Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th September 2010, 08:43   #211
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by car-dent View Post
what car is this . saw it on the greater noida expressway. managed to take few pics. the car didnt have any badging on the rear. had a chrome front grill. looked like honda for sure.
Hey! That is the ACURA TSX. I can't believe they would be bringing the Acura brand in India. Honda in India already is a luxury brand.
Attached Thumbnails
Spotted Testing:- European version Honda Accord-untitled.jpg  

Old 6th September 2010, 14:26   #212
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GForce1980 View Post
Hey! That is the ACURA TSX. I can't believe they would be bringing the Acura brand in India. Honda in India already is a luxury brand.
Honda has been using the Acura for testing their diesel engines in India.
Old 6th September 2010, 14:39   #213
Distinguished - BHPian

Thats the European Accord with the diesel heart.

Wonder for how long will Honda be testing the diesel engine in India. May be they are waiting for the Euro V norms in India
Old 7th September 2010, 03:44   #214
Senior - BHPian

They are going to go on testing till they are absolutely sure of their engine running on locally available diesel that has a much higher sulphur content compared to what is available in EU. Plus there are several other additives that their engine will have to digest and still perform.

Do note that once they come out with the diesel here they will find their cars all over the place in cities as well as upcountry and surely Honda would not like to have their A.S.S. people tearing their hair out at every outpost that the car breaks down in.

There are the Europeans and the Americans and their own brothers from Nippon who already have diesels running here but then they have a heritage in diesel technology. For Honda this engine is their first foray into the world of Black fuel and hence the extended testing!

OR it could also simply be a matter of their Diesel being in great demand in Europe and with not enough production capacity to cater to other markets, Honda might be going slow and taking their own sweet time in homologating the vehicle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkrishnap View Post
Thats the European Accord with the diesel heart.

Wonder for how long will Honda be testing the diesel engine in India. May be they are waiting for the Euro V norms in India
Old 28th September 2010, 08:36   #215
BHPian

New Honda Car

Hi Everyone,

I was driving to office from Greater Noida to Noida yesterday morning and from a distance I saw a car with red registration plate. I stepped up and drove close to the car. It was certainly a honda but had no markings whatsoever on it. All logos names etc removed. It bore UP 16 TC series number on a red background

It was way bigger than the civic & the accord. My phone camera just wouldn't start and hence I couldn't get the pics.

Anybody knows which car are they launching and is getting assembled here at the greater Noida plant?

Last edited by dhondusaxena : 28th September 2010 at 08:38.
Old 28th September 2010, 09:21   #216
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by car-dent View Post
what car is this . saw it on the greater noida expressway. managed to take few pics. the car didnt have any badging on the rear. had a chrome front grill. looked like honda for sure.
Interesting to see how a car and auto are driving in the opposite direction. Somethings never change.
Old 28th September 2010, 11:09   #217
Senior - BHPian

every 2-3 months one BHPian spots this car and the thread is alive again.
Old 28th September 2010, 13:43   #218
BHPian

Yummy! Dreaming of Honda City and Accord with diesel engines and paddle shift! But the problem is the willingness of Honda and the price. I can imagine City and Accord with above features will be 15L and 25L respectively!
Old 21st February 2011, 22:08   #219
BHPian

Scoop- New Honda Sedan.

Hi guys.
Today on my way to the court(read office) i spotted this new Honda car in my rear view mirror.
While i was on the nizammudin bridge just before the Common wealth games village i noticed something different in my RVM. It was a debadged vehicle but the UP16 no. and the Honda-ish grill were too prominent.It is not the new accord( i guess ) as it is already in the public domain there is no point in covering it up. When i allowed the car to catchup with me i was able to take a look inside and the steering wheel confirmed it that it was a honda indeed.
I shall let the pics do the talking (apologies for the poor quality as they have been shot while driving and through a mobile camera.)
Attached Thumbnails
Spotted Testing:- European version Honda Accord-200220111123.jpg  

Spotted Testing:- European version Honda Accord-200220111124.jpg  

Spotted Testing:- European version Honda Accord-200220111125.jpg  

Spotted Testing:- European version Honda Accord-200220111126.jpg  

Spotted Testing:- European version Honda Accord-200220111127.jpg  

Spotted Testing:- European version Honda Accord-200220111129.jpg  

Spotted Testing:- European version Honda Accord-200220111130.jpg  

Spotted Testing:- European version Honda Accord-200220111131.jpg  

Spotted Testing:- European version Honda Accord-200220111132.jpg  

Old 21st February 2011, 22:13   #220
Senior - BHPian

Re: Scoop- New Honda Sedan.

Buddy that's the Euro Accord. Its being tested for 2 years now and has been put up on this forum a zillion times. I ended up thinking that it was a scoop myself when i posted the pix a year back only to find out that the picx had been there for a while !!
Old 21st February 2011, 23:28   #221
BHPian

Re: Scoop- New Honda Sedan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nik_kapur View Post
Buddy that's the Euro Accord. Its being tested for 2 years now and has been put up on this forum a zillion times. I ended up thinking that it was a scoop myself when i posted the pix a year back only to find out that the picx had been there for a while !!
My bad Nik. I have been out of touch for the last few months and thus i had missed out on these threads. I wonder though isn't two years enough time to test a car. Till how long will they keep testing?
Mods- thanks for moving to the appropriate thread.
Old 22nd May 2011, 11:30   #222
BHPian

New Honda Accord

Saw this on Noida expressway yesterday. Car had no badge. Looks like Honda Accord
Mods, if a thread already exists, please merge.
Attached Thumbnails
Spotted Testing:- European version Honda Accord-img_7327.jpg  

Spotted Testing:- European version Honda Accord-img_7329.jpg  

Spotted Testing:- European version Honda Accord-img_7323.jpg  

Old 22nd May 2011, 11:32   #223
BHPian

Re: New Honda Accord

Looks like :
http://www.hdcarpictures.com/wp-cont...11/03/1310.jpg
Old 23rd May 2011, 12:39   #224
BHPian

Re: Spotted Testing:- European version Honda Accord

Have been seeing this car quite a lot. Its the Diesel version of Accord I was told when I also posted the pics sometime back.
Old 23rd May 2011, 18:33   #225
Senior - BHPian

Re: Spotted Testing:- European version Honda Accord

Ain't that the Acura TSX? It is a little smaller than the Accord. Offered in a segment higher in the US as an entry level luxury sedan.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks