Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th March 2005, 22:55   #46
Senior - BHPian

OK.. just something striking my mind. It may not at all be the case the Hyundai is referring to WagonR. Maybe the target of the ad is ALTO. I am sure the seating capacity of Alto as entered in RC booklet is 4. Now this is getting interesting....
Old 30th March 2005, 08:34   #47
Team-BHP Support

I want to see what the RTO will put for the Merc CLS ? 5 seats for a strict 4 seater!
Old 30th March 2005, 21:28   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitoj
And how many seat belts does wagonr and zen have? If WagonR's RC says it has a seating cap of 5 and provides only 4 seatbelts, then thats not good, is it?

On a sidenote... boy do we love bashing Hyundai here!
Zen too has 5, 4 regular and one lap ... but the lap one is fit only for a kid methinks.

S
Old 31st March 2005, 11:01   #49
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by simran
Zen too has 5, 4 regular and one lap ... but the lap one is fit only for a kid methinks.

S
Makes sense... coz three adults on zen's backseat would hardly require any seatbelt coz they will be packed like sardines in a can...

By the way, saw the same Hyundai ad in today's TOI also. Seems the ARAI's "letter" made it to the newspapers only and not the company!
Old 31st March 2005, 12:26   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon
One small request, although racing on streets that have traffic on them, and on highways [single road] are very very dangerous, I'd like to add that please do not race with people especially if they have members of family/friends in their car/bike. For no reason, the other's life also gets involved in the case of any event and may be fatal. Just because of someone's pride/stupidity, someone else loses his/her life. I've seen this mostly on bikes, where some guys want to impress their girl behind and do silly stuff of tilting the bike, trying to race, etc. I just feel soo bad for them.
Agreed here Gordon. Racing is best left for on the tracks. It's better to let the other guy's ego be satiated than to get killed or worse still, kill someone else.

The Spiderman line is a classic: "With great power comes greater responsibility."

And please belt up, irrespective of whether it's a four seater car or a five seater one!

I wonder why seat belts are mandatory for the front seat passengers in many cities in India, but helmets for motorcycles (greater risk and more accidents!) are not! And there is not much popular opinion going for compulsory helmet usage either! Pretty sad state of mind.
Old 27th December 2005, 23:36   #51
Team-BHP Support

Hyundai Advertisement At It Again

An email written to Hyundai Officials for their offensive advertisement:

Quote:
To: cr@hmil.net
Cc: anitasharma@hmil.net ; vanand@hmil.net
Sent: Thursday, December 22, 2005 5:00 PM
Subject: Hyundai Santro advertisement . . .

To: Hyundai Motors India Pvt. Ltd/

Kind attn Mr. BVR Subbu / Media Group

There is an ad for the Santro on television nowadays, which makes use of some low-grade humour at the cost of your portrayal of a Hindu priest, and some Hindu religious sentiments. Such sentiments are cornerstones of religions, but you choose to use them in your own way, making fun of them, right? Right.

Fair enough, it is a free country, and it didn't bother me till I overheard a few young people in my office discussing it and deciding NOT to buy a Santro because the ad makes cheap fun of a religion. Any religion.

I mean, tomorow you may even decide to make fun of a religious figure marrying a 9-year old girl and having sex with her. Or maybe yet another one about a virgin having a baby. Why don't you? Oh yes, because you may OFFEND those religions?

So why pick on Hinduism?

I think I speak for a lot of people when I say that I want that ad off. Watch this space. And forward this to Mr. Subbu. Last time Hyundai ran an ad of the Indian country without placing the islands, I called him up and luckily nobody else noticed that goof. Might not be so lucky this time.

rgds/Veeresh Malik
Old 27th December 2005, 23:40   #52
Senior - BHPian

mmm.. What exactly is wrong with that advertisement, MoralFibre..
Old 28th December 2005, 00:27   #53
Max
BHPian

well, every new car buyer do gets their car arti for safe life . so i don't think what they have shown is wrong !
Old 28th December 2005, 02:45   #54
BHPian

The other day 9 of us came home in my Matiz. So I guess double jail time for me. Hahahahaaha.

Don't worry I wasn't driving fast and no such rule as seating 4 or 5 this side of India.
Old 28th December 2005, 03:19   #55
Distinguished - BHPian

there are no rights and wrongs here in india,i got a ticket last week for driving at 68kmph in 60kmph zone on ring road........
Old 28th December 2005, 10:14   #56
BHPian

I dont think a large part of the indian car buying public would find anything wrong with the Ad.
This is a normal practice which most people follow.

moralfibre, Dont you think that this sort of Moral Policing is getting out of hand ..
Old 28th December 2005, 10:15   #57
BHPian

I'm not getting on what went wrong in this advertisement.

I believe, it's not a humor on the Hindu Priest, more to that it's a humour on the people who hires such priests for performing aarti on their vehicles.

But anyways it's Ok than the TVS traffic cutter advertisement.
Old 28th December 2005, 11:19   #58
Senior - BHPian

Honestly, I dont se anything wrong in that advertisement. What is wrong with what theyve shown?
Old 28th December 2005, 11:31   #59
BHPian

Thats called the moral police overreacting !
I dotn think the ad makes any fun of 'Hinduism' as such (I think the ad is not that funny either) and after sometime anything and everythg will be banned from TV since it hurts (or is assumed to) someone's feelings.

recently some guy wrote in the paper abt how the programs show this n that and how it affects his children...One advice to those - there is a big red button (Power OFF) on your remote...Use it !

sorry for the rant ;-)
Old 28th December 2005, 14:00   #60
Senior - BHPian

BTW, can someone tell me what is he complaining about that ad? I have seen it but never gave much attention. All I remember about is that, there is priest doing "pooja" while the guy is itching to get inside the car. Which one is offending part?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks