have had an upgrade
Old 17th June 2010, 11:42   #189
BHPian

Maybe they are evaluating the engine in the body of the American Accord. Anyways, I dont like its front end and something tells me that Honda are still not convinced about bringing diesels to India
Old 17th June 2010, 12:28   #190
Senior - BHPian

Euro Accord..Sighted Before

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedreamcatcher View Post
Is this an Accord Diesel for sure.

Why would Honda change the look for a Diesel. Anyway, Accord models are not something to change over night and stay around for a few years.

By any chance can this be the new Civic. The Civic is definitely due for a makeover. Almost all cars in its segment have had an upgrade
Nope. Thats the Euro Accord for sure. Not the civic. No test mules of the Civic have been caught anywhere in the world as yet. This car has been captured by many Bhpians over the last 2 years at different locations. I dont think honda's changing the accord with the euro version, they probably wanted to avoid attention and tested the diesel under the hood of this car. I personally have seen this car on the Ring Road in Delhi at least 5 times.
Old 17th June 2010, 12:36   #191
BHPian

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...accord-10.html

Do check out this thread where this same car has been discussed for a while now..
Old 17th June 2010, 13:13   #192
BHPian

The car has been spotted numerous times since the last 2 years - coming from G.Noida and going to South Ex. somewhere. The car is used to ferry some japanese employee of Honda, some hot-shot probably. Not really a test car IMHO.
Old 17th June 2010, 13:30   #193
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theragingbull View Post
It's been over 2 years since Honda is testing this Euro Accord!! What on earth are they doing? I wonder if this car is just being enjoyed by Honda officials
They are testing this car for ages in India, but no sign of launching the diesel variant of the Accord in India. May be the bad quality fuel is good enough for testing but not for regular use
Old 17th June 2010, 15:53   #194
BHPian

This looks like the eight generation Honda Accord, which they have been selling here in Europe since 2008. Here's a road test from a well trusted source.

Honda*Accord (2008 - ) | Car Reviews | Honest John

The previous generation, generation 7, from 2003 - 2008, and in that the 2.2 deisel has been massively popular as well. It's real a sweet and civilized engine, with a lot power offering great 50-55 mpg! It's well refined compared the to competition, and these are well spec'ed cars and put together really well. They have the typical rock solid Honda reliability, although there are some issues reported, making them not as reliable as the petrol versions - but still, they are far superior to the competition - for instance the 1.9l diesel engine that you get in similar age VW/Audi.

I have the petrol version (2.0 iVTEC) of the Accord here, and it's a pleasure to own it.
Old 17th June 2010, 16:45   #195
Distinguished - BHPian

hey buddy..shud appreciate your efforts to take the pics and the pain you took it to share it with all of us. Nice phone cam too. I didnt like the front like many others. The current accord's muscle's have vanished. And I believe the new Civic's shape is also very much similar to this -- are they looking at creating a style statement for all Honda sedans with minor changes - so that they look like one family [brother or sisters] ?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks