Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th September 2008, 15:44   #31
BHPian

I think they are looking at the Acura badge for India..and if not they really really should since it makes sound sense!

Fully loaded (3.5 V6) or Diesel can come in at around the same price as a Camry or slightly higher. It would definately chomp away at Camry/Superb/Passat/3 Series/C Class/A4 sales as ACURA is a BETTER BADGE than a HONDA....so the Indian 'brand' mentality also gets satisfied.

I, for one, fell short of getting the Camry..since its a Camry...its not supposed to cost Rs 25lacs...got me a CRV instead!

But an Acura TL with Sat Nav, Bluetooth Stereo, Heated Electronic Seats etc for around Rs25L-Rs30L would be a no-brainer! Go Honda Go...bring in the Acura!
Old 25th September 2008, 15:47   #32
Senior - BHPian

nice catch

it is the Euro Honda Accord sold as Acura TSX in USDM.

if honda launches it here, where will it be positioned if its launched as a Honda?
My guess it would fit between the Civic and USDM Accord, which we get here, the fat one.

but woudnt that make the lineup too crowded?

but if its launched as Acura then it can be positoned with the MB C Class range isnt it?
Old 25th September 2008, 17:01   #33
Senior - BHPian

Very nice catch! Acura(Honda) in India will fasten way for other brands also like Lexus(Toyota) and Mustang(Ford). And this car sure looks like a winner.

Could also be that the Diesel CR-V they are testing from 1 year is not getting success in Indian conditions therefore now they might be testing another diesel engine in this car for CR-v and accord. Although Acura would be welcomed whole heartedly but their prioreity should be on getting diesel for their current lineup.
Old 25th September 2008, 17:16   #34
BHPian

Acura have historically been either more Sporty or Luxurious Honda's.
They could fill a niche by selling this as a sporty Accord/TSX and challenge true drivers cars like the BMW 3 Series for approx Rs8-10 Lacs cheaper?
Around the Rs25 Lacs bracket, there are many luxury cars, but no true sporty cars? Honda have enough knowledge to challenge BMW in handling stakes, they just don't have the badge. Here in India, they would be offering something unique (in that price bracket)?
Old 25th September 2008, 18:04   #35
Senior - BHPian

Mmmm, It will really be nice if we start getting Acuras,

But I dont think it will be that easy,
Acuras as far as i know are only sold as LHDs in the American markets, so there are no RHD Acuras so far.
The spotted test car from what i can make out is a RHD.
I dont think Honda is going to get the kind of volumes in India to justify converting Acuras into RHDs.

Maybe they are testing the Accord diesel, which only is available in the European shape.

But Acuras will really make our roads more colourful.
Old 25th September 2008, 18:35   #36
Senior - BHPian

Great find! Even if it's only here to evaluate Honda's diesel engines for the Accord and the CRV that's a great thing, it's high time they brought those diesels here anyway!
Old 26th September 2008, 00:46   #37
BHPian

I too saw this same car last week near South ext. part II . U.P registration , No badge . A driver with big mustache was driving it .Sorry guys as i Was in hurry so coudnt take the pics but it would be fantastic to see this one selling in India . Fantastic car but the rear somewhat resembles to our indian civic .
Old 26th September 2008, 04:30   #38
BHPian

Why would HONDA launch this car right now and that too under the ACURA name ? Does LEXUS have any immediate plans?
Neverethless great car to be in, but resembles the new ACCORD at some angles very closely.
Old 26th September 2008, 05:36   #39
BHPian

The 201 hp tsx sold here is pretty mediocre. bells and whistles galore but the car is sluggish to say the least and that's me being very kind with my choice of words.

If at all is launched, it better come with a list of optional engines like i4 petrol diesel and sufficiently more power through a couple of v6's maybe..

If money no problem, the '08 tl-s is what I'd buy blindfolded.
Old 26th September 2008, 12:02   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
SB - The European Accord has just been replaced with a new model, are you sure you're not confusing it with the old one?

See here: Honda Car Experience
Thanks for the Info, when did this happen?

Few months back when I was in London haven't seen any of them. Anyways once again thanks for the update.
Old 26th September 2008, 12:12   #41
Senior - BHPian

If Honda do decide to launch it here, it could well be the new Accord V6....who knows!!!

Shan2nu
Old 26th September 2008, 12:17   #42
Senior - BHPian

May be honda thinking of selling two models of Accord as well as two models of City side by side with different engine specs and different designs.. In USA there are many many different models we see on road having the name Honda Accord? Don't know why?
Old 26th September 2008, 12:56   #43
Senior - BHPian

I dont think Honda is selling two models of the same car anywhere in the world at the moment. except for some 1-2 months for the new Honda City Replacement in OUr country.

The many models which you are seeing are the previously discountiued models in the US domestic Market. Honday is only selling the Accord Coupe and 4 Door Sedan currently in the US market.
Old 26th September 2008, 18:54   #44
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Great catch! Either Honda is testing the cdti diesel, or (hopefully but lower possibility) it plans to launch the Acura brand in the Indian market. I have always preferred the chunky look of the Euro Accord to its floaty American counterpart. The luxury car market in India is booming and I wouldn't be surprised if Honda is eyeing a piece of this super-profitable pie. How about an Acura ctdi for 25 lakhs? 140 BHP + 340 NM torque + Honda reliability!

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
Maybe with a nice engine & price 2L below the Accord?? *drool drool*!
Fat chance. The Euro Accord / Acura is priced a notch above the luxo-barge US spec that's sold in India.
Old 28th September 2008, 08:44   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fx45 View Post
I dont think Honda is selling two models of the same car anywhere in the world at the moment. except for some 1-2 months for the new Honda City Replacement in OUr country.

The many models which you are seeing are the previously discountiued models in the US domestic Market. Honday is only selling the Accord Coupe and 4 Door Sedan currently in the US market.
Well, honda sells both US and Euro accord models in australia... but i dont think they will be following that model. As previously noted, its hard to believe they will be launching Acura brand with RHD models specifically for India. Probably they are working on a new engine or launch euro accord under a different name... in any case, its a very nice catch...

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks