Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 26th September 2008, 00:35   #31
oss
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raajks View Post
Personally I hate the FRONT looks. I am extremely disappointed. I expected more of a EVO 9 sporty look.
Quote:
Originally Posted by parichay View Post
I think the current cedia looks much better than this new avatar...at least from the front it most defintely does! Should have made it look more like the 2009 lancer.
I completely agree. What on earth were they thinking while redesinging? Couldn't have made it look any worse

They should have just stuck to the additional features and left the exteriors as such. Made it look horrendous now...

Last edited by oss : 26th September 2008 at 00:37.
Old 26th September 2008, 00:40   #32
Senior - BHPian

Absolutely not worth the price. HM should go into hiding now that the new Honda city is launched. The car doesnt seem to have changed even a bit. Except for that ugly grille that will shoo customers away.

Nice going Hm any more bright ideas...???
Old 26th September 2008, 00:58   #33
BHPian

Is this for real ?

Probably(or looks to me that) 2 out of the 5 photographs were taken professionally.

No matter who they are targeting, Im sure a much more decent and quality oriented person would have been entrusted with making official/unofficial marketing material.

Dull Descriptions with ill-matching font and ink colours.I fell off my seat with the "Hi tech Gadgets" tag used on one of those slides.Photographs with more floor tiles showing rather than the car itself.Even the technical pages have got issues!, ive never seen a brochure/handout that is made with a pure white background.

This work is like ones you find on flyers made for sticking on back of public transport busses, only to end up at the chaiwallah who uses them to give a samosa along with the hot tea.

For the dealer, for the trainee , for internal purposes, for the public(i hope not) and for the illiterate even, doesn't matter who this is targeting but I'm sure this aint worth leaving the drawing board.Mitsu should take this seriously with whoever made it cause ultimately its ended up on the net over here for everyone across the world to see!!

Even if most opinions on the so called upgrades are negative,I'm sure a proper presentation would have altered one to think better of the changes!!.Chrome is considered classy(new Logan is using it!),Clear lenses are the in thing,a real FAT Audio/Video system(they end up calling it a "music system" in slide description),New bodykit...nothing wrong with any of these i say.Its the way you/we've been made to look at it.

Old 26th September 2008, 01:31   #34
BHPian

^ About my above post,not saying that i like or dislike any of the changes , Its just that i expect a better presentation and quality when shelling out 8 Nano's worth of money.I'd be put off even if this was made as reading material to boost me as a sales rep that promotes/sells this car.

Last edited by absynthguzzler : 26th September 2008 at 01:34.
Old 26th September 2008, 02:12   #35

Mitsubishi did this With the old lancer too!! Remember how they had introduced an ugly chrome grille on it!!
Old 26th September 2008, 02:30   #36
BHPian

I am surprised and shocked to see this supposedly new look Cedia!
Old 26th September 2008, 02:38   #37
BHPian

Mitsubishi should stop doing useless facelifts of the Cedia and bring on the New Lancer.

The brochure appears to me as poorly made.
Old 26th September 2008, 04:23   #38
BHPian

atleast they have changed that similing grill which the CEDIA came with originally.I think it would have looked better if this same grill was done in black rather than the chrome finish.
Old 26th September 2008, 07:14   #39
Team-BHP Support

What they needed to do for a facelift was this:

FACELIFT for Mitsubishi Cedia !!, with Brochure-mitsubishilancer_ralliart_2006_800x600_wallpaper_01.jpg

I wouldn't mind if if they put the same engine as that pic, 2.4L 162bhp MIVEC.
Old 26th September 2008, 08:40   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid6639 View Post
What they needed to do for a facelift was this:

Attachment 52934

I wouldn't mind if if they put the same engine as that pic, 2.4L 162bhp MIVEC.
Agree that this looks neat and sensible - Looks like the Mitsu guys tried to mix n match exterior features of existing Spirit and Sports - more of chrome and extending the bumbers - result Disaster looks - a.k.a Civic Sports!!
Old 26th September 2008, 11:06   #41
JRD
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillram View Post
Climate controller valves look like Khaitan Fan Regulator knobs...
Conclusin: Im happy with my 2008 Cedia :-)
Khaitan fan! good one.
on the first glance i did'nt even think it was climate control.
Old 26th September 2008, 11:07   #42
BHPian

Hmm changed grill looks boring. Yes only welcome change is dvd player and climate control. wonder it would be possible to upgrade existing cars. If yes might go for that.

any news about facelift to sports version? or it is discontinued?

Hey vid, that lancer looks terrific.

Last edited by 1000Horses : 26th September 2008 at 11:10.
Old 26th September 2008, 11:18   #43
BHPian

wonder why they changed the front to that of the lancer, now it looks like the front is a mix of the lancer and cedia. The old one is much better thank you. But the new centre consol is very very nice. Wish I could change over to that, but I doubt it very much. Lets see how it pans out. Would love to add the new climate control and kenwood DD unit.
Old 26th September 2008, 11:20   #44
BHPian

The Climate Control is a welcome addition and the HU looks cool.

The seating in the rear was quite low in the current/ outgoing model. Maybe they should consider to better it.
Old 26th September 2008, 11:38   #45
BHPian

Sad. I don't think Mitsubishi is serious about Indian market.

Most Viewed