Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th September 2008, 09:01   #16
BHPian

Have been seeing this car for more than a month now. Its parked in a lane behind my friend's house in GK-2. The oriental guys are indeed from the Honda motor company only. I had shot the diesel CRV pics in front of the same house earlier.
The diesel CRV still comes here some times but the i-CTDI monicker from the rear windshield has been removed.

In fact this guy was being driven around in the New Accord even before it was launched in India.

The Oriental guy is some top manager in Honda India , he even used to drive a red colored 1'st generation CRV (which wasn't launched in India ), earlier, with UP 16 number plates.

Last edited by car_crazy1400 : 25th September 2008 at 09:04.
Old 25th September 2008, 09:27   #17
Senior - BHPian

Excellent scoop my friend, watermark them !!

It surely looks meaner then current generation accord. No way they are going to launch with a year atleast, as the current generation is launched in india quite few months before only.
Old 25th September 2008, 09:49   #18
BHPian

I saw same model Last Night but not this car this is black it was Grey it was parked out side Taj Hotel Chanakya Puri It also had Temp UP registration . At first i got confused as to what Honda model it was , It was stunning Too But will Honda Launch two Model of accord or Will they discontinue they Newly Launched Accord Or they might sell it with some other name
Old 25th September 2008, 10:12   #19
BHPian

What they could do is launch it as the Acura brand with a high end V6 and/or Diesel.
This could then compete with the Camry/Passat; in that PRICE range, NOT necessary SIZE. Bring it in as a complete CBU on demand. Raise the company image along the way?
Old 25th September 2008, 10:13   #20
BHPian

watermark the pics asap veer ji ,
Old 25th September 2008, 10:20   #21
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raja View Post
What they could do is launch it as the Acura brand with a high end V6 and/or Diesel.
This could then compete with the Camry/Passat; in that PRICE range, NOT necessary SIZE. Bring it in as a complete CBU on demand. Raise the company image along the way?
This seems to be the most logical reason i can think of.

Other than that, beats me what Honda has up it's sleeve Positioning this model will be a task, it's too similar to the Accord.
Old 25th September 2008, 10:39   #22
Senior - BHPian

Great scoop !

The car looks really wide and certainly bigger than civic.
It will really look good in light colour.
If they launch the diesel version , It may find many takers.

All the best Chevy !
Old 25th September 2008, 11:10   #23
BHPian

Folks, as far as appearance and Interiors are concerned that was definitley not the European Honda Accord, have seen a lot of them in Germany, Switzerland and Austria. This one was bigger in size from the European Accord.

Yes this looks absolute similar to Acura, except those Alloys and front Grill.
Alloys were more similar to the newly launched Accord

As it was definitely a Diesel vehicle, Honda might be thinking of launching this to differentiate between the petrol and diesel model.

Petrol:- Newly launched Accord
Diesel:- Might be Acura
Old 25th September 2008, 11:16   #24

If they do bring it here, they won't be able to price it below 25-28 lac, which i think is too much for a car that's smaller than an Accord, Camry and the Passat.
And if they were testing a diesel why would they test it on an Acura and not an Accord itself?
Old 25th September 2008, 11:20   #25
evo
BHPian

looks much much better than the american version (well, which car doesnt?)
This looks very delicious, please honda, price it properly!
Old 25th September 2008, 11:37   #26
BHPian

The Big question is, When and at how much price Honda will launch it?

As seen with Honda, They have been testing Diesel CRV from past 1 year and still there is ne news about that. Go with the same it might take ages from them to launch this
Old 25th September 2008, 13:09   #27
Senior - BHPian

I think the pricing will depend upon how they can create an aura for the Acura brand here. Yep they are priced on the higher side but this strategy has been a success in the US wherein the Acura guise is priced higher than the similar Honda model.
Also I think Honda i CTDi engine will be very expensive once imported from Japan and might terribly overprice the Accord/CRV as compared to the Petrol counterpart. On the other hand a more expensive brand like Acura might be able to justify this defecit. But then there are no diesel options in Acura, is there?
All speculations, but nonetheless exciting stuff.
Old 25th September 2008, 14:10   #28
BHPian

Great scoop, i think this one should surely come to India. By the way one question to the community, how are diesel engines provided by Honda worldwide, how is their experties in Diesel? Never heard of anything.
Old 25th September 2008, 14:28   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_budhiraj View Post
Folks, as far as appearance and Interiors are concerned that was definitley not the European Honda Accord, have seen a lot of them in Germany, Switzerland and Austria. This one was bigger in size from the European Accord.
SB - The European Accord has just been replaced with a new model, are you sure you're not confusing it with the old one?

See here: Honda Car Experience
Old 25th September 2008, 14:52   #30
Distinguished - BHPian

I wouldnt be surprised if they do launch Acura here. With Honda's brand recall being strong, people would do what they've done before - overlook the negatives and go for a Honda flagship.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks